F1 Best Season for years

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, I never said Hamilton complained, this was a post aimed at the change of rules at the last minute. There's no doubt Verstappens quality but he won that race and the world title on a race he should never have won because he benefited from blind luck and not of a champion who won the race the right way. The tournament race director also contributed to this in a massive way.

yes, I got it, I wasn't trying to start an argument))). and I have not heard any complaints from Hamilton, this is a form of speech "it is a sin to complain about fate when you are already successful and lucky." and in general I am not a fan of Verstapen, it seems to me that the change of champion is more important for Formula 1.
and I would even prefer luck to intervene partially in the championship, but at the same time not 2, but 3 or more riders would be fighting for the title. and not like in previous years, when from the beginning of the season the champion is already clear, I just did not watch the races. good luck.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No argument full stop.

yes, I got it, I wasn't trying to start an argument))). and I have not heard any complaints from Hamilton, this is a form of speech "it is a sin to complain about fate when you are already successful and lucky." and in general I am not a fan of Verstapen, it seems to me that the change of champion is more important for Formula 1.
and I would even prefer luck to intervene partially in the championship, but at the same time not 2, but 3 or more riders would be fighting for the title. and not like in previous years, when from the beginning of the season the champion is already clear, I just did not watch the races. good luck.

Let's put this down to you not understanding my message as I'm still not clear as to what you don't agree with lol.
Good luck has deserted us all and landed with Verstappen for sure.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The excitement of the final round of the race will elevate this season to the top 5 anyway.

It was unbelievable.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree

The excitement of the final round of the race will elevate this season to the top 5 anyway.

It was unbelievable.

Can you think of a better race or season than this one? I defintely cannot ever think of a worst way to lose a world title than this one - robbery ! lol

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yesterday race was exciting. I cant remember when there were two drivers with the same number of points before the last race. My friends does anyone know that? It was an even season between the two of them.They could both win for sure. I think it is better for F1 that Max is new champion. For the first time. Sometimes you have to be lucky with all your knowledge. That is sport and we are looking forward to next season. Congrat Max!

Last edited:
T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yesterday race was exciting. I cant remember when there were two drivers with the same number of points before the last race. My friends does anyone know that? It was an even season between the two of them.They could both win for sure. I think it is better for F1 that Max is new champion. For the first time. Sometimes you have to be lucky with all your knowledge. That is sport and we are looking forward to next season. Congrat Max!

What an amazing season that was! The only other time when two drivers went into the final race with the same amount of points was in 1974 when Emerson Fittipaldi and Clay Regazzoni were fighting for the championship. So this was truly a historic season! :)

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 3 situations eh? If that's boring then what are races with even less situations :hmmmm2:
So I say that the season is boring and the race too. Hopefully new cars will change the situation

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, really great season ! Big Emotions till the end ... :D

have a nice day :)

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greatness till the ending. Very good season.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a memorable season with a crazy ending... it took our breath away until the last lap of the last race :eek::rolleyes::cool:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stats dont lie.

Hamilton was 11/12 seconds ahead and with 2 laps left to go - he would never have been caught.
Safety car changes the race and Max plays the miracle card and pits knowing Hamilton cannot as he would have surrendered the lead.
Race Director Michael Masi just does what he wants with regards to back markers and the result is what it is.
I have never ever been a fan of the safety car affecting the result when a driver has such a lead and its sickening to see a result affected like this with everything at stake.
FIA are now under a lot of pressure to put in place significant changes to avoid this situation again, dont get me wrong, I totally feel Max is an amazing driver but he did not deserve to win that race and was gifted that 1st place.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It really was the most exciting season in recent times. It had been many years since we had seen a disputed season.

Despite that, I didn't follow the races. Before, I thought I had lost interest in F1 due to the lack of competition. Now I realize that it wasn't for this reason, as it didn't catch my eye this season, though.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here in brazil, a lot of people Felipe Massa can sleep in piece now.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an opinion that it was staged

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
News has arrived that Lewis may not return to Formula 1

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
News has arrived that Lewis may not return to Formula 1

And your source is ...
I doubt that he'd give up hopes of that record-breaking 8th title too easily though ...

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And your source is ...
I doubt that he'd give up hopes of that record-breaking 8th title too easily though ...
Not the fact that with new cars Mercedes will be as strong as this year. And that's when we will see a real fight on the track

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grew up racing F1 before the introduction of endless innovations in the rules in 2005, then the fight was much more interesting in my opinion, after the cancellation of refueling, cuts in team budgets, bans on the use of engines, multiple fines, all this began to kill interest in racing.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stopped to watch F1 after the season in 2009 as I was very frustrated that a pilot like Jenson Button won a championship with the fastest car and then until the last season the winner in the overall championship was the driver who is in the fastest car. When I saw what happened in the last races of 2021 and the fact that the champion was a talented pilot not in the fastest car, that makes me feel proud of the days I watched 2008,2007,2006,2005 seasons where the winner was the best driver with the best qualities not the driver in the fastest car.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not be at all surprised if Lewis walked away from this sport - FIA meeting imminent and unless they make significant changes to race directing personnel, rules around safety car deployment, i reckon he will say stuff you and go...

watch this space - interesting few days ahead of us in this sport.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That kind of people that are sure they have a divine right to win are boring... to say the least

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I say that the season is boring and the race too. Hopefully new cars will change the situation

In my opinion, racing is the most boring sport in general. This is not football or hockey where there are more action moments. I don't know why I love racing, it's boring. :D

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, racing is the most boring sport in general. This is not football or hockey where there are more action moments. I don't know why I love racing, it's boring. :D
Watched football the other day. Milan-Juventus. Also a boring sight)) You can’t guess here. To make the formula interesting, you need to return the refueling.