SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We've had 1 round of matches, which team is looking good now, which team is maybe the surprise package?

portugal impressed me last night, they are the holders but I had not really put them in with the favourites. Italy also look very strong too.

france and germany both were a bit disappointing yesterday, but Mbappes pace.....wow!

finland have a win, in very difficult circumstances, they can def progress now.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Italy looking great. I hope they win !
Germany played very bad.
France and Portugal did ok.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
We've had 1 round of matches, which team is looking good now, which team is maybe the surprise package?

It is probably too early to make any impressions after first round ...

From (possible) surprise package 2 teams probably can be happy with their pefomance so far: Slovakia & Finland need just 1 point from remaining 2 matches cause with 4 points they are automatically in the next round (whether is it by 3rd place or top2 finish) ...

Turkey always loses first game at EUROs so guess it is intresting to see how they react now ...

... Denmark is probably screwed since you pretty much never know whether moment like this unites them even more or works against them :bebored:

Macedonia have no plans to park the bus so even if they exit after groupstage then hopefully it is by not showing same perfomance like Turkey did in opening game lol ...

Wales/switzerland/Spain/sweden are probably the only teams who still have chance to be smart/stupid enough to go past groupstage with 3 draws so guess it is intresting to see whether any of them is clever enough to actually try that ...

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Italy looking great. I hope they win !
Germany played very bad.
France and Portugal did ok.

I am rooting for Italy as well. It's perhaps the most beautiful country in the world and the people are very friendly. I spent two years there, just outside of Rome (I worked in Rome) and I loved it. I like my country of canada, but the climate cannot compare to the Italian one. I loved everything about Italy. I remember that I was sometimes able to wear a t-shirt in December. That is not ever going to happen to me in Toronto, my present home town.
I would not be surprised if the final was between France and Italy or Italy and Belgium.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am rooting for Italy as well. It's perhaps the most beautiful country in the world and the people are very friendly. I spent two years there, just outside of Rome (I worked in Rome) and I loved it. I like my country of Canada, but the climate cannot compare to the Italian one. I loved everything about Italy. I remember that I was sometimes able to wear a t-shirt in December. That is not ever going to happen to me in Toronto, my present home town.
I would not be surprised if the final was between France and Italy or Italy and Belgium.

You were very lucky to live in Italy. I´m half Italian. I went there for two weeks back on 2016. Such a beautifull Country, very beautifull. I´m a Diver. I got to dive in Recco, close to Genova and on Y-40, the Deepest pool in the World back than, in Padova, close to Venice. Such a great time.
I also like Canada very much. I went twice there. To Vancouver, Whistler and around. And to Winnipeg, Lac Du Bonnet and West Hawk Lake to visit a great friend. We also got to Ice Diving in West Hawk Lake. It was amazing.
Ice Diving Video:

Cheers Buddy

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Belgium looks really strong even without KDB. This is maybe no surprise though. Czech republic presented something interesting and scored the most beautiful goal (in my opinion) so far.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You were very lucky to live in Italy. I´m half Italian. I went there for two weeks back on 2016. Such a beautifull Country, very beautifull. I´m a Diver. I got to dive in Recco, close to Genova and on Y-40, the Deepest pool in the World back than, in Padova, close to Venice. Such a great time.
I also like Canada very much. I went twice there. To Vancouver, Whistler and around. And to Winnipeg, Lac Du Bonnet and West Hawk Lake to visit a great friend. We also got to Ice Diving in West Hawk Lake. It was amazing.
Ice Diving Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTWwdzZAJWw

Cheers Buddy
Thanks, I really do believe I was lucky to live in Italy. I travelled throughout the country. I visited Venice twice, Milan, Florence and Bolonia, Siena was one of my favourites because there is nothing new in the old town there so it's like time travel. I even visited Pompei and Capri and it was not even that expensive. I was there in the late 80s which were good times in Italy. The economy was doing great, so I was able to make a little bit of money too.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is probably too early to make any impressions after first round ...

From (possible) surprise package 2 teams probably can be happy with their pefomance so far: Slovakia & Finland need just 1 point from remaining 2 matches cause with 4 points they are automatically in the next round (whether is it by 3rd place or top2 finish) ...

Turkey always loses first game at EUROs so guess it is intresting to see how they react now ...

... Denmark is probably screwed since you pretty much never know whether moment like this unites them even more or works against them :bebored:

Macedonia have no plans to park the bus so even if they exit after groupstage then hopefully it is by not showing same perfomance like Turkey did in opening game lol ...

Wales/Switzerland/Spain/Sweden are probably the only teams who still have chance to be smart/stupid enough to go past groupstage with 3 draws so guess it is intresting to see whether any of them is clever enough to actually try that ...

Being from the UK I'd like to see wales win this game against Turkey. Its very weird this year with 4 3rd place teams qualifying. Maybe you can even get through with 2 points?? :confused:

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Being from the UK I'd like to see wales win this game against Turkey. Its very weird this year with 4 3rd place teams qualifying. Maybe you can even get through with 2 points?? :confused:

1-2 points is probably highly unlikely for that (havent calculated too much but i'd imagine this is only possible if in 3-6 groups one team collects max 9p) ...

Previous EUROs already showed that 4p will send 3rd place through automatically (Slovakia, ireland) while teams with 3p can only qualify if their goal difference is not negative (N. Ireland & Porttugal vs Turkey & Albania) ...

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Belgium looks really strong even without KDB. This is maybe no surprise though. Czech republic presented something interesting and scored the most beautiful goal (in my opinion) so far.

Belgium do look strong, I've actually backed them, but this was mainly due to the free bets I was getting for every win they get. One of which has already come good, so I'm up already!! :)

A

aviatorsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Italy and Portugal are looking like the winners of this first round!

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips

Wales managed to do that despite the missed penalty from Bale. 2 assists from him and he still got the Player of the match award. Good performance. I was supporting Turkey though :(

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As my father's parents from Portugal. I'm definitely rooting Portugal to be outright winners but as it's only 1st round, anything can happen.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
As my father's parents from Portugal. I'm definitely rooting Portugal to be outright winners but as it's only 1st round, anything can happen.

Yeah, obviously it's too early. Good match vs Hungary and a deserved win. Very difficult game against Germany!

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
France and Italy played impressive. At this moment they are the favourites for me. Belgium has to grow into the tournament, their defence is the weak spot, but i give them a chance also.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Remember the EURO 2016 when Portugal climbed as 3rd in their group with luck the "Round of sixteen" and finished the tournament as champion...
Italy and Belgium played great. France is strong, clever and experienced but won only by an owngoal against a weak German team. Hope Germany will improve, as in so many championships before. Excited already to see the match vs. Portugal tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210615_205022.jpg
    20210615_205022.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 39
V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Italy and Belgium are doing it really well.France is an experienced and solid team.But Germany ,despite the bad performance against France,is still my favorite team for this Euro.We won´t miss that Portugal vs Germany.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The national teams that I like most to watch right now it's France and Italy.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Belgium and France are looking strong. Lots of real good goaltending across the tournament and refs have been pretty good. Not a lot of goals, but competitive games.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes indeed ! Very strong without De Bruyne and Hazard too.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And now having them playing... oh boy, what a change in the second half vs Denmark. De Bruyne is a real top class player.
Considering that he received a serious injury in the Champions League final - a real fighter!:top:

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yesterday I won a little in the freeroll and made two bets on the match Switzerland - Turkey. Switzerland wins or draws provided both teams score. It is interesting to hear your comments on this. Who placed bets on this match? Which team or outcome did you bet on .

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Considering that he received a serious injury in the Champions League final - a real fighter!:top:

Yes, indeed. And a great leader, too! I expect him to start vs Finland.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yesterday I won a little in the freeroll and made two bets on the match Switzerland - Turkey. Switzerland wins or draws provided both teams score. It is interesting to hear your comments on this. Who placed bets on this match? Which team or outcome did you bet on .

I'm staying away from this game but i'd imagine if i'd bet on it then maybe Switzerland win or something ...