Bodybuilding/Weightlifting Discussion Thread

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well nutrition is THE most important thing. Even on roids.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So I finally know whats wrong with me - I miss lactase, thats the enzyme for digusting lactose, so basically i cant eat anything dairy or any other milk or milk product. So the whey protein i was eating whole year was basically doing me the worst. At least i finally know whats wrong with me and I can comeback maybe :)
I'm suspicious that I suffer from the same problem

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm suspicious that I suffer from the same problem

Hi Michel.
I have read many articles and studies about this topic from the day doctor told me about my diagnose. Many studies say that a mature human CAN NOT digest lactose, because the lactase just disappears from their body when they get mature. Only small children can digest the lactose...

However my whole family eats dairy products and does fine. It may vary from person to person I think. If you feel that way, definitely go see a doctor.
There are 2 common ways of discovering whether you miss lactase or dont.
The first one is by blood tests - however, my blood tests were fine (even the repeated ones). The second one is biopsy of your duodenum. For me only the biopsy results discovered my illness. Dont be scared of the biopsy - its not lets say comfortable but its definitely not that bad and its nothing you should be afraid of :)

Or you can try not eating dairy products at all. This may be difficult because for example dairy is found in milk chocolate etc. which means you will have to really look on what you eat.
If you try this lacto-free diet, try to withstand it for at least a month or two. If you suffer from diarhea or something the results may show up even after a few days but long-term symptoms will like acne etc. will need more time to get cured.

Hope you get well :)

GameTheoryOptional

GameTheoryOptional

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a personal trainer and I love powerlifting although I have never competed. I weigh 180 lbs (81kg), bench 290 (131.54), squat 375 (170.9) and I deadlift 520 (235.86). My Instagram is Regular_Size_Rudy and if anyone has any diet or exercise questions I would be happy to help.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Michel.
I have read many articles and studies about this topic from the day doctor told me about my diagnose. Many studies say that a mature human CAN NOT digest lactose, because the lactase just disappears from their body when they get mature. Only small children can digest the lactose...

However my whole family eats dairy products and does fine. It may vary from person to person I think. If you feel that way, definitely go see a doctor.
There are 2 common ways of discovering whether you miss lactase or dont.
The first one is by blood tests - however, my blood tests were fine (even the repeated ones). The second one is biopsy of your duodenum. For me only the biopsy results discovered my illness. Dont be scared of the biopsy - its not lets say comfortable but its definitely not that bad and its nothing you should be afraid of :)

Or you can try not eating dairy products at all. This may be difficult because for example dairy is found in milk chocolate etc. which means you will have to really look on what you eat.
If you try this lacto-free diet, try to withstand it for at least a month or two. If you suffer from diarhea or something the results may show up even after a few days but long-term symptoms will like acne etc. will need more time to get cured.

Hope you get well :)
Thanks, Ahoy

This morning I did blood tests. Results get ready on Friday.

I'm losing weight in addition to these so-called lactose intolerance problems. I hope that the results are the best and that everything is resolved. A little tense these moments. Biopsy then frightens you even more.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi friend, dont really worry.

Trust me :)
I survived it a few weeks ago and its not that bad, dont worry :)
I also lost weight heavy whilst eating lactose while i had the intolerance.
Dont forget to tell us about your tests at the friday
Good luck and health to you brother :)

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi friend, dont really worry.

Trust me :)
I survived it a few weeks ago and its not that bad, dont worry :)
I also lost weight heavy whilst eating lactose while i had the intolerance.
Dont forget to tell us about your tests at the friday
Good luck and health to you brother :)
Good to know that you also lost weight, I was kind of worried. The worst thing is to search the internet, you just find only serious illnesses...

Thanks for the words my friend

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh YEAH of course.
I also searched and found some horrific results :D
You just cant worry so much, it will be fine :)

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i registered to a crossfit box. although i enjoy! it very much, unfortunately i'm not attending to it regularly. it's very tiring though!