Davis to the lakers.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They gave a lot away to get him, but the real win here is.... they got rid of lonzo. That's a win in itself in my opinion. So the question is.... will another huge star go to LA this off season, and if so, who? I'm curious how this effects kwahis mindset on LA as a possible location. I personally think that's what will happen, but who knows.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Green and gasol from Toronto would be good value. A big like gasol or cousins that can handle the ball and are really good passers would be a great fit. Maybe cousins and Davis are patched up and it could take him there. Maybe Rubio instead of rondo. Rondo seems more like a distraction these last few years.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pelicans did alright getting Lonzo Ball and 3 first round picks including the #4 pick in this draft. For a guy leaving,,,not 2 bad.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
More like the got rid of Lavar a plus for them.

All reports say no big name free agents coming. Kwahi probably stay in canada. KD is either NYK or stay with GSW.

Irvin is the wild card he is a different kind of dude he still thinks the earth is flat no one knows what he will do. He is leaning Nets from reports.

Possibility of Butler or Kemba (if Hornets low ball him) or maybe Tobias.

There is also a chance CP3 could get traded there as well but it would take some doing with Lakers now short on Assets and to fit him under cap.
They gave a lot away to get him, but the real win here is.... they got rid of lonzo. That's a win in itself in my opinion. So the question is.... will another huge star go to LA this off season, and if so, who? I'm curious how this effects kwahis mindset on LA as a possible location. I personally think that's what will happen, but who knows.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Butler and kemba both look like they are staying put. Kemba even said he would take less money there. As you said Irving is heavy toward the Nets with the Jay z connection.

Kwahi is the wildcard to me. If he stays, then odds are green and gasol would both resign there also. Both of those are good fits to the Lakers otherwise. There are a ton of good free agents this year.

Ad, rubio, cousins, and someone like green or russel, or rozier. Would be a killer line up to go with Kuz and lbj.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see cp3 going there, he is best friends with lbj afterall, but as you said about assets, how low would cp3 go even if Houston came to an agreement. I think he stays there since gs isn't going to contend anymore and LA isn't proven as of yet. So many options really this year with the free agents and so many trades/sign and trade options out there.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they gamble on rose? He looked good this last season, and he could be gotten pretty cheap all things considered. It's a gamble because of his knees, but has a huge up side to the gamble too if he stays healthy.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lakers are desperate. Need to find some depth and good role players. LeBron doesn't seem able to attract other great players anymore..

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A power move for the Lakers but as always not a guarantee that it will move them to a championship.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean? Ad is a top 5 player in the whole league and they got him less than a week after the finals. Attracting the players won't be an issue, the cap will be the issue. They can save 5 million off cap if they wait to sign ad, which will probably happen because it will save the pelicans cap space also.
Lakers are desperate. Need to find some depth and good role players. LeBron doesn't seem able to attract other great players anymore..

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most important is that they were able to keep Kuzma... With two such big ofensive weapons as Davis and LBJ he will have a lot of we easy attempts...

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think the Lakers got raped in this trade especially if they don't win the championship next year. Lebron only has a couple years left before he finally starts to break down or retire. 3 first round picks means that the Lakers basically mortgaged the future to win next season which is entirely possible now that Klay and KD probably won't play next season leaving the West wide open. I just think if they don't win the championship next year they gave up entirely way too much and when Lebron leaves it'll show because they won't have the picks to rebuild.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the lakers are desperate and if AD or Lebron gets injure next season they are finish

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the lakers will have room to make another big hiring and with that they will be again the kings of the nba

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They did great by getting rid of the Ball Anchor. They did give up a lot but if it nets them a championship within 3 years then it's worth it.

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Orleans clearly benefited from the exchange. Did Lakers win ? Not clear yet. But definitely increased

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah New Orleans got a lot for it, but we are talking about a generational player in ad. I don't think giving 3 picks is a big deal given the allure of LA to players. They can simply sign young talent. I think it's a win win for both teams. New Orleans will build around zion, and LA will build around ad, he is only 26, and even being the best at his spot, he is still getting better. I think LA will get one more big name, and then they will get some good players who are championship hunting for cheap, much like cousins and gasol did last year. I think when the season starts LA will have a squad that will make them like 2 to 1 to win the championship this year.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
top signing from Lakers. Now they have a lot of potential to reach more next season.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be nice to see Wade come out of retirement and sign there.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot? I hope you're talking about draft rounds...

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers NBA Champions 2020, made my words!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dependent on what other signs they get, I agree. As for "a lot" I already mentioned it slightly up in the thread. Ad is a generational talent, much like steph changed the game with knowing shooting 5 foot farther out only slightly changed percentages, ad is a huge force. I also think people undermine lbj in terms of being able to play another 5 to 7 years at this same form. Of course that is dependent on his drive, but business wise he is doing better then well, so for him he may have a drive to be undoubtedly the best to ever play in the nba. If lbj has a 20/8/7 game people talk shit, give that thought. I'm not a fan of any team anymore, and I'd like to think I'm completely unbiased due to that, but lbj could go down as the greatest athlete ever, not just basketball player. You have a young superstar like ad joins, and that only ups the ante. I think by the time preseason starts the Lakers will have possibly the greatest team ever combined, and if not now, then next year. By next year I mean I expect lbj to play much longer than most expect, and not only that, I expect him to play at top level. I think people underestimate the allure, and I also think people underestimate ad... clearly by most comments. I think there are a lot of casual fans on here, that's not me trying to be holier than thou, in terms of knowledge, but people cleary don't watch most games. Much like people surprised by the bucks and then toronto. Go back and look at my post where I said I like both the bucks or toronto in 6 over gs, but when the raptors got up on gs, magically there were a ton of people talking on the raptors on here. I don't want to seem elitist but I'd like comments from people who are genuine, and not just trying to post to keep their post count friendly to stay in the club. And that's not about you gaviria, since I replied to you here, I just got on a rant for a second.
Lakers NBA Champions 2020, made my words!

Last edited:
jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trust me I don't underestimate AD and what he can do after all he did win my Kentucky Wildcats a championship because he's a once in a lifetime player. However, I'm just saying the Lakers better hope they win next season because I think the Warriors might be able to hang onto both Klay and KD. They won't be good next year leaving the West wide open but the other teams better be able to win while the Warriors are down because I think the Warriors front office and coaching staff will find a way to keep the Warriors relevant.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see klay resigning, but I don't think kd comes back. I remember watching him leave during that game and figured he was being taken to a hospital, but he wasnt. He just left during the game, which they later won. I found that strange, gave the impression he was talked into playing when he really didn't want to. The gm even came down and there was a altercation between KD and his crew and the gm and other front office people, then he left. That's speculation, but I don't think he wants to be there regardless of contract numbers. I don't think gs will stay even in the top 3 in the west. Just feels like a sinking ship to me, but we will see what happens over the summer.
Trust me I don't underestimate AD and what he can do after all he did win my Kentucky Wildcats a championship because he's a once in a lifetime player. However, I'm just saying the Lakers better hope they win next season because I think the Warriors might be able to hang onto both Klay and KD. They won't be good next year leaving the West wide open but the other teams better be able to win while the Warriors are down because I think the Warriors front office and coaching staff will find a way to keep the Warriors relevant.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
smart trade by the lakers i think get davis pair with lebron and kuzma just need the right playters around them