Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All chess junkies Gather Here!

Just played this thing of beauty (with white) 1min Bullet over at ChessAnytime.com

1min bullet

Also, if anybody knows how to upload chess PGN files please let me know.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The very interesting but dubious gambit.

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The very interesting but dubious gambit.

Not a very common opening at all but I've been very very successful with it. To the point where I'm thinking about making training videos about it and naming that opening system after me :D

Jk, but I've beaten 2100 rated players with it, in bullet and 5min Blitz.

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another 1min Bullet Beauty

This time I had black. He resigned after move 13.

Another 1min beauty

1min beauty pic

kasper447

kasper447

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner, a good game of chess. It has long been doing things you love? as an amateur or just for fun party Kata?

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner, a good game of chess. It has long been doing things you love? as an amateur or just for fun party Kata?

I love chess as much as I love poker. I've been playing serious chess since I was 14, but have stopped playing seriously since I discovered poker (about 2 years ago). I still play every day for fun though. I used to be 2107 in Blitz at Chess.com

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive dabbled in chess for the past few months and have yet to win my first game..im rated at 780 at chess.com, lol, im terrible...never played the game as a kid and only gave it a shot recently as i thought it was an interesting game....

got a couple of correspondence games going on atm and enjoying it, even if i suck balls..

you should make some videos for the beginner romeo :)

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive dabbled in chess for the past few months and have yet to win my first game..im rated at 780 at chess.com, lol, im terrible...never played the game as a kid and only gave it a shot recently as i thought it was an interesting game....

got a couple of correspondence games going on atm and enjoying it, even if i suck balls..

you should make some videos for the beginner romeo :)

Keep it up Alfie, don't give up! The first game is always the hardest to win in chess. I remember when I started... Struggled a lot but when I got my first victory I was full of joy :D

Correspondence games are a great way to get started in chess. That's how I started as well btw. Gives you ample time to think every move through without any pressure at all.

I thought about making videos about my bread and butter opening (which no one has ever covered or even uses it now a days) but not about beginners stuff. There's a lot of great free channels on youtube for beginners, intermediate and even expert levels.

These are some channels I greatly recommend: for beginners TheChessWebsite , Intermediate ChessNetwork AKA Jerry, and for experts KingsCrusher. I follow them all on youtube :)

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saved by the Buzzer!

1Min Bullet Chess. Played this one as black. Ended up checkmating him as my time was running out 0.1 seconds while he had 12 seconds! Tried to build a fortress early on after I lost an important center pawn. Turned out that the defender became the aggressor and managed to win the game at the last second! (literally).

Saved by the buzzer

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep it up Alfie, don't give up! The first game is always the hardest to win in chess. I remember when I started... Struggled a lot but when I got my first victory I was full of joy :D

Correspondence games are a great way to get started in chess. That's how I started as well btw. Gives you ample time to think every move through without any pressure at all.

I thought about making videos about my bread and butter opening (which no one has ever covered or even uses it now a days) but not about beginners stuff. There's a lot of great free channels on youtube for beginners, intermediate and even expert levels.

These are some channels I greatly recommend: for beginners TheChessWebsite , Intermediate ChessNetwork AKA Jerry, and for experts KingsCrusher. I follow them all on youtube :)

thanks for the suggestions man, appreciate it :)

yeah i'll keep playing because i do enjoy it even though ive never won a game yet haha, not even against the computer..but ive just got a new book called the 'mammoth book of chess' and it looks good, so will go through that slowly..

if you've got an account on chess.com, we could have a correspondence game if you like...could even get a post match critique going :D ...you on me that is, not the other way round lol

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the suggestions man, appreciate it :)

yeah i'll keep playing because i do enjoy it even though ive never won a game yet haha, not even against the computer..but ive just got a new book called the 'mammoth book of chess' and it looks good, so will go through that slowly..

if you've got an account on chess.com, we could have a correspondence game if you like...could even get a post match critique going :D ...you on me that is, not the other way round lol

Sure, I'm down. I made a new acc on chess.com so u can look me up with the same username as here.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of chess as well! My rating in USCF is around 1500 i think...but I haven't played a rated tournament in about 10 years lol I have chess.com if you want to play and I do bullet chess instead of blitz....i feel like blitz is too slow for me haha

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of chess as well! My rating in USCF is around 1500 i think...but I haven't played a rated tournament in about 10 years lol I have chess.com if you want to play and I do bullet chess instead of blitz....i feel like blitz is too slow for me haha

Yeah me neither lol. I no longer play at chess.com because the site is way too slow. I now play at ChessAnytime. Same username. Let me know when you wanna get a match going :)

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah me neither lol. I no longer play at chess.com because the site is way too slow. I now play at ChessAnytime. Same username. Let me know when you wanna get a match going :)

do they have a mobile App?

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just signed up and added you! btw, why is chess.com slow to you? they have both live and correspondence. they also have live tournaments. Some clubs give away money lol

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just signed up and added you! btw, why is chess.com slow to you? they have both live and correspondence. they also have live tournaments. Some clubs give away money lol

What I meant is that my connection always lags in that site for some reason. It's been like that forever and I have had different Internet Providers and it's still slow.

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more 1minute Magic... Royal Mate ;)

Royal Mate

btw I meant to play Qc2 not Qc1 on move 13 XD

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lichess

Took a tourney down on Lichess.org
It was great fun! Give me that 1st place confetti!!!

Took one down

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make it 2 in a row! Managed to hold on at the end thanks to the big cushion I had built.

2 in a row

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Add me on chess.com. My user is: rickypr18

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
b4!?

Orangutan´s opening! Not very commun but definetly a good one to surprise your oponent! I have played it at least 3 times in tournaments with excelents results!

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Orangutan´s opening! Not very commun but definetly a good one to surprise your oponent! I have played it at least 3 times in tournaments with excelents results!

yes, indeed. I use it myself all the time with great success. Tons of preparation required to refute all the tricks and lines I got up my sleeve.

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play Online

Which sites are good for playing chess for free online?

I usually play at chess.com and know some other site but I would love to know more!