Do you bet on sports?

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Broadly speaking there's no reason you can't be good at both - they're just very different skills. Being good at one doesn't make you good at the other necessarily.

I think you need a similar temperament to be successful at both (able to stay calm and level headed, analyse things dispassionately, not being afraid to pull the trigger in +EV spots, good at managing your money, etc). But just having that temperament isn't enough.

+1

I have been successful in both areas. bankroll management is key! Knowing the sports and players you are betting on helps out as well. Rolling the dice on games or teams you know nothing about will put you in the poor house quickly.

S

SuitedPear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have bet on eSports a couple of times. That is a little different than betting on live sports, because eSport matches are always fairly close. I did however had a spread sheet a mile long full of each player stats, possible fill-in stats, and even personal notes about personal issues that could prevent them from playing and require that team to pull in a fill-in haha. I made a solid amount of money.

I considered doing that with normal sports, but it took a lot of effort to get that far.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't know what to do now that football season is over.
betting on basketball seems so erratic and i don't like baseball at all.
so it's only some ufc stuff and that's about it.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mma good place to make money i got someone giving me his picks and they have been straight money

Miester646

Miester646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bet sports online... though once in awhile ill put a proline ticket in. People in canada will know what I'm talking about. Not sure how the betting works over in Europe.

G

gamblejoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sports betting in Wisconsin

Hi, new to the forum. Not sure if I reply here or create a new thread (forum veterans tend to hate that), but was wondering what you all think about online poker or online sporting betting in Wisconsin.

I'd love to take part, but the legality is extremely fuzzy. It seems like it is illegal but wondering if there are any WI players or anyone who knows for sure one way or the other. In addition, any suggestions on what pay/payout methods to use and which sites are the best would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-GambleJoe

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AFAIK online sports betting is illegal basically everywhere in the US? And most reputable offshore books (Pinnacle, for example) won't allow US players.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I really like to bet on Tennis live.

Davydave

Davydave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AFAIK online sports betting is illegal basically everywhere in the US? And most reputable offshore books (Pinnacle, for example) won't allow US players.

5Dimes is still an option.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5Dimes is still an option.

Yeah that's why I said "most": there are some books that will still give US players action (especially if you're prepared to deal in Bitcoin I gather - I'm not from the US so thankfully I don't have to worry about that).

The question was whether it was legal though, and AFAIK the answer is definitely no.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ten only sport that I have anything at all to do with is poker. The others put me to sleep.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like women's tennis and sometimes I make small bets.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tennis used to be a major leak for me, I've never been any good at betting it and I've pretty much quit the sport (outside of some massively +EV promos some of my books have run for the Australian Open). Plus nothing tilts me like tennis betting either, the way your player can be one point from winning, then go on to screw it all up and spend the next three hours losing the match.

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5mdMxpBtk0QQz2.png

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am betting in online basketball
If need any advice, feel free

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Add the injuries with the failures of the game...

Of course, no one is immune from injuries and health problems. This is not a team game, where one player can be replaced by another.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only other sport i like to bet on besides nfl is MMA and i've been getting my ass kicked lately.
i miss footballl.

good luck at the tables!

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im betting constantly in time when I dont play poker.thats math and brm.so if u play poker bets are not hard to discover for yourself.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course there is, really win a bet today on Leicester with X

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars