Do you consider E-Sport to be real sports?

S

SantiRojo84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little by little I have learned to value them. I love to watch and even bet on the Counter, for example.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. I used to play StarCraft 2 and when I watch the best players in the world, they are like superhuman compared to me. I think even if I played 8-10 hours a day every day, I would not be nearly as good as them. Some people are just amazing.

raul400368

raul400368

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
E-sports are a sport. It requires a certain level of mental ability, it is based on a strategy and a tactic in the same way as other sports.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not even a little bit.
Same, not a whole lot of athleticism involved in E-Sports. Do you have to train to be really good, yeah but you have to do the same thing at a job and those aren't sports. In nascar you at least have to have stamina and train your body to sit there in a hot suit and drive the car to turn left all day not to mention the danger and hand eye coordination that goes into it, what do you have to do athletically so that video games are a sport, hand eye coordination and play the game for hours on end?

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't consider. Just as I don't consider chess to be a sport and yet it is. So, I don't understand anything hehehe

uravnobeshen

uravnobeshen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
For someone maybe it is, for me? No, it's not.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If chess is considered as a sport, e-sport definitely is.

thebigdrodney

thebigdrodney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being that you can gamble on it, it's definitely a real sport

S

SantiRojo84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. I used to play StarCraft 2 and when I watch the best players in the world, they are like superhuman compared to me. I think even if I played 8-10 hours a day every day, I would not be nearly as good as them. Some people are just amazing.

The same happens to me with the players of Counter Strike or Clash of Clans. His skill is envy

Last edited:
S

SantiRojo84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same, not a whole lot of athleticism involved in E-Sports. Do you have to train to be really good, yeah but you have to do the same thing at a job and those aren't sports. In nascar you at least have to have stamina and train your body to sit there in a hot suit and drive the car to turn left all day not to mention the danger and hand eye coordination that goes into it, what do you have to do athletically so that video games are a sport, hand eye coordination and play the game for hours on end?

I think there are E-Sport that have discipline, talent, coordination ... and provide emotions typical of the game. that speaks a lot about a sport

S

SantiRojo84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't consider. Just as I don't consider chess to be a sport and yet it is. So, I don't understand anything hehehe

hahaha there are many things that we do not understand ... you just have to have fun

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are E-Sport that have discipline, talent, coordination ... and provide emotions typical of the game. that speaks a lot about a sport
I just can't call anything a sport where all you have to use are your eyes, thumbs, and index fingers. Most sports are played by athletes, there is nothing athletic involved in using just your thumbs and index fingers. Hell you move more of your body playing poker than you do playing video games, and the emotions, people get exited when they win at anything.

S

SantiRojo84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't call anything a sport where all you have to use are your eyes, thumbs, and index fingers. Most sports are played by athletes, there is nothing athletic involved in using just your thumbs and index fingers. Hell you move more of your body playing poker than you do playing video games, and the emotions, people get exited when they win at anything.

It is a respectable opinion. I believe that a sport involved discipline and talent. You may like some more than others, but a sport is that

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is a respectable opinion. I believe that a sport involved discipline and talent. You may like some more than others, but a sport is that
Wood carving, stock market trading, negotiation, interrogation, anything involving getting kids to behave are all things off the top of my head that involve those two things and are in no way shape or form sports, though you may get some argument for the last one depending on the kid. You need a new definition of a sport. If I sit down in my living room and play some call of duty online against other people casually, would you say that I am playing a sport or just having fun playing a game? Now if I go outside and play some one on one basketball with a buddy I bet you would say that that is playing a sport. See the difference?

Last edited:
Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. ESports are computer sports games for entertainment. Everyone can do this. Real sports are not for everyone and require physical and mental loads.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Esports are very entertaining, a lot of things in different games:joyman:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It has a competitive spirit but for me it remains a virtual sport.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally yes, it is very difficult to have ability for games like counter or fifa speaking at a high level of competition ... I like to play cs go we even bet with my friends among us, but only for fun

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. But I'm starting to come around to the idea of accepting this. It's certainly far more legitimate of a sports activity than gambling is.

S

Sheggos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dota 2 очень интересно смотреть, мне кажется, что скоро и по телевизору мы будем смотреть, как сейчас футбол

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if that classification would be accurate.

I mean, if E-sports are sports they should be in the Olympics.

But don't get me wrong, E-sports should be classified as mental sports such as chess or poker.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If chess is a sport, then e-sport is a sport too. The esport championships are very popular. The bests in the World meet to challenge and fight each other. It's pretty entertaining.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Staring at a video screen for hours is not a sport,,,, :hahaha: it's equal to watching t.v.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars