Broncos trade for Joe Flacco

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Keenum is going to the Skins for a 6th rounder. Looks as if the Skins are on the same wagon as Elway Ha

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never liked Flacco way overpaid ,might do better in Denver but I’m not a fan

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like Keenum is going to the Skins for a 6th rounder. Looks as if the Skins are on the same wagon as Elway Ha

...but not really. Full details on the trade here: http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/26174723/sources-broncos-trading-keenum-redskins

The Broncos aren't even getting a sixth-rounder in return for Keenum, they're just swapping Washington's 2020 sixth rounder for their 2020 seventh rounder.

Washington, on the other hand, are getting Keenum for just $3.5 million because his deal has been restructured and Denver are going to pay the other half of it.

As far as QB deals go, I like the Washington side of this a lot more - Keenum for $3.5m is way better value than Flacco for $18.5m

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with Oz, Washington is definitely getting the better value deal

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Picking between Keenum and Flacco at this point is like asking if you would rather have a blue or green trash can I would have just gotten through to next years draft which will have a lot more options at quarterback and get someone who might still be there in 5 years

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Picking between Keenum and Flacco at this point is like asking if you would rather have a blue or green trash can I would have just gotten through to next years draft which will have a lot more options at quarterback and get someone who might still be there in 5 years

Except in this case it wasn't choosing between a blue or a green trash can - it was choosing between a $3.5 million trash can and an $18.5 million one. I know which one I would have stuck with :p

(Yes, I know the Broncos would have paid more than $3.5 million for Keenum if they had have stuck with him, but the principle still stands :p )

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again oz hit the nail on the head, it's all about the value, and the surplus that Washington can add bc of keenums cheap deal

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Except in this case it wasn't choosing between a blue or a green trash can - it was choosing between a $3.5 million trash can and an $18.5 million one. I know which one I would have stuck with :p

(Yes, I know the Broncos would have paid more than $3.5 million for Keenum if they had have stuck with him, but the principle still stands :p )

Flacco however is still the better Option. Did they pay? Sure. But When the season ends they will gain more value out of Flacco because He has more range then keenum. Everybody doubts Flaccos Ability but yet , Who has he had on Offense these past 2 years? Keenum had some well Rounded talent and still couldn't throw for more than 200 yards a game. Flacco is an Upgrade and Whomever they decide to blow their wad on in the Draft (most likely haskins)will have a Well Rounded teacher. Flacco isn't a waste