Cardschat 2018 March Madness Group

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... Who knew.

Who knew that a #1 seed would fall in the first round.

Not me. Not most.

But tonight Virginia, a #1 seed lost. First time a #1 loses in the first round. Those that have Virginia going deep or winning the whole thing....

The garbage pail is to your left. Toss your crumpled up bracket there and walk out slowly. There will be a line.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But tonight Virginia, a #1 seed lost. First time a #1 loses in the first round. Those that have Virginia going deep or winning the whole thing....

The garbage pail is to your left. Toss your crumpled up bracket there and walk out slowly. There will be a line.

LOL never mind my bracket, I had them at +700 to win the tournament. Still live with Villanova at least...

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well...what a crazy end to the first round. Never before has a 16 beat a 1, let alone the overall #1, let alone by 20 points, but it happened last night.

And yet somehow all of our brackets are intact! Except Kcanuck...can't help you on that one.

Only three wins separate the top from the bottom so this is still anyone's to take. Round 2 gets underway in a few hours - here's hoping Cinderella isn't still kicking around to knock out UNC, Villanova or Michigan State!

Oz, myself and ThatGuy lead at 24/32, Ribby is one back at 23/32, Kcanuck is two back at 22/32 and t1riel is in 6th with a 21/32 record.

Good luck this weekend!

Attachments

• March Madness Day 2.JPG
    March Madness Day 2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 25
ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm hoping as a fan of Syracuse they pull the upset off.

As a bracket owner that didn't pick them I hope the seeds work out the way they should.
Thats a W for the CUSE!!!

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had a good day 1, you probably had a good day 3 of March Madness. Oz & I did, and we bot went 7/8, both missing the 11 seed Loyola-Chicago beating #3 Tennessee. Thatguy and t1riel also both missed Loyola-Chicago, but ThatGuy also missed on Kentucky (had Arizona) and t1riel missed Duke (had Oklahoma).

Day 4 begins today - could UMBC pull another upset off? UNC and Michigan State both go today and several of us have them winning the title. Going to be a great day to end weekend one! GL everyone

Attachments

• March Madness Day 3.JPG
    March Madness Day 3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 19
ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Syracuse plays Michigan State today...I know at least one person in this pool rooting against you!
Foolish foolish foolish.
The biggest issue Cuse had was that the team is composed mostly of freshmen with no experience.Two games in the tourney and two games in the ACC tourney and they are now ready for anything.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also anyone who bets against Boehiem is pretty crazy. One of the best coaches in college basketball history. To be honest, the only coach who is better is Coach K. It's absurd that some people think that Coach Williams is on their level.

Last edited:
ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And there it is!
Another W for the Cuse. Heading into the Sweet Sixteen, about to take on their ACC rival Duke (the evil empire).
Playing 7 deep + ME!

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
And there it is!
Another W for the Cuse. Heading into the Sweet Sixteen, about to take on their ACC rival Duke (the evil empire).
Playing 7 deep + ME!

I was waiting for this post.

Sorry Ribby - your bracket just broke into a thousand pieces...

Cuse did look good - I'm not so sure they can get past Duke though...

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Look, Duke isn't going to be a cakewalk and that is only because they have seen the zone plenty.
It's going to be tough, but Cuse thrives on being the underdog and crushing dreams.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Speaking of busted brackets, how'd that UNC game work out ;)lol

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have Cuse winning it all, as I'm sure y'all would assume. Sucks though that Cuse has to play another ACC team in Sweet 16.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
UNC = Broken bracket.

Cuse = One hell of a possible Cinderella story.

We're through two full rounds of the tournament - and what a tournament it's been! Upsets all over the place...but how are the brackets holding up?

Oz is all alone at 420 points, with myself and Chase 20 points back. t1riel is 30 points back, tied with Ribby, and kcanuck is in 6th with 360 points.

This will be a two horse race if Villanova goes all the way - where this gets interesting is if they drop next....

Attachments

• March Madness Day 4.JPG
    March Madness Day 4.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 33
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is Club WPT as a site?

I enjoy Club WPT a lot! I am a VIP member so I get to play in all the tournaments. You can win cash and trips to poker events. Check it out sometime!

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UNC = Broken bracket.

Cuse = One hell of a possible Cinderella story.

We're through two full rounds of the tournament - and what a tournament it's been! Upsets all over the place...but how are the brackets holding up?

Oz is all alone at 420 points, with myself and Chase 20 points back. t1riel is 30 points back, tied with Ribby, and kcanuck is in 6th with 360 points.

This will be a two horse race if Villanova goes all the way - where this gets interesting is if they drop next....

Cuse is certainly a Cinderella story if you are referring to how gorgeous Jim Boeheim is.
If you are insinuating that the Cuse team is a Cinderella story to win the NCAA tournament than you are crazy. They are no underdog regardless of what the bookies in Vegas say!!!
CUSE TO WIN IT ALL

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

LOLwut - me being in the lead proves that dumb luck is the biggest determining factor here :D

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOLwut - me being in the lead proves that dumb luck is the biggest determining factor here :D
I mean it is college basketball. Pretty difficult to predict what is going to happen. The momentum is such a major part of the game that it is just as important as skill.
Frankly, I believe that underdogs have such a huge advantage in the NCAA tourney because everyone is rooting for them.
On the other hand, the teams such as Cuse were everyone was upset that they made it into the tourney in the first place use that as fuel to win games. Also they have Jim Boeheim (who as already discussed is the second-best college basketball coach in history... Unfortunately he is going up against the best today).

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well...then there were 8.

The Sweet 16 happened over the last two days and let's just say the upsets killed our brackets.

Oz still leads after getting 4/8 right, while myself & t1riel got 3/8 to stay close. It'll all come down to how far Villanova goes - if they get into the Final 4, Oz may have this wrapped up.

Too bad for 'Cuse - the Devils got the better of them last night but good to see double digit seeds make the sweet 16. Heck, Loyola-Chicago made the elite 8! Crazy year.

GL in this weekend!

Attachments

• March Madness Sweet 16.JPG
    March Madness Sweet 16.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 22
ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...then there were 8.

The Sweet 16 happened over the last two days and let's just say the upsets killed our brackets.

Oz still leads after getting 4/8 right, while myself & t1riel got 3/8 to stay close. It'll all come down to how far Villanova goes - if they get into the Final 4, Oz may have this wrapped up.

Too bad for 'Cuse - the Devils got the better of them last night but good to see double digit seeds make the sweet 16. Heck, Loyola-Chicago made the elite 8! Crazy year.

GL in this weekend!
Just an absolute travesty. Although Duke was the better team, I truly believe that Syracuse was going to win that game from the first minutes. Even at halftime, a 7 point deficit for Cuse in the tourney is nothing.
Had Duke on their heels a few times, but Cuse couldn't put a little run together late in the game to make the move.
Truly fantastic though to watch the two best coaches in NCAA basketball history go against eachother in the tourney.
Looks like I will now be rooting for Loyola!!!
For the underdogs!

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that the Final Four is set...that I'm fairly certain no one predicted all four teams, we can officially congratulate Oz for winning this group! There's no way anyone can catch him as most of us have Villanova winning on Saturday, but he & Chase have them winning on Monday next week to. So congrats Oz!!!

Enjoy the Final 4 - going to be a fun double header on Saturday for sure! Thanks everyone for participating and hopefully next year we can get many more brackets in here!

Attachments

• March Madness Elite 8.JPG
    March Madness Elite 8.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 18
thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun little tournament guys! Minus all the upsets and wrong picks my bracket was basically perfect lol. Hope to see y'all next year after I perfect all these algorithms to account for the presence of nuns at the games :D. Thanks CRStals for running the challenge and congrats to Oz. Hope to see y'all at the tables :ciao:

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun little tournament guys! Minus all the upsets and wrong picks my bracket was basically perfect lol. Hope to see y'all next year after I perfect all these algorithms to account for the presence of nuns at the games :D. Thanks CRStals for running the challenge and congrats to Oz. Hope to see y'all at the tables :ciao:
The upsets are what March Madness are all about.
Would be pretty boring in my opinion if the final 4 were just the #1 seeds.
Have to say with Cuse going to the Sweet Sixteen and UVA losing in the first round this might have been the best tourney in years.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's it!

Villanova are the national champions and congratulations to Oz for picking the best bracket! Big thumbs up to Chase - both picked the champs which helped propel their brackets to the top. Oz finished in the 98.2 percentile of over 17 million brackets - well done!!!

Hope you had fun and I really want to see many more participate next year!!

Attachments

• March Madness Final.JPG
    March Madness Final.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent job Oz on a great bracket! Well done! A pat on the back to Chase for 2nd place. Thanks CRStals on setting this up for us!