Lampard sacked?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will Frank Lampard be sacked as a manager of Chelsea if the negative results continue or the staff will give him a chance and more time to build his new team in the next years ?

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe that will happen. At least until the end of next season, I don't see any risk of that happening. It would be absurd.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes. will be fired if they play poorly against Atlético in the Champions League, that is, Atlético will confidently beat them. and in the championship they will not go to the top 4.
Chelsea can afford to find a strong and experienced coach and even acquire new players for him, but it cannot stay out of the Champions League - this is financial and personal losses.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the staff will give Lampard a chance until the end of the season, unless something dramatically happen during the season. Champions league qualification is the most important thing for the club, which generates a lot of money and for that reason the club is on profit from the last calendar season 2019/2020.

I think that the main problem for Lampard is that he is still not experienced and when the match is not going well, he does not know what to do and how to overcome the difficulties of his team. I can not remember any match of Chelsea when they made a brilliant comeback or win a match when they were the weaker team. Lampard tactics are usually not good. Also, he has 3-4 players, which he adore them and whenever their form they are always or at least usually in the starting line ups for other ones who deserve a starting spot in the squad. Last but not least, Timo Werner played around 15 matches on the wing and Lampard continue to put him there, despite the fact he was awful there and finally stop to put him from the last match.

Lampard is still manager of Chelsea because of the fact he was a perfect player at the club before and from loyalty will be very disappointed if they sack him now for the small time with this completely new squad. But the results are very very bad and he must do something very fast, because we all know what would have happened now if Chelsea have had another manager.:D

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In conclusion, it can easily happen from previous years. As a Chelsea fan, I wouldn’t be very happy for him. It would be time to give time and patience to a manager!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After todays horror performance, it will be surprise if that will be not his last match for the club, unfortunately. Hope the board will give him a chance until the end of the season, but that seems to be impossible.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if Chelsea don't qualify for the Europa League at least and are eliminated in the Champions League in the round of 16, Lampard could be fired, yes.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After spending 200 millions ,he still doesn't know what the best formation is.
To his defense,the 2 Germans that he bought have been struggling for a while and Zyech has been injured.
But still,he should have done much better.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
He should stay until the end of the season.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He should stay until the end of the season.

For me, too, regardless of the results and if the next season the situation continue to not to be satisfied, he must be sacked as a lot of time, transfer and other thins would have been given to him and there were not going to be excuses and will show that he can not give more to this club and there is going to be a replacement at the club.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last season when they were under a transfer embargo and they had to blood the youngsters, they seemed to have a better essence and the results were better too.
Sometimes that happens - when new players come in, even though it's a bigger and technically better squad, the spirit, cohesion, continuity etc just isn't the same

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will be until the end of the season, but if it continues with the negative results they will throw it away

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last season when they were under a transfer embargo and they had to blood the youngsters, they seemed to have a better essence and the results were better too.
Sometimes that happens - when new players come in, even though it's a bigger and technically better squad, the spirit, cohesion, continuity etc just isn't the same

Time and patience... there is no other way. More than 6 new players almost all of them in the starting line up. It is viewed that there are not worked well. Many said that the main reason is the coach Lampard. Yes, that is one of them, but I think if he receives a lot of time the results can be better. Not sure about trophy, but will see.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
10/3 now for Lampard to go next. Reasonable odds, worth a bet. He is all at sea and hasn't found a system that works for Chelsea. Ambromovich isn't known for his patience!

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Time and patience... there is no other way. More than 6 new players almost all of them in the starting line up. It is viewed that there are not worked well. Many said that the main reason is the coach Lampard. Yes, that is one of them, but I think if he receives a lot of time the results can be better. Not sure about trophy, but will see.

Funnily enough i saw an interview recently when Alex Ferguson's talking about the season when he nearly got sacked (before it all came good for Man Utd) and he talked about how he signed 4 new players that summer and he wouldn't be doing that again as it was too much upheaval to the team. (bear in mind in 1989 it wasn't a squad game, you could only name 2 or maybe even only 1 substitute, so signing 4 outfield players then would probably be like signing 6 or 7 now).
It all came good for him - but every time someone's advocating giving the manager more time, that example is always used!

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to look at history. The owner is not known for patience. Last season with a transfer embargo was different. A lot of money has been spent this season and they appear to be standing still. I can see him getting sacked very soon.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to look at history. The owner is not known for patience. Last season with a transfer embargo was different. A lot of money has been spent this season and they appear to be standing still. I can see him getting sacked very soon.
Can agree with most of the arguments, but on the other hand I think they will give him a chance at least until the matches in the Champions League or until the end of the season due to the fact at the moment there is no very good coach available to get the job at Chelsea. If there was, I think Lampard would have been sacked.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just think only a few weeks ago there was speculation that Solskjaer would be replacedby Pochitino (if i've spelt either of those names right i'll be stunned!).
Now his team are top of the league and he's looking untouchable

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just think only a few weeks ago there was speculation that Solskjaer would be replacedby Pochitino (if i've spelt either of those names right i'll be stunned!).
Now his team are top of the league and he's looking untouchable

Good argument. The Premier League this season is so equaled that there is no need for faster decisions. After first 8 game weeks United were on 15th place, 10 game weeks later 3 points clear on first place. Same can be done with Chelsea if they play well in the next 5,6 matches.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a long time, they certainly won't forgive him for defeats.:joyman:

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely have former players come out of the ingenious coaches of Yehan Cruyff, do not take into account!

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think being a former very sucessful player buys him time though. Similar to Solsjaer, who I've already mentioned. And the late Howard Kendall even said in his autobiography that had it not been for his success and popularity at Everton from his playing days, he doubts if he'd have been given as much time as he was to get it right.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the clouds are gathering more and more over Lampard. maybe Chelsea will change coaches before facing Atlético in the Champions League, because everything is bad in the championship.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion he was a better footballplayer than a coach. Anyway i don't like Chelsea so who cares.