College Basketball Thread 2019/2020 Season

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Utah -9
They are putting up points, while the other side is struggling to do so. I don't see anything on paper that would change here. The match ups favor Utah from every position I've looked at.

Gonzaga +2
The loss to Michigan, rather how it was probably is a factor to this line. If that would have been close, either way, and Gonzaga still won the 2 games in between that and this game, I think the line would have been more up toward 5 or 6. My main angle here is actually a thought about Alabama football. What does that have to do with this? Well the zags players, all good players, were limited last year due to the players ahead of them. It's like the process in alabama, you sit, you watch, you learn, you train. The zag have that so their team isn't like a bunch of fresh players coming in learning systems and how to play in a unit. They have gone through the process. Arizona on the other hand are really young, and they haven't beat anyone, hell, they really haven even played anyone. They lostold their 1 ranked game. The zags loss came to a hot Michigan team, and was after the zags had a tough tough win against oregon. Those 2 games alone are more than Arizona has had.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-0 today
Utah Covered by a few, and the zag won straight up.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Alabama tonight -8.5, but I'm buying the hook for -8 flat. They are a decent team that's really only lost to higher tier teams, and even most of those games were competitive. I think they win by double digits tonight against a worse on paper team, that has played a worse schedule.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-0
They controlled the game start to finish, covered 2 times over.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kind of liking maryland tonight -5.5, hook bought for 5 flat. I see this line is 6 and even 6.5 at some places now, so this line is probably going up across the board so I'll get in now while I can get it 5 flat without spending a boat load to do so.
I like them better defensively, particularly morsell on powell. I think he slows powell down enough to slow hall under the average points by more than a handful. I don't see that happening on the other side of the ball. I expect maryland to get their 77+.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8-1 UTEP (+12.5) seems like a trap bet @ Houston - Miners haven't played anyone

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah and Houston losses were quality losses, and close except against oregon. They didn't play bad in that oregon game either. Solid tier 2 team.
8-1 UTEP (+12.5) seems like a trap bet @ Houston - Miners haven't played anyone

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maryland is shooting 13 percent... and it's almost halftime... they are playing good defence as I expected but losing 20-7. 13 freaking percent!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0-1

Just a ugly game... 26 percent shooting, didn't even get 50 points. I quit watching a little before half but just looked at the final stats. Terrible. That's the one thing I do like about college basketball though, I don't put enough money on it to worry about, so I can just walk away and not think about out it. Can't do that with football. It's nice to be able to walk away midgame and not care, I would have been trying to find an angle for an hour otherwise.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Georgia -4
Smu has played nobody, and I mean nobody. Their 1 loss came from the only top 100 team they played and they lost by 20+. Of those 8 wins, only one came from a team in the top 200! Georgia hasn't really played anyone either, but all 3 of their losses came from teams that will likely be in the tourney in march. They are home, have better rebounders, and just aren't playing complete cupcakes every game. More battle tested and at home with a small line, I'll tend to take these bets every time.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got out of this, it's in overtime so most likely will be a small win by either side, so I'll just pay my little juice and be about my way
I like Georgia -4
Smu has played nobody, and I mean nobody. Their 1 loss came from the only top 100 team they played and they lost by 20+. Of those 8 wins, only one came from a team in the top 200! Georgia hasn't really played anyone either, but all 3 of their losses came from teams that will likely be in the tourney in march. They are home, have better rebounders, and just aren't playing complete cupcakes every game. More battle tested and at home with a small line, I'll tend to take these bets every time.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm going to bet Georgia as a pk now... haha. Double overtime

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-0
Long road for 1 win, but Georgia went ahead with 14 seconds left and held out. Was a good game.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last Saturday (1-1) Even/ -0.0 Units Overall (19-15) +$400/ +4.0 Units

Recap - Memphis beat Tennessee (1-0) and Broncos failed to cover the spread but won (0-1)

Saturday-

Villanova (+2) @ Home vs Kansas - Wildcats an 8-2 dog winning all 4 home games so far

George Washington (+6.5) @ Home vs Harvard - Colonials a pretty good home town dog

1 Unit each - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (1-1) Even/ -0.0 Units Overall (20-16) +$400/ +4.0 Units

Recap - Nova beats #1 Kansas in huge game (1-0) and GW not as good as Harvard (0-1)

Saturday-

South Carolina (+10.5) @ Virginia - Cavaliers don't score very much - Game****s averaging 14 assists a game

Hawaii (-2) vs UTEP in Diamond Head Classic - Rainbows home court advantage?

1 Unit each - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last Saturday (2-0) +$200/ +2.0 Units Overall (22-16) +$600/ +6.0 Units

Recap Last Saturday - South Carolina beats Virginia on the road (1-0) and Hawaii outlasted UTEP in tournament (1-0)

Saturday-

Bradley (-1) @ Home vs Toledo - Braves are 7-0 at home - will they continue the trend?

Kentucky (-2) @ Home vs Louisville - See what the Wildcats are made of - stats pretty close

1 Unit each - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (2-0) +$200/ +2.0 Units Overall (24-16) +$800/ +8.0 Units

Recap Saturday - Bradley beat Toledo and Kentucky outlasted Louisville in OT (2-0)

Monday -

Buffalo (-2.5) @ Home vs St. Bonaventure - Bulls will try an stop 8 game winning streak of the Bonnies - long lay off since December 21st for both teams

1 Unit each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buffalo have no defence at all, that line comes off a little fishy doesn't it?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unc -6
Record is decieving. 4 of the last 5 or 6 games they have played were against top 10 teams. Yale doesn't play well on the road against teams in good divisions, averaging like 20 less per game, and this is away at unc. Unc have size and rebounding, and I believe they are one of the top teams in the country in offensive rebounds. They played well defensively all things considered against that brutal stretch of schedule. I don't think Yale can keep it to single digits here.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They gave up baskets every possession in foul time at the end, and for some reason they didn't get fouled with 6 seconds left... man... I'm hating betting right now. Everything about it, which is strange because I've hit it out of the park this year. Buffalo came through in the clutch for you ribby. Congrats.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buffalo have no defence at all, that line comes off a little fishy doesn't it?
Not to me! Bobby Hurley back a few years ago has brought a different attitude in Buffalo. Even though Hurley is now at Arizona St. The Bulls have been pretty decent.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unc -6
Record is decieving. 4 of the last 5 or 6 games they have played were against top 10 teams. Yale doesn't play well on the road against teams in good divisions, averaging like 20 less per game, and this is away at unc. Unc have size and rebounding, and I believe they are one of the top teams in the country in offensive rebounds. They played well defensively all things considered against that brutal stretch of schedule. I don't think Yale can keep it to single digits here.

I wish I wasn’t working and saw this. Yale and Harvard( who beat USF Dons on the road today) have been pretty stellar the past few years in Ivy League. Penn was pretty good a few years back but has fallen back of these two schools of late. Expect to see one of them in the big dance in March.