Buying Newcastle

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know many fans of the English League here. I don’t know. You heard about the purchase of Newcastle by a Saudi investment fund. Now the owner of the club is the richest man on the planet. What do you think of it ? My personal opinion is that with such finances the club will soon be in the top 5 English teams.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I decide everything. Remember Mans City 15 years ago) I don't know if they will be in the top 5 right away but in 2-3 years it is quite possible

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another top club will be more in England

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Newcastle United (magpies) is a club with a great history. They should win the League over the next years. Alan Shearer would have approved the deal.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
That saudi investment many of her are fake

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a true,it will be very intererstong in the premiership.
Newcastle is good team with very good supporters and with good history.
So it will be interesting.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hopefully this will happen, but we've been here before many times though this one appears to be more advanced, being a top team would be nice but getting the current owner out has been a top priority for a while, I as many others did gave up my season ticket of 20+ years before this season started, I had enough of giving him my hard earned money.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If this helps them to get into european competion then good for them ...

Not sure exactly but i believe last time Newcastle actually played in european competion they also visited us :)
[ame="https://youtube.com/watch?v=gO0K-fmCzFQ"]Levadia 0:1 Newcastle 2006 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://youtube.com/watch?v=kZf1214O4x0"]Newcastle 2-1 Levadia - YouTube[/ame]

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully this will happen, but we've been here before many times though this one appears to be more advanced, being a top team would be nice but getting the current owner out has been a top priority for a while, I as many others did gave up my season ticket of 20+ years before this season started, I had enough of giving him my hard earned money.

Martin, if I understand correctly, you live in England and are a fan of this club. I would like to personally ask you how you feel about the rumors that go about the prince of Saudi Arabia who will essentially become the owner of the club. That he is involved in money laundering and kidnapping people. Will these rumors not affect the club’s reputation and will this deal benefit? Personally, I know that many fans of the club were against this purchase.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's not forget financial fair play rules. You can't just throw unlimited money at a club. Manchester City have done this exact thing and now have a ban from European competition and may well be sanctioned by the Premier League as well. What they have done is bad for the game.

K

keykeyas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it will be the 2nd Man City probably

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Newcastle will now be the second Manchester City, and plus another team in the fight for the champion:call2:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can't wait to see which players they will bring and which coach will take over the team from next season. :lollypop:

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait to see which players they will bring and which coach will take over the team from next season. :lollypop:

I read that the team may be led by Mauricio Pochettino. Now negotiations are underway with him. His condition was that the club bought Filippo Coutinho. It all depends now whether the club management can agree on the purchase of a player!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Looks like this has officially happened now. I wonder who their first (mega) buy is going to be :dontknow:

Also they are probably delighted that next time in european competion (probably) dont have to face average teams like Bratislava, Levadia, Vaduz or whatever ...

Still it probably takes them like 3-5+ years to actually start competing for titles (and/or european places) - i should imagine Man City "waited" this long aswell so ...

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The team will likely make big signings next season and will be extremely competitive.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Looks like this has officially happened now. I wonder who their first (mega) buy is going to be :dontknow:

Also they are probably delighted that next time in european competion (probably) dont have to face average teams like Bratislava, Levadia, Vaduz or whatever ...

Still it probably takes them like 3-5+ years to actually start competing for titles (and/or european places) - i should imagine Man City "waited" this long aswell so ...

It will all take time to get back to European nights but I'm sure they will come, to be honest for me it isn't about the big mega buys or richest owners in football, it is about getting rid of Ashley who has been a leech to the club with no thought to advancing or improving.

Pre season we went to use York Universitie's facilities as our training facility is so bad, it will be good to see the end of those sports direct signs plastered all over our once great stadium which has been left to rot under Ashley, he's sold land off around the stadium and taken tv money which never went back into the team or facilities.

I'm hoping we might even win a game soon :D

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So much time had passed from the initial rumor to the completion of the deal, announced today, that I didn't believe it would happen.

Looking forward to following this new phase of Newcastle.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of all the clubs to have spent big in the modern era, only Blackburn, Chelsea and Man City have traslated it to success. Blackburn's was very short lived, and Chelsea were already in the Champions League and regularly picking up trophys and spending big anyway when Abramovich took over.
Middlesbrough probably spent more money than Blackburn in the 90s and were relegated within 2 years. In more recent memory, QPR, Aston Villa (under Randy Lerner), Everton and to an extent Sunderland have spent big with no reward - in fact they've all ended up worse than before the spending started.
I guess I'm saying throwing money at it isn't a guarantee for success. The recruitment's got to be good, both players and coaches. The director of football has to be on the same page as the manager, the players have to have the hunger and desire and work ethic to succeed as well as ability.
And that's before we even get in to so called financial fair play

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Premier League clubs are unhappy that Newcastle has acquired a consortium related to the Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman. Furious clubs have attacked the league with complaints over the Newcastle sale and are pushing for an emergency next week. According to The Guardian, 19 clubs have banded together against a consortium that has been allowed to buy Newcastle. They asked the league for information on why the deal was approved and why they received so little data on the matter. Clubs have expressed concern that the Premier League brand could be harmed by the Saudi Arabian State Investment Fund (PIF) acquiring 80% of Newcastle's shares. The deal, in particular, has been heavily criticized by human rights groups, particularly as the SDF, a state-owned sovereign wealth fund, is controlled by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. It is also noted that the Premier League clubs could be concerned about the fact that the financial injections into Newcastle will lead to inflated transfer fees and wages.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, the purchase of Newcastle is an October sensation, unexpectedly very much. But I don’t think that in a short time they will be in the top 4 Premier League, money doesn’t solve everything. I have supported Liverpool since 2014, they are not the richest among other Premier League clubs, but nevertheless they became world champions, the Premier League and other awards they also have in their piggy bank. The main thing is people, real football fans - the coach, the players themselves and of course the fans who are with them in joy and sorrow! I hope that Newcastle will also find its awards, it will be interesting to see, of course, what place the club will occupy at the end of the season ..

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This team deserves to be in the battle of European spots than battling for the relegation every year. But many people think now they will buy 11 brutal stars and will start smashing the opponents the next season, but the real truth is other - it is not possible and it will need a lot of time this team to become a team that the others will be scared of it, but the future seems to be bright for Newcastle/

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
of all the clubs to have spent big in the modern era, only Blackburn, Chelsea and Man City have traslated it to success. Blackburn's was very short lived, and Chelsea were already in the Champions League and regularly picking up trophys and spending big anyway when Abramovich took over.
Middlesbrough probably spent more money than Blackburn in the 90s and were relegated within 2 years. In more recent memory, QPR, Aston Villa (under Randy Lerner), Everton and to an extent Sunderland have spent big with no reward - in fact they've all ended up worse than before the spending started.
I guess I'm saying throwing money at it isn't a guarantee for success. The recruitment's got to be good, both players and coaches. The director of football has to be on the same page as the manager, the players have to have the hunger and desire and work ethic to succeed as well as ability.
And that's before we even get in to so called financial fair play

Could not agree more. Just look at Arsenal.

First brilliance from Wenger then quite a decline under his extended management. A new Stadium and ownership under billionaires but trading off the Invincibles (03/04) had its sell by date. Even today, I think they are essentially lost as a club culture, which is deflating.

Political considerations aside, if the new investment group at Newcastle does a Paris St Germain, things could be great. The owners there (obviously Middle Eastern Royalty also) essentially rebuilt the club, invested in the stadium and training facilities but then worked really hard on developing community relations. They elevated everything about the club not just the players roster.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The English Premier League will be even more interesting, I think in 2-3 years will be in the Champions League