College Football

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any college football fans in the house? I can't wait for the season coming up!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite form of Football. I've got USC, and UCLA to root for.

I always say that too. By far the best sport as far as hype, support, and intensity!

I am still butt hurt about losing to USC in the Rose Bowl 2 years back...we threw that game away :mad::(

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really enjoy watching college games. The atmosphere is incredible.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite sport. It feels likes it's been ages since the championship game.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
College football, my favorite sport. I watch mostly ACC and SEC games, lucky to live in this region. Rarely go to the games any more, HD tv has really come a long way. Lots of games to choose from any given Saturday from the comfort of home. Betting on some of the games give you more to watch, in my opinion. Got a good list of trends going, will try that angle this year, as opposed to throwing darts.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any predictions on the 4 playoff teams or the overall National Champion?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alabama obviously, clemson, georgia, are the top 3 that come to my mind. I think this is a year where you could see 1 or even 2 surprise teams make the playoffs. Hard to really judge a lot of teams because so many big time qbs left. Not to menation the rbs. How will lsu, Penn st, and teams along that line be? They could be very overrated right now or be just as good without their workhorses from last year. Impossible to know right now. Oklahoma is another team I'm interested in seeing, Miami also, in terms of are they ranked properly. Miami felt overrated to me all last year. At least we get to see two of those teams week 1 play each other. Lsu and miami.

I just feel like there will be a surprise team that's under the radar right now get in.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah I guess we will know more after about the first 4-5 games when all of the cupcake teams are out of the way...I am hopeful for PSU this year but we lost a lot of receivers, a great tight end, and of course, Saquon Barkley :(

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like college football more than the NFL is more exciting and explosive and this gives more to the game. Among
my favorites are clear Alabama, Notre Dame, Georgia and Clemson. I hope the playoff system continues to expand because it has added more excitement at this level.

Last edited by a moderator:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like college football more than the NFL is more exciting and explosive and this gives more to the game. Among

my favorites are clear Alabama, Notre Dame, Georgia and Clemson. I hope the playoff system continues to expand because it has added more excitement at this level.

I 100% agree! I want them to make it a 6-8 team playoff...A lot of people argue it would hurt the game but I disagree.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alabama gets any player they want, Clemson gets the best quarterbacks, Georgia gets the best running backs.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 team playoff!!!

Totally agree about the college football playoffs, no reason in the world not to make it 8 teams. Worst thing about it though would be the fact that Alabama would get shoved in every year even with 2 losses. They already get shoved into a 4-team playoff even when they don't win their conference, which is absolutely horrible.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I agree. Penn state would have made it in 2 yeas ago over Washington with an 8 team playoff!!

I can’t wait for the day Alabama doesn’t make it to the playoffs. Might not be soon though.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great rules a fun game just like my cfl cant wait

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Alabama hare is strong in this one, geez. Keep in mind Alabama actually won the playoffs... it's not like they are given a free championship. The fact is, in recent years, Alabama at the end of the year will beat any any team 9 out of 10 times. You should enjoy seeing it while it lasts. Same with golden state, I'm not a fan of theirs but I don't hate on them for success and I enjoy seeing their run.

I like the idea of an 8 team playoff as well, if for nothing more it adds another week to watch.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Alabama hare is strong in this one, geez. Keep in mind Alabama actually won the playoffs... it's not like they are given a free championship. The fact is, in recent years, Alabama at the end of the year will beat any any team 9 out of 10 times. You should enjoy seeing it while it lasts. Same with golden state, I'm not a fan of theirs but I don't hate on them for success and I enjoy seeing their run.

I like the idea of an 8 team playoff as well, if for nothing more it adds another week to watch.

I don't hate Alabama. I applaud them for how well they manage to recruit, coach and perform. I think it's a change of scenery that I'm looking for. However, if my team was constantly winning and making it to the playoffs I wouldn't be complaining ;)

Also, you make a great point...I didn't even think about the extra week 8 teams would add!!

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a decent college fan when I lived up North but now that I moved down South my college football appreciation and excitement has really ramped up. it is on a whole different level down here that is for sure. Can't wait for the season to start.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is that Alabama gets preferential treatment because they are in the Southeastern Conference. The problem with that is the fact that the SEC is just a shell of what it used to be. Florida and Tennessee are mediocre at best, and it has been a long time now since that wasn't true. Alabama is an NFL mill under Nick Saban, and their NFL mill gets the nod when other programs get snubbed.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How was everyone's Saturday? Penn State had a scare but we managed to some how pull out a W in OT. Our defense needs a lot of work!

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How was everyone's Saturday? Penn State had a scare but we managed to some how pull out a W in OT. Our defense needs a lot of work!

My Wildcats (K-State) were nearly upset by South Dakota State. They needed to kneel down and Bill Snyder called a running play and Barnes fumbles. SDS drives to the 34 and misses a game tying attempt (51 yards). Our defense did shut them out in the 2nd half...we have 2 QB's, nearly great...both good. Up next #18 Mississippi State

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Penn State game was awesome. I went to App, we almost pulled off another big one! 4th quarter was nuts.

Dawgs rolled.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Wildcats (K-State) were nearly upset by South Dakota State. They needed to kneel down and Bill Snyder called a running play and Barnes fumbles. SDS drives to the 34 and misses a game tying attempt (51 yards). Our defense did shut them out in the 2nd half...we have 2 QB's, nearly great...both good. Up next #18 Mississippi State

Mississippi is going to be a challenge!

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mississippi is going to be a challenge!

They really will be. When we pull off upsets we score on special teams and/or defense and control the clock with a spread offense (Weird, especially in the run and gun Big 12) We had 2 Punt returns for TD by Zuber but 1 was called back. I hope it's close...depends on which team(s) show up and what the weather is like

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They really will be. When we pull off upsets we score on special teams and/or defense and control the clock with a spread offense (Weird, especially in the run and gun Big 12) We had 2 Punt returns for TD by Zuber but 1 was called back. I hope it's close...depends on which team(s) show up and what the weather is like

Well good luck to your team!! My team needs to really step it up because we won't be able to just walk into Pittsburgh and beat Pitt at Heinz Field so easily.