Lampard sacked?

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just to elaborate on my last post, when I said "former very sucessful player" i meant as in already being a legend at the club he's now managing. The affection the fans and maybe even some people in the board room have for him might make it more difficult to dismiss him

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO its pretty sure that next Chelsea coach will be Tuchel. German coach for german flops. Lampard cant unlock Havertz/Werner so maybe Tuchel will.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is obvious that Lampard experience a lot of difficulties to manage this team. I have doubts that he can do something else to change the current situation with the club. His disappointment on the face every match in the beginning publish vulnerability. Also every match he is starting with different 11 players, which means from the start of the season he still don't know who are his 11 starting players. Formation is wrong as well and super strange players make the starting line up in front of others shows that he is not sure what he wants. Totally confused and powerless is that man and I am very very sad for him, because he does not deserve that, but these are the realities. I am not sure that if the staff gives him more time he can use it, from 2 months this club is playing very badly and every match is absolutely the same. These are around 10-15 matches without a light in the tunnel.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this happened. unfortunately for Lampard and his personal fans, but I think it's better for the club. the middle of the English Championship and there is still a chance to correct the tournament situation and get to the top 4 according to the results.
and the way the team looks right now makes Atletico a clear favorite. and so the new coach may "shake up" Chelsea and the chances of winning Atlético will appear.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not enough for former players to become great coaches! So Frank Lampard is no exception ...

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The logic thing happened today officially. I am sad but this decision is the right one from the board. It was very visible that this legend can not turned around the current club situation and Chelsea football club can not be in that position at the moment and there must be a change.

Many people criticized the board decisions that they have never given a needed time for a manager at this club, but the circumstances are these - this club is a business as any other in the world and when there are no results for a long time and the team is not near the leaders with a lot of money spending in the transfer window in the summer, the losses will be not a small amount. There is not going to be a good profit and the board are trying to save the season with a new manager who can limited the losses. Chelsea are still in the Champions League and FA, in the Premier league the team must focus on top 4, although the team is 11 points from the first place with 19 matches remaining. It will be very interesting to see what Thomas Tuchel will do in this competition.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Lampard as a Chelsea player had seen enough managers come and go to know that Abromovich wouldn't hesitate if the results dried up and they did.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was surprised by this dismissal of Lampard. Chelsea's management gave him very little time to work, for me it was an extremely hasty decision.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chelsea spent 200m to win. He needed to be top 4 at the midway point. Too many of his new players are not meeting expectations. Can't dump them, so the manager gets sacked. Tough business.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Roman wants results here and now

G

GuTs16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they did sack Lamps -____- Tuchel coming in...