Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
germany are eliminated from the world cup
They have been eliminated from the group stages after almost 84 years!
And didn't even get 3rd place & finished blow South Korea

I'm a german fan myself but I really don't feel sad about this cause they've been playing so bad throughout the World cup and even going back to the 2016 Euros

They really lack intensity, speed & creativity in the final 3rd.
But with so many creative midfielders in the team it's very hard to believe how much they've struggled in the cup.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Lol, yeah. Luckily, I didn't went home earlier from work to watch this desaster, like many of my colleagues. I just saw the second half in gym and my friend said to me: "Even when they go further this round, they will be out in next like they play." Bye, bye, see you next time, maybe. :ciao:

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's called ... overconfidence, and underestimating the rival

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea pretty shocking - nobody would have predicted this in advance.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That's called ... overconfidence, and underestimating the rival
True, true, as we say here pride goes before a fall.
Yea pretty shocking - nobody would have predicted this in advance.

Honestly, somehow I was expecting this after the last 2 games. They was somehow completely lost against mexico and against sweden they also just got lucky in last minutes.
There was also already missing the creativity, like Alucard said.

maik357

maik357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really hard to understand that the Germans win first place in their league and lose to Mexico and South Korea. Guess in the world league that have to pimp up their style !!! :mad:

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As I see Timo Werner costs 60m according to Transfermarkt.....? I take it as a joke......

Anyway, it's probably the weakest Germany, as far as it concerns the squad, of the last 30 years. I remember legendary players like Jürgen Klinsmann, Sammer, Oliver Bierhoff, Klose, the Aunt Kathe, etc.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Germans simply do not want to play and live on Russian soil)))

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Sad, It cost me some $$$ since i bet for germany 75% of my bankroll, I guess I will need to start from 0.00 :mad:

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than deserved. They were not playing well. Lucky for them they will not be thrashed by brazil hahaha

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huge surprise! The German National Team played very poorly throughout the World Championship. After winning over Sweden, i think no one would have thought that they were so weak football against South Korea.
But do not even score a goal?
I'm sure the federal captain will leave!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow surprised thought they would have got through the group tough game the world cup.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
36287649_2076536212666919_3698993777126408192_n.jpg

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Been very enjoyable world cup on social media with all the memes

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I think it will be good for the Cup. The favorite is out and now I think the Cup will be even more exciting to watch.

cocojambo

cocojambo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad, It cost me some $$$ since i bet for germany 75% of my Bankroll, I guess I will need to start from 0.00 :mad:
I lost 30$ in a triplo bet =Brazil win,Germany win and Sweden win.Germany unfortunaly lost and me too.Korea played very well.Congrats to Korea.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I wish my bet would have been 30, I lost a lot more, but anyways, it taeches a lesson about Sports gambling. :(

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stable Germans went home, the Koreans did not show any mercy. Everything becomes even more interesting

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a little in a state of shock, the fact that the German team did not go further!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For fans full fiasco its team, the case.I feel sorry...

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Team Germany showed not very good football, and unfortunately leave the championship. What other surprises will the championship bring?:hmmmm2::dontknow:

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very weak Germany anyway failed to give meaning to attack. On the one hand I wonder how can a player like Sanne be left out of the squad, looked reserves have no option as nego.A and tradition lasts 5 years in 4 times the last champion can not pass the group stage to the next tournament :D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Very weak Germany anyway failed to give meaning to attack. On the one hand I wonder how can a player like Sanne be left out of the squad, looked reserves have no option as nego.A and tradition lasts 5 years in 4 times the last champion can not pass the group stage to the next tournament :D

Germany isn't small nation btw. That's why they CAN leave out players who do nothing with 10+ games for the national team just like Sane :rolleyes:

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well yeah, kinda shocking to see them out so early. Especially after they owned every team at qualifiers, but since test game they played totally rubbish. But you know there are can be many reasons for that to explain.
1) It's not a first time already, that ex-Champions dropping out in the Group Phase. It happened to Italy and Spain already exactly the same way before. I think the main reason for that is, when you already have been on the top 4 years ago, you are not so ambitious for the next time anymore. It's in a human nature.
2) Most of the players of the German team meanwhile are pretty old for Football, the most of them are close to 30. It's sensitive difference to 4 years younger team at 2014.
3) Short before WC there been a huge scandal around stupid Twitter Fotos made by two players of German National Team Mesut Özil und Ilkay Gündogan, who made this Foto below and then brought it to the public. It brought a terrific dissonance from society and fans and hammered hard on morality of the whole Team, who has nothing to do with this. Even Manuel Neuer wrote in his Twitter those time "All this Story and dirty comments from society are really burden for the whole team, which they need least of all at this moment." I think it was really stupid and ugly doing that especially short before WC starts. First of all it's known that absolutely the most (intelligent) population of Germany think that a big part of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's politic is really bad for his country and for people. Some of even calling him a dictator. It's also known, that a biggest part of population with foreign background are coming from Turkey. And there is another problem, that some part of them are supporting mr. Erdoğan, which often brings conflict inside of German society. And you go there meet him and make this Photo, with your Football Shirt, you will be wearing while playing for Germany?! I mean what the hell is this. I mean, i respect political tastes of anyone and they of course allowed to meet anyone anywhere, but please keep such photos in you private folder on computer and not make it public, if you are not going to move and play in National Team of Turkey. Otherwise it's a pure provocation, which it was. Of course it's not a justification of a bad play of the German Team, but had to mention it, as it was a big impact to their morality before the games start.

And 4) "The Outsider Teams" are simply became much stronger. Just look at other games nearly every "Favorite Team" had to struggle a lot. Spain, Brazil, argentina, England, you name it.. They all showed us not the best form and there were no "easy games" for them too. But it what makes WC Championship to such a stunning show, it's just impossible to say what happen next and who will be on the top this time! Enjoy your watching! ;)

Attachments

• snap419.jpg
    snap419.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: