Kawhi Leonard trade to Lakers?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron, Paul George, and Kawhi on same team?!!

That would be crazy

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
First piece is about to fall in place. Kawhi ask out of Spurs he has said he prefer to go to Lakers.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been what i thought would happen, I'm not sure how I feel about George though, not combined with them. Can't anthony davis opt out after next season? Maybe get George until then, then go for davis? That would be murderous.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that note though... quad injuries for a heavy agility player... think kawhi will be the same? Prone to injury like cp3 after a long season? It's literally the worst injury a player of his style could get. Quads just don't like to heal back to their former state.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lebron, Paul George, and Kawhi on same team?!!

That would be crazy

I wouldn't be surprise if that happened.

The mystery is who team can assemble that trio?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that note though... quad injuries for a heavy agility player... think kawhi will be the same? Prone to injury like cp3 after a long season? It's literally the worst injury a player of his style could get. Quads just don't like to heal back to their former state.

Good point, I'm very curious how healthy he actually is.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All that perimeter defending... all the cutting and screens that requires, those sharp jerky movements. Whoever gets him would be smart to make sure he is 100 percent before even putting him in practice. He has another 8 plus good years left but he could easily turn into someone who's in street cloths more often than a jersey during the games.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kawaii from Hawaii

Hopefully, the Denver Nuggets pick him up. We need Millsap gone though (I think) to have enough salary space. DENVER NEEDS A SF. If we can do that then we will be a serious threat in the wild wild western conference.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way he is going to denver. I think he pretty much is secured in to going to la.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way he is going to denver. I think he pretty much is secured in to going to la.

I think LA but it may become a Paul George situation where LA can't give the Spurs what they want.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still don't see Denver being in the mix. He wants a big market. La, ny, Miami maybe. Weird because it doesn't seem his personality type. I think la will work it out with the spurs though. Picks probably, it's time to rebuild in sa as it is. That makes sense right?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still don't see Denver being in the mix. He wants a big market. La, ny, Miami maybe. Weird because it doesn't seem his personality type. I think la will work it out with the spurs though. Picks probably, it's time to rebuild in sa as it is. That makes sense right?

I think he doesn't trust the Spurs anymore. The whole organization threw him under the bus last year.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe that's just all he needed to go where he always wanted to be (I assume, since la is his home town). It's all aligned timing wise for him to be able to go home on his terms. It's a win win for la too, a hometown superstar.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think lebron, kawhi and chris paul would be even better. need a pg to make curry defend.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea lebron would make prety much any team a lot better.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All 3 of them can run the point. Lbj, kwahi, and george. I'd have lbj run it and George and Paul be shooting guards. They need a center way more than a pg. That's why davis next year is intriguing to me.
i think lebron, kawhi and chris paul would be even better. need a pg to make curry defend.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Nah it's the next summer (2020) he can opt out. He has 2+1 years remaining on current contract.

He can however sign a super max extension with Pels next summer though. Super max is 35% of projected cap, If you are wondering what the figures will look like if he stays with Pels see below a lot of dough don't know if he will leave Pels and leave behind that kind of money.

bc820d3a00c23f3b843aef484fb71705.png

This has been what i thought would happen, I'm not sure how I feel about George though, not combined with them. Can't anthony davis opt out after next season? Maybe get George until then, then go for davis? That would be murderous.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah, I saw something that made me think he can opt next year. Was a article from 2016 and said 4 years, 3 opt. That could have been extended from his previous though. Guess that theory is out of the window.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

I don't want to see the Lakers become a good team. I have really been enjoying watching them struggle these past years.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rudy opted out today... guess he knows to get off that ship before it sinks.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha. I did too, especially kobes last few years. I disliked him quite a bit. And now ball, don't like him one but either.

I don't want to see the Lakers become a good team. I have really been enjoying watching them struggle these past years.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spurs refused to talk to the Lakers about kwahi today. Wonder what kind of wrench that throws into everything

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spurs refused to talk to the Lakers about kwahi today. Wonder what kind of wrench that throws into everything

If I'm the Spurs I do everything in my power to convince him to stay first, there's no was younge finding a comparable player to him, as long as Kawhi is fully healthy.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to late for him to to stay. I think he just wants out, doesn't matter if they built a amazing team around him or not. Hes just done there. That's probably why they spurned the lakers. Kinda being like babies and saying they can't play with their toys.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kawhi will never be the same if he leaves the spurs. He will be just like isaiah thomas going to the wrong team.