Conor McGregor Announces Retirement

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today he announced his retirement from the UFC.
What do you think is right? it wasn't early?
Personal opinion: I think after the last match was expected

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did he retire? I haven't seen it yet. Maybe he is just laying the groundwork for a future BIG Pay-Per-View "come out of retirement" match! :D:D:D

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is another PR joke. He wanted revenge on Habib. It is unworthy to leave with the rank of coward. He will return.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the usual PR move from him, I think will return at the right time, just want to inflate your price tag!

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is his decision. I think he has a reason to do that.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's because of all the built up press. He's Retired Before and has "quit" . He's the Urban Meyer of MMA . Give it a year Maybe 2 and there will be some "big return" event everyone will be gaga over

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You don't retire making a Twitter statement.

That is not Conor McGregor style.

When he retires it will be a BIG party.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MacGregor, became very weak, right that he left, but it seems to me that this is a PR move:boxing:

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he's in a very huge problem so it's strategy from his
lawyers

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not know that but sounds logic to me as well. He was a great fighter and he has made much money throughout his short but great career. Therefore I fully understand his choice.

All the best.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He ruined his career by wanting to face Maywheather and the money he would pocket

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He made so much money so far. If he retire, good for him. He probably do something else he likes.
Gronk of Patriots retired at 29 years only. Many concussions.
Its good to retire with health, otherwise he will not enjoy all the money he made.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Conor McGregor Retire

Apparently he’s expressed interest in wanting to fight Bare Knuckle, and he’s under investigation for a pretty serious crime in ireland.

Nate Diaz wants an absurd amount of money to ever fight again and probably won’t - one of Mcgregors next possible opponents

Khabib is another opponent who he knows he would just get exposed for having no ground game in another one sided fight.

Max Holloway is making the jump to Lightweight right now and has tried to stir some stuff up with Mcgregor. (Holloway promoting Jameson) They’ve fought before when Holloway was an inexperienced 20 year old. At 27, Holloway is one of the best UFC fighters we’ve ever seen. His striking is on an elite level.

Another possible opponent in Georges St Pierre also ‘retired’. He was apparently set to face the winner of Khabib-Mcgregor (only if it was Mcgregor [emoji857]) and now with the suspensions/allegations against Conor it looks like Conor won’t be able to fight until at least September-November.

The GSP fight could still happen, he was cutting weight, was very leaned out (walking around @ Under 165 lbs)

‘The coming out of retirement fight’ for both guys could sell and be appealing. Two of the Biggest UFC PPV stars they’ve had clashing would be the UFCs dream.

I think it’s just Mcgregor testing the company to see if they’ll actually give him ownership (they won’t) for his next fight.

I think you’ll see Mcgregor back in a cage/ring late 2019 to early 2020

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like Dana has been calling Conor's bluff here (assuming it is a bluff). Conor brought a lot of eyes to the sport so I hope he can come back in good standing.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he made his money with his very good career but he is also pretty young for retirement.Ofcourse in the end it’s his decision and no one should judge him.But let’s not forget that this maybe isn’t going to happen.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very sorry.Conor McGregor - cool fighter

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that he will come back some time later ..

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does not need to do that anymore ... so can easily retired ! ))

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People can lose their desire to fight.

Given his behavior, the development of him retiring is concerning.
I pray for him and hope should he return or not, he finds a place in life that is socially positive, good for him and his family.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only reason he retired is because he has alot of money and no point of risking serious injury anymore plus hes always in media

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the right move, dude's been doing blow and partying for too long to continue fighting.