Billiards - all types

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Billiards I don't play but love watching snooker. John Higgins is the best player.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play in the bar with at least ten bottles of beer.

Egorov Alex

Egorov Alex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snooker is a beautiful statement of the cue ball that hinder the game of the opponent. A lot of advertising. Have you tried playing snooker yourself?

D

DUSTIN BRYAN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 9 ball 8 ball and 1 pocket tournaments and have played in an APA 8 ball league

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play back in the smoke-filled poolhalls,with guys named `skinny Mike` and Tony `the animal`,,,i`d make runs to the store for cigs amid other `little` things so i could hang-out with the older guys.(prob not the best place for a 10yr old)When i was older and started to go to bars,i discovered 8-ball,,,i pretty much didn`t have to pay for a beer in my 20`s,,,lol.;)

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That looks hard!
Yeah. Russian Billiards is heavier than snooker or pool. But if you learn to play it then you will like and you will be difficult to drive away from the table, even if someone will pull you by the ears.

Last edited:
Egorov Alex

Egorov Alex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being often on business trips, after work, my colleagues and I often played Russian Billiards. Very exciting. After playing this type of Billiards, others are simply not perceived as Billiards. Getting into small pockets is very difficult. But it is impossible to break away from the game.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the game but long time since I last played... Great game.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play snooker and pool and Ronnie the rocket o Sullivan is the best snooker player ever

Egorov Alex

Egorov Alex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mark Selby; Ronnie O'sullivan; mark Allen; Stephen McGuire; the Dean Jungo; Alan McManus are outstanding players in snooker. And who knows the best players in Russian Billiards?

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play billiard each day in the coffee place

may be we should make an online tournament if there is a lot of fans

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Massey

My son and I used to shoot A LOT!! together because he wanted to learn how to be a pool shark.
So..... I taught him the basics down at the local pool hall.
9 ball
8 ball
3 ball

He got pretty good at it.

((fast forward in time a little))

About 2 years after he had started playing, Mike Massey came to town, to the pool hall we lived at. (note the word lived)
Massey was putting on a show, trick shots and such.

Massey played a game of 8 ball after all of his trick shot performances, with 4 different locals there in the pool hall. My son was one of them.
Tony was the youngest of the bunch, so Massey paid him a little more attention, and chatted with him quite a bit.
After all the fun was over, Massey left, and the pool hall went back to being a pool hall.

Right before we leave, my son Tony tells me he needs to come back the next day at 10am.
The next day was Sunday. The place didn't open till after 1pm.
Tony said he was talking to Massey, and he told Massey about that 60's Gibson country and western guitar I'd given him.

((fast forward again...))

My son shot pool with Mike Massey.........on a Saturday night....
and they played guitar with him on a Sunday morning, while Massey sang gospel songs.
For about 30 minutes It wasn't long.
Mike Massey's a busy man you know.

There's more..but that's the just of it.
My son now owns a 60's Gibson guitar I gave him....that Mike Massey once played.

It really is.....a cooooollll...realm I live in.

ANYWHOOO.........

here's a picture I dug up ...
The young man on the left is....Joey, the preachers son.
The young man in the middle is....Byron, the churches black sheep.
The guy on the right is......... just there as a prop. Pay him no never mind, he's just there to make sure the black sheep and the preachers son....understand that fun is a good thing.
And shooting pool....is fun.

OH!!...and the pool hall?.....well that's where I once got to go see Mike Massey play guitar at an invitation only sit in on a Sunday morning. :thrasher:

You folks ever come to Pensacola, check out 9 mile Billiards.
NO gambling NOW!!! :D

Attachments

• 9 Mile Billiards  Joey Collins, Byron Hubble, me  May 2 2013.jpg
    9 Mile Billiards Joey Collins, Byron Hubble, me May 2 2013.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 8
JDCT12

JDCT12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love billiards. Jsut played at a local spot last week. We played 8 ball and strait pool

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love a snooker idol Ronnie O.Sullivan

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My son and I used to shoot A LOT!! together because he wanted to learn how to be a pool shark.
So..... I taught him the basics down at the local pool hall.
9 ball
8 ball
3 ball

He got pretty good at it.

((fast forward in time a little))

About 2 years after he had started playing, Mike Massey came to town, to the pool hall we lived at. (note the word lived)
Massey was putting on a show, trick shots and such.

Massey played a game of 8 ball after all of his trick shot performances, with 4 different locals there in the pool hall. My son was one of them.
Tony was the youngest of the bunch, so Massey paid him a little more attention, and chatted with him quite a bit.
After all the fun was over, Massey left, and the pool hall went back to being a pool hall.

Right before we leave, my son Tony tells me he needs to come back the next day at 10am.
The next day was Sunday. The place didn't open till after 1pm.
Tony said he was talking to Massey, and he told Massey about that 60's Gibson country and western guitar I'd given him.

((fast forward again...))

My son shot pool with Mike Massey.........on a Saturday night....
and they played guitar with him on a Sunday morning, while Massey sang gospel songs.
For about 30 minutes It wasn't long.
Mike Massey's a busy man you know.

There's more..but that's the just of it.
My son now owns a 60's Gibson guitar I gave him....that Mike Massey once played.

It really is.....a cooooollll...realm I live in.

ANYWHOOO.........

here's a picture I dug up ...
The young man on the left is....Joey, the preachers son.
The young man in the middle is....Byron, the churches black sheep.
The guy on the right is......... just there as a prop. Pay him no never mind, he's just there to make sure the black sheep and the preachers son....understand that fun is a good thing.
And shooting pool....is fun.

OH!!...and the pool hall?.....well that's where I once got to go see Mike Massey play guitar at an invitation only sit in on a Sunday morning. :thrasher:

You folks ever come to Pensacola, check out 9 mile Billiards.
NO GAMBLING NOW!!! :D

I saw Mike Massey about 30 years ago - guess he is still around doing his thing!

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw Mike Massey about 30 years ago - guess he is still around doing his thing!

It was 7 years ago I believe, 2011, when I got to see him and all that went down.
It was cool enough just watching his tricks, but him taking the time to play that guitar with my son privately was a hoot.

I gauge time and events by kids ages. ;)

gunit

gunit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ronnie O'sullivan snooker player !!!Has typed 14 a maximum in career))) it has occured today !!!