Best Driver in Formula one?

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to say because not every one drive the same car.
But when all the cars are equal, i still think it will be between Lewis, Max and Sabastian. So when i have to choose between them, i would go for Max.
This because of his age, he is already good at this age, and can only get better.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Senna drove when there were almost no rules with the turbos, and he drove with engines making over 1200hp to the wheels. I think he would do just fine.

I said I thought he was the GOAT, there is no higher praise than that.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a talented rider, he very effectively won the junior series of races. He was thrown out in the middle of the formula one, but then his reputation was restored, he would return to this team again in 2019. He is certainly a good racer, but his girlfriend is the daughter of a three-time world champion, and his manager is the son of the former owner of the formula! He was returned due to corruption, but he also has every right to speak for talent.

Every single pilot to ever race in F1 is going to be better than 99% of all of the drivers in pro racing. Of course they are amazing drivers. If they were not, they wouldn't be tasked with piloting cars that can cost upwards of 100 million dollars a piece, in races where billions of dollars are on the line. But we are talking about who is the best of the best, not who is a great driver.

It doesn't even matter if they ever win a race, just getting to compete in F1 is like reaching the summit of everest. But just making it to the very top doesn't make you the best; you have to compete and perform as the best and beat all of the other drivers, including your own team mate, in order to even be considered the best of the best.

My favorite driver would probably be Kimi R. but I would never call him the best driver. From the past five years, hands down it goes to Hamilton, if we are going by performance.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said I thought he was the GOAT, there is no higher praise than that.

I know. And I understand what you mean about the cars being much different now than before. Each era of F1 has such different cars and technology, so I see what you mean. I was just saying that I think Senna was so good, and seeing how he drove those insane turbo cars from the mid 80's, that he could have likely handled any car they threw at him, from any era.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ayrton Senna. He is a legend.

If I have to pick from the current pilots: Hamilton. It's not a suprise that his icon is Ayrton Senna. :D

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the pilot must be contextualized in the era in which he competed so surely the best were Fangio, Senna and Schummy. currently the best drivers Alonso and Vettel

ps first time I use the translator hope you understand

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved Robet Kubica, who competed a few years ago and was a good driver and I followed him very well in the Formula 1 but since he left, I began to cheer for Sebastian Vettel. I think he is currently the best driver and I admire watching him drive because he does it great. Of course, we should not forget the unique Schumacher that left an indelible mark in the history of Formula 1 and I really appreciate it. One of the best of all time would be Michael Schumaher but at the moment if you were to see who was the best for me, it was definitely Sebastian Vetel. Great topic, because I really love the formula. Greeting!

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allan Prost is the best of all!He was agressive and had no fear.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone knows that Schumacher is the best, and even if it will bypass it would still be the best

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Impossible to really compare drivers from different eras, but I’d pick Argentinian Juan Manuel Fangio.

He won the championship five times with four different teams. Alfa Romeo, Mercedes (twice), Ferrari and Maserati.
His drive in the 1957 German Grand Prix, was one of the most memorable drives in formula one history. Due to a disastrous pit stop, he was close to a minute behind the two Ferraris. Over the remaining ten laps, driving his Maserati 250F, be broke and re broke the lap record nine times.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From the current drivers Max, Daniel and Lewis are top 3. Probably Leclerc is very good already, Alonso, Bottas, Perez, Vettel and Okon are strong, but personally I support Kimi!

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Next year we will see how good Leclerc is, but smashing Ericsson for a season doesn't really tell us anything about him.
I can see him beating Vettel, I wonder if that happens would Seb jump ship again?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atm: Verstappen
Just have him swap cars in 1 race with Hamilton.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's looking like Red Bull will be the team to beat next year and to be fair it's been really good in the last few races too. Horner says the Honda will give them a 40BHP boost which is huge.
If you fancy a bet I'd put it on Max for next years title.

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ayrton Senna. No one will ever come close to what was and represents Senna.

G

GameTooHard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all time?

Probably Senna or Schumacher.

Currently?

Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel are the three that stand out. Hamilton is one of the best wet drivers of all time and dominates in qualifying. Alonso is weaker in qualy but he's probably the best driver during a dry race. Vettel has few technical flaws but it's obvious he's been mentally struggling on some level.

Tier 1 - Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso

Tier 2 - Verstappen, Ricciardio, a slightly younger Raikkonen, maybe Leclerc

The rest of the field feels pretty weak comparatively.