goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nascar season will be starting up again soon

The daytona 500 is usually mid february

Any Nascar fans here on CC?

Whatd you think of last year? Predictions?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last year was very interesting with the new chase rules, would have been fitting for Ryan Newman to win. Cant begrudge Harvick the championship though.

I expect Kyle Larson to have a huge season.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been watching since I was 5, back in 1992 the season finale was the first race I'd ever watched.

Last year was pretty good, hoping the changes they made over the off season will give the cars behind the leader that advantage like back in the mid 90's. We'll see. I think your going to see the same type of season you'd expect from the usual guys, but I think as determined as Jeff Gordon was last year, I think he's going to go at it that much harder.

Prediction Kyle Larson wins his first Cup race (probably a 2 or 3,) Austin Dillon continues to be a non factor, Jeff Gordon makes another big run at it and if he can avoid the couple mistakes he made at Texas wins the title and retires on top.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been rooting for Larson all last year

Im hoping gordon wins it all this year i swear he got cheated

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gordon made the mistake at Texas to try and force the win, when he could have left the 2 and 48 decide it and finished top 5. This is coming from a Gordon fan, he was playing the game he thought he had to play since this was the first time they used that system.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few more weeks fellas :)

Always get pumped for the Daytona 5 hunnerd'

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I get to start a bit early. Will be in AC for the indoor TQ races at Boardwalk Hall at the end of the month!!

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great! Can someone please let me know if this works?? http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/register/joinprivategroup?GID=1838&P=race&stage=1
password = race

Oh, you must be logged into a Yahoo acct. There were 12 in this league least year, mostly from my football forum. It was my 1st time ever, never even knew what NASCAR was - and I won!! :D Made sure I didn't run out of anybody. Anyway, it's not like fantasy football, so the more the merrier. Not necessary, but if you would, please just say 'hi' in the message area, and mention that you're a CCer.

There were a lot of new format rules last year, impacting the Chase. It was a failure IMO, looking at who made it and who missed. Can't wait for it all to get underway. Guessing Larson will be a 'B' lister, eh?

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but the huge news of the day is Jeff Gordon, #24, planning to call it quits in the near future making 2015 his last full season behind the wheel. I'm not sure he'll actually follow through with this. Mark Martin and others have retired or semi-retired only to return to full time duty.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that anyone here is but this is what I posted on Facebook today in response to idiots on my local sports networks Facebook. (Little back story I grew up in New England, (Attleboro, MA) where the population for the most part thinks NASCAR is a joke. I have lived in North Carolina, and worked in the pits, met Jeff and many other drivers, worked side by side with a few of them. First race I ever watched was his first Richard Petty's last in 1992, and I picked the new guy to be my favorite at that time, and while I am a fan of all driver's as long as they aren't being complete idiots, as Kyle Busch had been for a while before this last year finally seamed to humble him a bit, Jeff was always my #1, not just for his ability behind the wheel but in meeting and learning just what kind of man he is, his contributions to his communities, are far and away so much greater than his success in racing, which is a great deal!)

Jeff Gordon will forever be known as one of the greatest to ever wheel a stock car, his accomplishments on the race track, and off will be celebrated for many years. All the ignorant people who have no clue about NASCAR can continue to use the same garbage lines we've all heard over and over again, we don't care. All the men and women who put blood sweat and tears into building these machines and getting them race ready don't give two shit's about your opinion.

This form of racing is it's own animal, ask Juan Pablo Montoya how easy NASCAR is 2 wins in more years than he raced Formula 1 where he has 7, for those saying Formula 1 is real racing. It's just a different form of racing, no harder no tougher than NASCAR, it is it's own animal.

We will celebrate the career of a legend while you all continue to be ignorant. Enjoy your little world you live in where something you think you grasp because driving a street car makes you grasp what it's like to drive a race car. Just like when I go throw a football in the backyard, doesn't make me understand what it's like to be an NFL QB, or an NFL WR, you don't have a damn clue how much hard work and the skill level it takes to accomplish everything this man, and everyone who has ever worked for his #24 team has. Same as any other legend of NASCAR. It is it's own discipline, and only a handful of people in the world can be successful at it, and only a few can be as successful as a Jeff Gordon.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my time of watching the sport from the age of 5 til current (27) I have witnessed only a few drivers who could be in that top echelon, Dale Earnhardt (mostly from knowledge of his history as his most success came before I started watching (last race of 1992 season,) Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart (Combined NASCAR and other an amazing talent). While I've watched hundreds of drivers come and go, and some who have been successful but wouldn't consider them in the same level as the above, while some are still writing their stories. There's obviously a ton of guys from years before who were amazing, I've read the stories never witnessed any of it though. I'll get down to Charlotte to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and get to learn more about them someday, along with all the other stories I've read or been told.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deffinitely sad to hear about jeff

He IS nascar.

And what i mean by that is he epitomizes what nascar is all about

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how many are familiar with the Jayski website, but it is a great source if you are a NASCAR fan on anything rumor mill related usually pretty accurate.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, did anyone here possibly sign up to the Yahoo league I mentioned above as 'crabs/bradfordzilla'? Or recognize who that might be? Just trying to identify a new member. We are starting another league on the NASCAR.com site too. Info soon.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love jayski, they catalog all the paint schemes

And sorry i dont really have time :/

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you guys been keeping up with the whole kurt busch tirade?

Supposedly he said his ex ef is a professional assassin and she kills people for a living. He also said he has seen her covered in someone elses blood and has pictures of people she killed.

Now he said this under oath... It is a fact though that his ex gf is a millionaire and owns a defense company which I am not sure what they do but it deals with weapons im sure.

She says that kurt is an alcoholic and made this all up out of some movie script that she is writing.

I dont know whose side I believe but either way they are both nuts.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's crazy, shes crazy, I think Kurt has issues, have thought this for a very long time.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A brand new league. We still have the one at Yahoo, but the one at Nascar.com looks very interesting, different rules and scoring. We have 5 so far I think, expecting a few more. All are welcome. We don't care if you participate much, it's not like fantasy football in that regard.

http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/entries/183629/leagues/i-cant-drive-55

You do need a Nascar account. That link might get you to some main page, but you can see the league ID (183629) - the password is 'driven' (no apostrophes) - I believe the 1st race is next Sunday. Not a minute too soon, with the football drought upon us.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This qualifying format is a mess at the Super Speedways, that first segment was embarrassing.

Shempstir

Shempstir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:dito:Just saw this Thread and switch to Fox and this qualifying sucks, but if it pisses off :hahaha: Kurt Bush :bike: there might be something in it.
:rock: :party:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this qualifying format is ridiculous.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this format at the non plate tracks, it is entertaining, but at the plate tracks it's just an accident waiting to happen. Rule should be get on track get up to speed once the first car touches the start finish line that starts the clock then once the last lap is complete you can slow down.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#24 Jeff Gordon and #48 Jimmie Johnson locked in 1st and 2nd starting spots for the Daytona 500, Duels on Thursday to determine the field.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Isn't that awesome!!! I'm a HUGE JJ fan, btw. :)