NBA

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!
What is your opinion for this NBA season 2016/2017? Who will win championship this season? Can Cleveland Cavaliers defend title? Or GS will win this one, or some other team will take crown? Who will be MVP for this season? I know that there is more games to come, but i want to see your opinions about this season.
Cheers!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion

I'm die heart Timberwolves fan. I think its golden state that's going to win. They got a raw deal last year.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I am a bit of a NBA junkie.

Cleveland will defend their title.

In the West GSW is the favorite but they needs a piece or two Zaza and Mc Gee are not enough to protect the rim. Clippers are unproven and just cannot seem to stay healthy at the right time. I got the Spurs surprising everyone and winning the west. The Rockets have surprised me with how good they are and also the Lakers and Nuggets have been better than I thought and both should be in contention for the last spot in the West. The Thunder are were I thought they would be.

The East should be more competitive than last year but nobody is beating the Cavs would be surprised if someone can take them to six games. Toronto hasn't fallen off from last year, Hornets and Bulls have been playing really well, Celtics are a solid team and if Indiana can get it right they can give anyone a run.

For MVP it is tough to say right now a lot could happen. Front runners right now ares LeBron, KD or Kawhi. Or if Westbrook, the Beard or AD teams win enough games one of those can get it. I also give Curry, DeRozan, Lillard, CP3 and Irving an outside shot too. My money is on Westbrook if he can keep this pace up and OKC get to maybe the 4th or 5th seed in west.

Defensive player of the year should be between Kawhi, Draymond, AD and possibly Gobert.

For rookie of the year Embiid and Murray has stood out the rest have not impressed me but it is still early.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, from moment when i started to watch NBA Lakers are in my heart!
They are far away from spot in league, where they should be(by name, size of club and tradition). But i know why and you who watch NBA know reasons for that..
For this season in my opinion GS will win championship. Last year "crown" slipped from they hands(ofc thanks to great James and rest of Cavs team).
For MVP at this point i see Curry (he is at his prime last two year).
Cheers!

16clumsyandshy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait to see how Cleveland plays this new GS team, but of course the playoffs are a totally different atmosphere. I am rooting for Cleveland, but can't say that they should be favored because of GS talent.

16clumsyandshy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also Iguodala has been declining a bit this season (I think), so they could miss his strength in the playoffs. They will have to go through two of SAS, LAC, Houston, maybe Utah.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its golden state that's going to win.They are the best

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
San Antonio is still playing great, but you gotta love Cleveland and Golden State if both stay healthy,

Y

yulen100

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
golden state warriors

GSW are the favorite, but i still love Cleveland Cavaliers. I think that this year's playoffs will be breathtaking.

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Cleveland Cavaliers can win

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like the Warriors will lose more than 10 games. perhaps.

P

paulsmart

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cleveland Cavaliers for the NBA championship and Westbrook for MVP season. LBJ for Finals MVP.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the game yesterday between the Cavs and Warriors, and all I can say is that is the matchup I'd love to see most in the NBA Finals. In my opinion, it's those two, along with San Antonio, and then everybody else is below. It was a great game. I think we won't see the Warriors at their absolute best this year because when you bring in a player of Durant's caliber, it's going to take some time to really best utilize the talent there.

As for the Cavs, as great as James is, the more I watch them, the more I see how valuable Kyree Irving is. If it wasn't for his clutch shotmaking in Game 7 last year, the Warriors would have won. James cannot do it alone, and having Irving as a secondary threat, the Cavs have enough talent throughout the rest of the roster to be able to win the championship again. Irving plays with no fear and wants to take the shot in high pressure situations.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Cavs and Warriors Finals Rematch would be Awesome after yesterdays game. It was down to the wire. And KDs fail at the end was just hilarious. LOL

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cavaliers have the best shot if everyone stays healthy down the stretch golden state comes out of the west again

P

paulsmart

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched the game yesterday between the Cavs and Warriors, and all I can say is that is the matchup I'd love to see most in the NBA Finals. In my opinion, it's those two, along with San Antonio, and then everybody else is below. It was a great game. I think we won't see the Warriors at their absolute best this year because when you bring in a player of Durant's caliber, it's going to take some time to really best utilize the talent there.

As for the Cavs, as great as James is, the more I watch them, the more I see how valuable Kyree Irving is. If it wasn't for his clutch shotmaking in Game 7 last year, the Warriors would have won. James cannot do it alone, and having Irving as a secondary threat, the Cavs have enough talent throughout the rest of the roster to be able to win the championship again. Irving plays with no fear and wants to take the shot in high pressure situations.

Yes, I do agree with you. Good defense for Klay Thompson and better offense for Kyrie Irving.

The intensity of the match up yesterday is so high, it looks like one game in the NBA finals.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Raptors Demar Derozan is having a breakthrough year averaging more than 10 points more compared to last year but cant see the Raptors beating Cleveland in a best of seven game series. I predict Golden State wins it in six games vs Cleveland.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This All Star Weekend was pretty boring. The Dunk Contest was pretty lame as well.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This All Star Weekend was pretty boring. The Dunk Contest was pretty lame as well.

I wish they would try and play a little more defense. Scoring at will makes for a snoozer. I am not surprised the total score broke All-Star game record for points.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish they would try and play a little more defense. Scoring at will makes for a snoozer. I am not surprised the total score broke All-Star game record for points.

I agree. I want to see some competition for once.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boogie to The Pelicans. NBA Trade Deadline Tomorrow. I wonder what other big name is getting shipped.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yeah that was pretty cool. But that Dunk Contest was pretty Boring.
I thought so as well. I expected more, especially from Aaron Gordon

Boogie to The Pelicans. NBA Trade Deadline Tomorrow. I wonder what other big name is getting shipped.
Some interesting ones were:

Ibaka goes to Raptors and Bulls trade McDermott and Gibson to Thunder

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hope Westbrook wins the MVP, I don't care which team wins the Championship because it ain't gonna be OKC...