Nascar 2015 thread!

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all the NASCAR fans I will start a thread each week for each race prior to the race for those who want to talk about the event, even if I am not able to watch due to commitments on race day I will try and get a thread started and information on the race. Been an avid fan since 1992, love talking racing.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fight after the race last night was awesome and i agree go 48!

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daytona 500 thread is up leading into the Duels to determine the remaining starting order.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last year Jeff Gordon, go little buddy!
JeffGordonNEW-Gilligan.jpg

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait a minute, wait a minute.... That spectacle on Saturday night was qualifying? Wasn't there another 12 car qualifier? If so, when was that? Last year was my first time watching Nascar, much less being in a league. Now I'm in two, and they keep changing the rules. lol

Did anyone here join either of the 2 leagues I listed above? We seem to have a couple new people, but some change their team names a bit. hehe

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now the joke on Sunday was qualifying.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Hillbilly. Had no idea it was yesterday, so I missed it. Was stuck in the house all day too cuz of the cold. :mad: Yeah, just figured that out, watching a highlights show this morning. Starting off the year with a bunch of already-pissed off drivers. lol

Okay, well what is this then? http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/2015-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Budweiser-Duels - Thurs night at 7 - then race #2 at 8:30. okay, read it carefully. Only the 1st 2 spots are set Gordon and JJ. This is crazy.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the Daytona 500 qualifying has always been different in that only the front row is set during the actual speed qualifying (like what happened on Sunday). There will be 2 races on Thursday night that will set the lineup for the rest of the field. They're always exciting with guys trying to race their way to a start and park for around a $250K payday.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao start and park i love that phrase

I liked the old qualifying i thought it was fun to watch

I just thimk nascar needs to get back to its roots which is late model racing and they dont qualify like that locally and its still fun to watch and hear that raw horsepower

With that said if you guys have never been to a world of outlaws race youve never seen more raw horses, its almost scary

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since 2009 my husband and I have gone to the Martinsville race in late October. This was where I found my appreciation for the truck races. Now, THAT was/is racing and you know every year we go, I am never disappointed with the entertainment value. We now have 6 others who will regularly attend a Martinsville race mostly due to the trucks. Who knew!?!?

So, the last couple years the Eldora track in Ohio has hosted a Mudsummer Classic and given the track is pretty close to some friends of ours (would you believe I met them playing online poker?:)) we are making this visit a yearly event. Nothing like sideways racing and that young Kyle Larson sure is exciting to watch. Can we say 'No Fear'??

When goodhandluke, made the comment of needing to get back to their roots, made me think of the Eldora race and how a lot of the drivers just could not maneuver the dirt track. I always thought this is where a lot of drivers learned to drive...maybe they are all just a little rusty. :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I attended the 1st truck race at Eldora!! My nephew was working on Jeb Burtons truck at the time. He is now working on Kyle Larsons cars (but no longer goes to the tracks).

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol shelly i agree they should be at home in the dirt

But nowadays ppl are in a race car bc of their daddy not their skill cough austin dillon cough

bradfordzilla

bradfordzilla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Kenseth fan. My mom lives 45 minutes away from Talladega. So I normally hit up those races. Fun times.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Kenseth fan. My mom lives 45 minutes away from Talladega. So I normally hit up those races. Fun times.

My dad raced against Matt back in his early days up in WI, they got in a very heated disagreement once or twice, he's a good guy tho lol.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey!! Finally figured out who the new guy is in our Yahoo league, welcome!! Did you join the NASCAR.com league as well? If yes, what is your team name? That's a salary cap format, and different scoring, very intriguing. Our existing league at Yahoo just tried it this year, so it's new to all of us. Last year was my very 1st at NASCAR, so it's all new to me. And I won!!!! hahaha

Last nights Duel races were too crazy, didn't know what the heck was going on with that format. This Sunday should be a blast.

Oh, link to NASCAR.com league http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/entries/183629/leagues/i-cant-drive-55 - password is 'driven' (no apostrophes). It's not too late people, race is Sunday. You must create a nascar acct if you don't already have one of course.

Same for here... http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/register/joinprivategroup?GID=1838&P=race&stage=1 - pw = race You must be logged into a Yahoo acct

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I should post that I also run a fantasy league (my own rules, site, salaries, and scoring). It is a $$ league ($25 for 1st half season) and all $$s collected get paid out (I take ZERO for running the league). We started the league in 2006 so there wasn't a whole lot of fantasy NASCAR sites to choose from back then so I kind of just made my own. You can see it here: http://www.lflsports.com

If any of you are interested in playing please let me know via PM or email from the lfl site. We would love to have you.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rumors floating that NASCAR intends to suspend Kurt Busch due to his legal issues. If true Regan Smith is expected to take over the #41 car.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OFFICIAL: KURT BUSCH INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED BY NASCAR

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kurt Busch has left Daytona, after his appeal was denied.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kyle Busch was just taken to the infield care center during the Xfinity race in an ambulance with his right leg in an air cast.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kyle Busch will be out for an unknown amount of time.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not a Kyle Busch fan, but I do hope he is alright. That wreck sure was nasty.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Compound fracture is the rumor right now, source is reliable but said it was speculative...

CONFIRMED