Chips
I agree, Michael Jordan was a amazing player and a fascinated athlete

M

Maacus80

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this and said no. Bill Russell was the best ever. The Championships, dominating Game 7s with his defense and rebounds, it was crazy. You people think highly of points but Russell was pulling down 30, 40+ rebounds a game doing something you couldn't even imagine. I just lost money on the Nets yesterday because Tatum scored 50+ points but Russell would have shut something like that down or at least reduced the damage. And not to mention all the prejudice that those folks had to endure as well back then as well is also something to think about.

Jordan was a scorer that played awesome games with lots of memorable moments and was huge for his time but this Lebron fella is way better. Lebron can play both sides of the ball and took a nobody team like the Cavs vs Golden State and basically beat them by HIMSELF for a championship. Jordan could never do that and Jordan's defense was nowhere as good as James. Jordan needed a Hall of Fame group of supporting cast to get to a championship.
I thought you were dropping knowledge with the Bill Russell and should have stopped there. You can love Lebron but saying Kyrie and Kevin Love were nobodies? Kyrie was best ball handler in the league and put up 30ppg in that finals so hard to say that it didn't help. Remember when Jordan played you had to throw several punches to get a technical. Lebron probably still would have been great but couldn't do his crab walk (travel) and flop around like a fish to get fouls.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, he is the best in basketball history. As is Maradona in soccer or as a federer in tennis.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's no way I can change your mind, because it's the purest truth, Jordan is the GOAT.