F1 Championship

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So... Bernie is gone as the boss of F1, that should make things at least a little bit interesting shouldn't it?

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch F1 all the time but in the las 3-4 years i didn't watch that much because they changed it so much and it's not the same...first thing i don't like anymore is the sound of the cars and i think that not everyone has the same chance and advantage...

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^ You haven't missed anything .. There is only one strong team all others are weaker, overtaking is almost impossible to see, unless it's a big difference in the tires..and finally, when the champion is Nico Rosberg everything is clear..Unfortunately, F1 is dead!

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New Ferrari SF70H on the track! This looks good, maybe this will be a great season for watching..

Attachments

• 16938580_1579481832081435_7447767701512602631_n.jpg
    16938580_1579481832081435_7447767701512602631_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 28
Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I expect Mercedes to be a little weaker in 2017 to have tighter races
Very cool to see Ferrari winning again. The last victory of Ferrari had been of Sebastian Vettel on 20 September 2015 (Singapore Grand Prix). It has been very boring to watch Mercedes winning all races in recent years.

The bad part was the near absence of overtaking, and nice race of Bottas too

Levitsky

Levitsky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Formula 1 is too expensive, too complicated and the cars are too reliable, according to Jean Todt, president of governing body the FIA

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, great start to the season. I hope that we will watch a great fight between Mercedes and Ferrari, maybe RedBull.. Honda is once again disappointed..

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not the biggest f1 fan but I watch it when I can. Good to see Ferrari back on top again (at least for the first race), hope to see a more competitive season this year!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Formula 1 is too expensive, too complicated and the cars are too reliable, according to Jean Todt, president of governing body the FIA

I mean... sure, you could argue the first couple of points are still true.

But "the cars are too reliable"?!? Dunno what he's been smoking there. There's only 20 cars on the grid to start with, you can't afford to lose very many over the course of a race. And "stopped with mechanical failure" is a boring way for a car to finish a race.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I don't understand is how with basically all new rules and completely changed cars it is still the same 3 teams at the top and then the rest.
Even former world champion teams like Mclaren, Williams, or Renault can't close the gap.

The almost complete blank canvas start for this year should have made it more competitive.

Of course I'm too lazy to look up all this years regulations.
(It's a shame we don't have the late Jusumguy to post all the new season changes anymore :( )

Looks like exciting F1 will be a thing of the past, like global online poker or genuine internet search engine technologies like altavista or webcrawler.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dunno, Ferrari won their first race in ages, that's a good change / maybe a sign of progress :)

In a nutshell rule changes are:

- Wider tyres
- Wider car bodies
- Wider front wings
- Wider (but lower) rear wings
- 20kg increase in max car weight

Bit more detail here: https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/2017-season-changes.html

Basic goal is to increase downforce and grip. There's been some fiddling around the edges of the engine rules too but bodywork and aero seems to be the biggest change. The other engine suppliers may have closed the gap a bit to Mercedes in the offseason, but my understanding is the Mercedes is still the engine you want to have...

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, remember Hakinnen - Schumacher?
Those were the times..
What an era!

Yes, I was rooting for Hakinnen that time. :)
They had big fights on the circuit but at the end they became good friends.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this years season looks fine I think, I am a fan of ferrari so Im really glad they finally managed to win a race... Lets see how the next one will roll, however I still think mercedes are a bit ahead.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope that this season will be more competitive and interesting. and that the formula 1 will lose audience. we will look, at the beginning optimistical so far.