Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker fellas.
Do you lift? Are you interested in bodybuilding/lifting in general?
Lets talk about your diets, your training plans, supplementation, etc.
Post your maximums if you want, or even pics, rates or whatever.
For example I´m:
185cm tall ( 6 feet)
70kg
my arm circuit is 40cm
my chest circuit is 110cm

So I will start:
I was always underweight.
I started lifting circa 3 years ago.
The first year was nothing much of a deal, since I was just starting and knew nothing about the whole thing. I just went to the gym few times a week, didn´t enjoy it in any way, and I was not even thinking about any diet.

After some time, one glorious day, I said to myself that I need to change something, if I want myself changed. So basically I started eating more properly, which meant eating MORE in general.

After this glorious day, two months have passed and I gained 8kilograms of weight. I was happy as ever and I continue to train with enthusiasm to this day. I learned many new things, basically, now I am in a state where I gain weight more slowly than I used to, but I gain only clear muscle, any kind of fat or anything.

Lifting made me happy in many ways, mostly my self-belief and willpower raised a lot.

And what about you? :)

IronHaji1989

IronHaji1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I used to do a lot of double days in the gym and then lost motivation.

I still do my fair share of training at the soccer field.

I'm about 5'11 in height
170 lbs (haven't checked in a while)

I found it very difficult to gain mass because I found zero motivation to eat after training sessions. Almost having to force myself to eat and it was very unpleasant... other days I couldn't stop eating lol!

My days were jammed with endurance training (swimming cycling and running) as well as time in the gym to maintain a solid strength training program.

Days were usually as such

Monday Swim 1-2km / Run 2-4 miles
Tuesday Weights (chest, tricep, shoulders)
Wednesday - Cycling 20-40 km / Swim 1-2km
Thursday - Sprinting (10 x 200) / Swimming 1-2 km
Friday - Cycling (1-2 hrs)
Saturday off
Sunday off (stretching, yoga, massage)

It started much less but as your fitness grows the body becomes more efficient at recovery and depending on intensity as well

I recommend doing a fair share of yoga in your program to maintain all round flexibility.

Anyway good luck with your fitness!

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im on teh same boat. Underweight. I find it very difficult to gain weight.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the problem of not-eating. One summer changed that, I forced myself to eat as often as possible and I got used to it. Now I eat like 3x more than I used to, and my bulk is going fine but I dont want to gain so much fat again, I prefer slow gains and lean muscle so I dont eat so much carbs now.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update of my current state :
Currently, I have a really bad diarrhea... But not only today, it started like half a year ago time to time it comes back... really bad, need to go on straight diet and let my liver get fit.. :/

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love liftinig,this is my 4 year and i rly love that.
It is healthy,you are stronger,you look better.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love liftinig,this is my 4 year and i rly love that.
It is healthy,you are stronger,you look better.

Agreed. Its a Win-Win sport and hobby :)

I just need to get fit

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So today is my last day at hospital with my strong diarrhea. So far I passed many tests some of them were not so comfortable but I expected even worse so, sp far so good. So far, noone knows whats my diagnosis so I will have to surpass some more tests. But I am glad that nothing really dangerous was confirmed so I am pretty happy right now and I hope I will get well soon so I can stick to my diet fully again and start lifting again. Btw I lost 15 kilograms to this day :(

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So today is my last day at hospital with my strong diarrhea. So far I passed many tests some of them were not so comfortable but I expected even worse so, sp far so good. So far, noone knows whats my diagnosis so I will have to surpass some more tests. But I am glad that nothing really dangerous was confirmed so I am pretty happy right now and I hope I will get well soon so I can stick to my diet fully again and start lifting again. Btw I lost 15 kilograms to this day :(

Rly bad,but only you must understand you will comeback,ofc if you want.
Sometime this happen,you are sick,you have pain in muscle,but always you must continue what you love,in this case it is lifting.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lift weights daily and pushups OFC. Just to be fit. :)
Sometimes, especially weekdays after work it's very hard for me to do it, but I always find at least 15 mins to do it. Plus I do cycling too.

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am lazy ass to lift. Only working with my own weight

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I will comeback, and I will comeback 10 times stronger than I was before. But now I need to examine what my health issues are and cure them. Thats the priority. With this bad diarrhea I cant lift, not even eat properly. :/

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i do,i started like 3 months ago and gonna do it for 9 months more,and then just keep my form by exercises at home

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hello poker fellas.
Do you lift? Are you interested in bodybuilding/lifting in general?
Lets talk about your diets, your training plans, supplementation, etc.
Post your maximums if you want, or even pics, rates or whatever.

You will probably get a better response if you ask to get the thread title changed to something like Weightlifting/Bodybuilding discussion thread.

As it is now it doesn't explain what the thread is about and some members don't give some threads attention due to the title not being clear.

You can use the little red triangle on the top right of your OP and ask the mods to change the thread title if you like.

:top:

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do alot of sit ups, off the couch to grab the ps4 controller. I also like crunchs...of Doritios. I like working up a sweat...of jalapenos in my tacos...LOL you get my point :p

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I figured I'd read about some boring workout routines, instead half the messages are about diarrhea. It's funny to read. I lifted in college, but now I focus on bodyweight exercises like pull-ups, chin-ups with various hybrid grips. Cardio 5 days a week with plenty of swimming during the summer and I'm more fit at 37 than 25.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hah Im really glad someone responded :)
So I am fully back at my routine, gained 4kg already back :)
Hoping for good muscle growth...
Althorough the bad diarrhea, I lost some bellyfat and thats really good :)

L

LalaBliss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am female and I mainly run on treadmill. Each day 30 minutes running and then I do abs and hands. Also I work on my butt. So in total I train 1 hour and 30 minutes a day. That one hour is abs, legs, ass, arms, back, atc... depending on the day and on the mood. Running is good for those who want to loose wight :p I weight 66.6kg and I am tall 1.68 meters. :) I am not buff at all. I am just fit. I think buff girls look bad haha

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im glad there are girls that care about their aestehetics, glad to hear that :) I love fit girls, who doesnt right? :)

S

Sweetchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love to lift doing this about 6 years, but now working on Ironman next year.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I finally know whats wrong with me - I miss lactase, thats the enzyme for digusting lactose, so basically i cant eat anything dairy or any other milk or milk product. So the whey protein i was eating whole year was basically doing me the worst. At least i finally know whats wrong with me and I can comeback maybe :)

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't lift as seriously as I used to, and I have 0 diet so that doesn't help. But my arms have always been freakishly large for my frame. Currently 215lbs 5'10 and my arms are about 18.5" pumped

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I train with my weight, to feel strong. I eat whatever I want.
Measurements do not. I rather see the results during training.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I train with my weight, to feel strong. I eat whatever I want.
Measurements do not. I rather see the results during training.

There is not true results without good food.
80% of good loking is food,20% is right trening and last 10% go for suplements.Ofc this go without steroids,with steroids is another story!

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not true results without good food.
80% of good loking is food,20% is right trening and last 10% go for suplements.Ofc this go without steroids,with steroids is another story!
Maybe I should think about it.However, now I have more important tasks and targets on which I focus. Therefore, I will keep the usual mode.