RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dears!
In the view of recent great victory of france at the world championship I have considered to figure out more about their championship and commence this thread to keep track for the teams from the second ranking French championship called League 2. I am going to update this thread with info about rounds results, statictics and score table. I will appreciate any input from you in this regard to promote this thread and kindly invite everyone to participate in commentation, discussion and prediction of the matches. Let's get started!

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Two cents about first round completed in the League 2:
AC Ajaccio lost to Troyes which is the team eliminated from last season of League 1.
AC Ajaccio has lost his chance to promote into Ligue 1 last season (lost to Toulouse, third-down per the score table of Ligue 1) and will fight for top-5 this season again.
Nancy against expectation lost to debutant AS Beziers.
Another new-comer Red Star lost to average peformer Niort.
Brest, one of the contender for top-5, lost to Metz which is planned to return back to League 1 next year.
The rest of matches didn't attract yet my attention in the view of exected results to be commented. You welcome to write up in this matter. The championship just started and I am sure will have a lot of reason to mention every team of this League. Keep an eye for update!

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see anything interesting in this championship and even more so in "League 2" .. There are a lot of good players in France but the championships of France are not interesting!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I think Mahrez was that one who said once in interview that Ligue 2 games are usually very lowscoring ones etc so it's no surprise there seeing those week 1 results :rolleyes:

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
France_2017/2018 Ligue 2

And why exactly "League 2", not the higher league? Is this league attractive? Teams, players, the game - it is unlikely that the second league is better than the first.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think why the league is 2, because it's interesting to watch the fight for entering the league 1. In turn, in the league 1 it's all clear the PSG champion is only interested who will take 2nd place)))

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not see anything interesting in this championship and even more so in "League 2" .. There are a lot of good players in France but the championships of France are not interesting!

I think Mahrez was that one who said once in interview that Ligue 2 games are usually very lowscoring ones etc so it's no surprise there seeing those week 1 results :rolleyes:

And why exactly "League 2", not the higher league? Is this league attractive? Teams, players, the game - it is unlikely that the second league is better than the first.

I think why the league is 2, because it's interesting to watch the fight for entering the league 1. In turn, in the league 1 it's all clear the PSG champion is only interested who will take 2nd place)))
Yeah, guys, as I see all of you are familiar with the matter, it's good, you are right about attraction and other sport aspects of this captioned League (by the way I did mistake in the head-line mentioned 2017/2018 instead of 2018/2019 but for all of you it was clear what i meant, thanks). I will explaine you what was an aim to specify in particular League 2. First of all, i have idea to keep track on all top championships including second rating ones by means of creating a new threads in this regard. As you are well aware, the such kind of championships get started prior to main national сhampionships that's why i have commenced the French League 2 at the beginning. Then I have planned to introduce German 2nd Bundesliga etc voyaging step-by-step to the League 1, Premier League etc. Ok. In the second place, have posting updates about matches, i was intended to take a deep investigation wih your assistance, mates, from the perspective of the further betting. As Risto said, there is you can find forecasted lowscoring results, and I will add, with pretty nice odds. That was the reason to involve you hereaway.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then I have planned to introduce German 2nd Bundesliga etc voyaging step-by-step to the League 1, Premier League etc. Ok. In the second place, have posting updates about matches, i was intended to take a deep investigation wih your assistance, mates, from the perspective of the further betting.

Do you also intend to make and publish your predictions for matches or other betting results?

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you also intend to make and publish your predictions for matches or other betting results?
For sure do not in this thread; the said above content will be placed in relevant thread if you feel like you'll be needing that in this matter!:wink:

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The second round was completed.
AC Ajacco unsurprising won the match against debutant AS Beziers.
Gazelec Ajacco, against all the odds, scored 3 goals and beat to one's own surprise Auxerre.
Grenoble showed tough spirit and save the match in final minutes against the hard nut to crack at home Le Havre. I will take a closer look at Grenoble this season because they hit stride in recent years; were champions of the 2016–17 Championnat de France Amateur, returning to Championnat National for the 2017–18 season. They secured their second successive promotion to Ligue 2 on 27 May 2018, after an aggregate play-off victory over Bourg-en-Bresse. Let's see.
Metz masterfully made hamburger of Orleans. Habibou Mouhamadou Diallo substitute Opa Nguette on 22 minute of the match further on found the net four times!First poker achieved this season!
Niort put the squeeze on Clermont and get second win in a row. It is interesting to note that on two separate occasions defender Ibrahima Conte, on loan from FC Lorient, has scored again with assistance from midfielder Dylon Louiserre on both accounts.
Nancy failed to score against Paris FC. AS Nancy, hey, just think of it, one of the club's most notable players is Michel Platini, gonna fight for survival this season again!
Troyes lost the fight to Brest which has kinda terrible calendar start playing against eliminated teams of League1 in first two rounds.
Lens won second match as well as Red Star got second defeat.

K

KentBazemore24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ligue 2 is interesting because it's really open and often at the end of the season the relegation/promotion battle is getting really intense. However, skill wise, it's really poor. Defensive tactics are too much used (specially away team) and games are really boring globally.

I wouldn't recommend you to watch the games but following the league with highlights or stuff like that is interesting.

The best 2nd division of the world is the England Championship. The quality of football is pretty good and entertaining + it's one of the most dramatic league in Europe. It's like the Ligue 2 but more dramatic and with way more talents. On the 1st round of the Championship this year last week , there was 5 goals in 90+ minutes that changed the result of a match (in 10 games).

I would recommend you to follow it if you don't ! :)

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The third round was completed.
It is worthy of note about winnings of Metz, Grenoble, Sochaux, Lorient, Lens, Auxerre, Le Havre and AS Beziers.
FC Metz secured a victory against Clermont on the road in the great fight. Have losing 0-2 on 59 minute of the game, the Les Grenats (FC Metz) did comeback and won the match. One of goal was scored by Habibou Mouhamadou Diallo (5 goals in total after this round) that is his second time in a row as well as midfielder Farid Boulaya shot a goal two straight to take a victory 2-3 for the team. It bears mentioning that defender of Clermont Foot Florent Ogier was sent off on 87 min of the match in 2-2 and consequently his team was pinned in the end.
Frankly speaking, I have considered this victory but didn't expect to see such red-blooded match in the view of . It would be interesting to know what are they to such as others, FC Metz, wouldn't you say? I will catch an opportune moment and throw light on them.

To be continued.....

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very strange matches here, there is no obvious favorite and generally do not fall many goals.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Continuation (3rd round).....

Grenoble minimally won against Niort in the tough game. It was predictably in this match.
Sochaux get the best of AC Ajaccio in the road game and secured first victory in the league.
Lorient got a win against GFC Ajaccio on the road on two occassion in a row.
Lens got confident victory against Nancy in an away match as well as Auxerre against Orleans with the same score.
Le Havre unsurprising won the match against Winner of 2017–18 Championnat National Red Star in the road game.
AS Beziers, the Runner Up of 2017–18 Championnat National, continues to make people stare and has won against relegated to the League 2 Troyes on the road.
What else is new with this third round? The guests 7 times got victory!
What are we in for next? Stay posted.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
League Cup

Between 3rd and 4th rounds of the League 2, the matches of the League Cup have been played between teams of minor leagues.
League Cup 14082018

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lance super 4 wins out of 4 forward Lance

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
League Cup

Two cents about above results of the League Cup:
Lens won by one goal was scoring in the end of the match against Tour relegated to the National Championnat for this season.
Auxerre has gained revenge in the match against GFC Ajacco which got the best of them in the round 2.
Nancy got first win this season! Red Star off!
Clermont, Le Havre and Troyes unsurprising won representatives of the National Championate.
Three matches have been finished in series of penalty kicks.
Sochaux and Valenciennes will have chance to get a win against Brest and Lorient accordingly in the next, fourth, round of the League.

Last edited:
RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
League Cup

You can find below annoucement of the Round 2 of the League Cup:
League Cup 28082018 announcement