FIFA World Cup™ expanded to 48 teams from 2026

Timur23rus

Timur23rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. Many weak teams went to the last World Cup
Meanwhile Denmark, Sweden, Ireland, Poland, Turkey, Czech Republic no.

They missed the World Cup, because they played very poorly. In addition, the European quota will expand by only 2 teams. But African quota will expand to 9 teams and Asian will expand to 8 teams. And what are we going to watch? Mozambique - China? Morocco - Rwanda?
Although the World Cup will take place after 9 years, everything can still change and for example China will become the football grand, given how much money they are investing now. But it is a little hard to believe.

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it correct. The quota of Europe was 16 teams, and South America 6 though there it is more than 6 teams which can adequately act. In Europe it is less than 16 teams which can adequately play.

olipas10

olipas10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good idea : ), cuz im a romanian and i want my country at WC

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This new format is better for small countries and for countries that aren't that good, but it's overall bad for fooball cup.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is next? 64 teams? I'd like to see Serbian team at the Cup, but who would wath Serbia vs (just for example) Honduras?

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the quality might get worse because we have seen some bad teams even with 32 teams. But at the end, the best will still come up on top and it will give more chance to other countries. I think overall the level is improving so hopefully it wont be so bad lol

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, this will attract more viewers who want to support their team. Probably it's not so bad.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Football should cover as many countries as possible, but unfortunately the quality of the game will suffer from the increase in the number of participants! As well as FIFA commercial structure, million dollars are earned on football! Profit kills football!

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is covering every country in the world in qualifications. WC should be tournament for the best of the best.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The World Cup level will drop.
FIFA predicts a profit increase of $ 640 million on the world Cup 2026
Money, money, money...

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woah just now hearing about this. I am intrigued cause more football at the world stage and Albania may finally qualify!! Although it does seem like a money grab to go against tradition I'm also excited for it

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The technical level will fall.Interest will fall,a bad decision

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is good reshenie.I'm live in a small country and I want to see my country in the World Cup.

Timur23rus

Timur23rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is good reshenie.I'm live in a small country and I want to see my country in the World Cup.

Any fan in any country thinks just like you. Let's expand the World Cup to two hundred teams, so no one was offend. How do you offer? :)

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like it! The overall level of the game will get worse.

F

favorable flop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the right move if they increase the number of european teams.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After portugal defeated Hungary (3-0), it seems Hungary's team wont be playing in the next world championship... :/

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any fan in any country thinks just like you. Let's expand the World Cup to two hundred teams, so no one was offend. How do you offer? :)

wondered why widened teams in the Champions League? To enable more countries to have a chance to enter in groups of ShL.as give an example Ludogorets.Mislish you that if it were expanded broadband would come twice and groups?

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Europe 16, Africa 9, Asia 8, CONCACAF & CONMEBOL each 6, OFC 1. Host will take 1 and there will be a tournament for that 1 remaining place. Too little for Europe and South America, way too much for Asia!

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KEEEEErrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrchhhhhhhhhhhhhhinggggggg $$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek: