Greatest NBA player ever

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is the greatest NBA player ever. Is it Michael Jordan or is it LeBron James. Or could it be another such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. My pick is Michael Jordan ! What is yours.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Who is the greatest NBA player ever. Is it Michael Jordan or is it LeBron James. Or could it be another such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. My pick is Michael Jordan ! What is yours.
In my opinion, Michael Jordan, who came close to him for me was Kobe Bryant, the older players did not accompany

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the GOAT of all time is.. Wilt Chamberlain. The man averaged 50 points a game during a season.. In his later years he was asked to score less and ended up leading the league in assists for a year.. The stories told about him are unreal.. For a man playing his position one amazing stat was he never fouled out of a game.. ever. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he was the strongest man he'd ever known.. He told stories about how much weight Wilt would work with while filming Conan the Barbarian.

He was such an iron man that in a season he averaged 48.5 minutes a game.. when the games lasted only 48 minutes. He never sat out.. and adding OT times to his minutes put him at that average. There are still old films about him on youtube.. watch how fast he was in transition in his earlier days.. unbelievable.

Track and field.. volleyball.. he did it all.

I just have to say... research him.. watch old footage.. listen to interviews of the stars he played against. There will never be another like him.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even Michael agrees with me!

The goat is Bill Russell. The reason, he beat Wilt Chamberlain playing at the same position. Jordan did not have to beat another Jordan. Lebron no other Lebron

Read this article:

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/08/02/michael-jordan-confirms-bill-russell-is-the-real-goat/

Enjoy.:wavey:

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you look at everything from how they play, championships, merchandising, impact on the history of the sport Jordan is without a doubt the best player.

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not fond of basketball, but when I admired Michael Jordan

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Jordan by far. He also played in a tougher league. In the 90's you got hit for coming in the paint. There's different rules now makes the game weaker. Also he was the complete package. Could steal the ball on one end and didn't have to score on the other end. In the finals he passed many game winning shots to teammates. Like John Paxson and Steve Kerr. THE GOAT! by a long shot. Good Luck! [emoji812]️

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't have the opportunity to watch Kareem, Magic J, M. Jordan, Larry Bird or Bill Russel. But i could follow Kobe, Lebron and Iverson (i know he didn't win nothing but still it was magical see the way he played), but i just love the way Lebron plays, and he is the best THAT I SAW playing.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lebron isn't even a top 5 player of all time. Lacks the motivation and killer instinct that the greats have.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its michael jordan i think but lebron is the greatest phyiscal beast of all time

C

cuseNcows

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan. Hard to compare players from different eras though

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron James totally destroyed the Lakers.
You can read about it on almost every forum.
He wanted to trade kis own teammates when the Pelicans trolled with Anthony Davis, so they didnt play no more like before, and they lost the playoffs. James is a selfish player thinking he is the best.

I would say Jordan, but i dont know what would he can do now against theese players.

My personal fav player is Curry..( for threeeee)

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goat is Bill Russell. The reason, he beat Wilt Chamberlain playing at the same position. Jordan did not have to beat another Jordan. Lebron no other Lebron

Read this article:

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/08/02/michael-jordan-confirms-bill-russell-is-the-real-goat/

Enjoy.:wavey:

The difference between Chamberlain and Russell.. supporting cast. Compare their stats... not even close. Both over 22 Rebounds a game.. 4 assists a game. Points per game? Chamberlain doubled Russell's.. 30.1 vs 15.1 per game.

I wish blocks had been a stat back then.. I'm sure both men would have had monsterous numbers.

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Jordan will be always the G.O.A.T

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michel Jordan broke Rodos schemes. And he play well and made good publicity

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wilt talking to Jordan “Just remember Michael. When you played, they changed the rules to make it easier for you to dominate. When I played, they changed the rules to make it harder for me”

Rule Changes:

Wilt Chamberlain:
  • Shooters cannot cross the free throw line while during free throws (Wilt would throw it against the backboard for dunks)
  • Lane widened from 12 feet to 16 feet
  • Offensive interference/goaltending
  • Ball cannot be inbounded over the backboard (Inbounders standing underneath the basket would routinely lob the ball over the backboard for Wilt)
Michael Jordan:
  • Illegal Offense (clear out isolation on one side of the court)
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
During his prime, Wilt Chamberlain averaged 38.8 points and 24.5 rebounds per game over an eight year time span. During his record season in 1961-62, he averaged a ridiculous 50.4 points and 25.7 rebounds per game. Back then, they didn’t keep track of blocks as a stat, but according to RealGM, Chamberlain averaged 8.8 blocks per game in the 112 full games of existing footage.

**IF Jordan is the GOAT, Chamberlain easily is the most dominant player to ever play the game Russell on the other hand, is the greatest champion in history.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goats need championships.

The difference between Chamberlain and Russell.. supporting cast. Compare their stats... not even close. Both over 22 Rebounds a game.. 4 assists a game. Points per game? Chamberlain doubled Russell's.. 30.1 vs 15.1 per game.

I wish blocks had been a stat back then.. I'm sure both men would have had monsterous numbers.

Thanks for sharing.
Your points are 100% correct. In the argument over who is the goat everyone thinks championships matter.
That eliminates one of the greatest of all time. Wilt Chamberlain.

So I am comparing Russell and Jordan.
Jordan had no Jordan at his position. Russell had to overcome Wilt.
Jordan had a supporting cast, so did Russell.

I have Jordan on my side, he says Russell is the goat.

Thanks for posting.:):)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
?

That is a tough question. I don't think it can be correctly answered.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In my opinion, Michael Jordan, who came close to him for me was Kobe Bryant, the older players did not accompany

I agree 100% with this . But Michael Jordan is the best of all , he is a legend :)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's MJ and it is really not close. No one has ever had the kinda drive and determination to win as Jordan. Jordan played all aspects of the game very hard, not just offense like today's NBA players.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is, of course, Michael Jordan. Michael became 6 times the champion of NBA and 2 times won the Olympic Games. To list all its achievement will take a lot of time, it is possible to count on fingers those awards of which Jordan does not have in a collection. Michael was not able to lose, he gave all himself on the platform each match at the same time doing an improbable show. This player extolled basketball on absolutely other level, having made for promoting of this team game, perhaps, most on light, and it with interest paid back it. On Forbes rating Michael Jordan is the highest paid athlete for all story with a state more than one billion dollars. It is possible to tell with confidence that such players as Michael Jordan are born time in one thousand years and we were incredibly lucky to watch this ingenious athlete.