Kawhi Leonard being traded to Toronto!!

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well they weren't really attracting free agents before... So that part hasn't changed lol

DeRozan is overrated, Toronto was much better overall with him on the bench the last 5 years, with him on the floor they were +0.5 pts better on offense but -3.2 on defense, he will be 29 in a few weeks, SA got a bad deal.

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like the Spurs get more out of this trade at the end of the day. They win this trade. Raptors give up a pick and will probably only get Kawhi for a year. Even if they dump Derozan's contract it doesn't seem very smart. Might as well have had Derozan play out his contract. Raptors GM must have hated Derozan to do this.

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DeRozan is overrated, Toronto was much better overall with him on the bench the last 5 years, with him on the floor they were +0.5 pts better on offense but -3.2 on defense, he will be 29 in a few weeks, SA got a bad deal.

How is it a bad deal? Toronto got basically nothing. And gave away a solid young big man, A future first round pick, and Derozan who at least was loyal to Toronto. Now you get a player who may leave halfway through the season and will definitely not stay longer then a year. So basically you just get Danny Green. Spurs won this trade. Derozan can't shoot 3's at all which is bad and isn't the best defensively even though he should be looking at his athleticism. Still I think Raptors lost cause they get basically nothing back! It will sell tickets though.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree if kwahi is there for the whole season. If that's the case then the spurs got the better deal by far. If they can unload kwahi via trade though, like i said further up in the topic, they could probably get over value from him. In that case they got the better trade by far. Toronto just kinda traded positions with San Antonio really, and they would be wise to do the same and trade him before he can walk away.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious as to if it will sell tickets... they snaked the face of their team, who was loyal, and fans appreciate that. I want to see how the fans there react when the season starts. I'm thinking they might take a hit in attendance early on and unless the team way over performs, I could see it continuing through the season.
How is it a bad deal? Toronto got basically nothing. And gave away a solid young big man, A future first round pick, and Derozan who at least was loyal to Toronto. Now you get a player who may leave halfway through the season and will definitely not stay longer then a year. So basically you just get Danny Green. Spurs won this trade. Derozan can't shoot 3's at all which is bad and isn't the best defensively even though he should be looking at his athleticism. Still I think Raptors lost cause they get basically nothing back! It will sell tickets though.

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious as to if it will sell tickets... they snaked the face of their team, who was loyal, and fans appreciate that. I want to see how the fans there react when the season starts. I'm thinking they might take a hit in attendance early on and unless the team way over performs, I could see it continuing through the season.

Raptors had a 100.2% attendance I am not even sure how that is possible, they were #4 in attendance. Mavs were 103.1% in attendance. Can anyone explain how it is possible to be over 100% in attendance? Do they not follow capacity laws or something?

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They probably only count base seats for attendance. So luxury boxes, and some kind of standing room only probably counts above the 100. Just a guess though.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They probably only count base seats for attendance. So luxury boxes, and some kind of standing room only probably counts above the 100. Just a guess though.
Maybe it is related to the players who give 110% effort! LOL

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

SA needed young assets or picks, the worst place to be in the NBA is the middle of the pack, that team inst good enough to win a championship not to mention that it is a old team but also they are not gonna miss the playoffs anytime soon, so no lottery picks.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raptors should trade leonard to lakers to join lebron james... But leonard health is still the factor.

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raptors should trade leonard to lakers to join lebron james... But leonard health is still the factor.

Why would the lakers want to trade for him when they can get him for nothing except signing him next year. Raptors probably wouldn't want to trade him for nothing. The only trade that would work cap wise is trading a big piece for the Lakers which they wouldn't and shouldn't do.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would the lakers want to trade for him when they can get him for nothing except signing him next year. Raptors probably wouldn't want to trade him for nothing. The only trade that would work cap wise is trading a big piece for the Lakers which they wouldn't and shouldn't do.

The Paul George factor is one reason why.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he will be traded to a contender at the allstar break he doesnt want to be in tor

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't trust Kawhi. Not sure if he is ever going to be as good as he was before his injury. I question his will to win. I feel like his success has undermined his drive to play and win.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't trust Kawhi. Not sure if he is ever going to be as good as he was before his injury. I question his will to win. I feel like his success has undermined his drive to play and win.

The whole situation was so surreal. I really think Kawhi got his feelings hurt, and that's what caused the breakup.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The spurs got a better deal, getting a legit superstar plus more, in exchange for kawhi whom toronto could not be sure if they can keep him after a year.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kawhi sent a thank you letter today

I wonder just how thankful Spurs fans are to receive that after that very un-spurs like drama.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm Toronto I wouldn't have done this because they aren't in a position to take a shot at a championship and they are very unlikely to sign Kawhi after this season. They could have just kept Derozan who was loyal and who the city loved. Instead most likely after this season they will just be left with Lowry.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm Toronto I wouldn't have done this because they aren't in a position to take a shot at a championship and they are very unlikely to sign Kawhi after this season. They could have just kept Derozan who was loyal and who the city loved. Instead most likely after this season they will just be left with Lowry.

You have to be in it to win it.

The fact of the matter is that with Kawhi it definitely gives Toronto their absolute best chance at a title is he's healthy

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great trade! :D We want a Championship and Derozen wasn't getting it done in the play-offs,so you have to make a change,,,simple as that.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should have gotten him help instead of trading him. And unless you guys trade kwahi, you're getting nothing back. Was a terrible trade if kwahi walks away at the end of the coming season.