Chips
Who is the Best Driver in Formula one? :driver:

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best Formula 1 racer Sebastian Vettel! If we consider who is competing now. And so, of course, the red Baron Michael Schumacher!

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Juan Manuel Fangio the best in history and Argentine

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the history of Formula 1 and the best of all time is Sena. He was and remains distinct, adhering to his attitude, he always did not allow others to influence him, and beside all this, of course, driving knowledge should not be wasted. He was great. Let him be eternal glory!

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna have the biggest amount of fans and for me that makes them the best.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now, Hamilton has best equipment. Vettel probably the better driver.

Best ever...Senna. Schumacher close 2nd

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fascinating question that probably doesn't have a definitive answer IMO, and separating the driver from the car they're driving makes it doubly difficult.

I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that Jenson Button was the best driver in F1 in 2009, despite winning the world championship, but he had easily the best car and that was enough.

For my money it's probably either Schumacher or Senna, and it's really a head or heart thing.

I wasn't old enough to be watching Senna at the time, but I watched almost all of Michael's career. Yes he had the best car a lot of the time, but I think people also forget how long Ferrari had been uncompetitive before he came along (and how little success they've had since he left). I know it's a team sport but you can't ignore the way he basically took the team on his back, seeming to just will them into success. Plus he had some real mongrel in him as a driver which was always entertaining :)

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how anyone can say Vettel is the best driver in F1 currently. It is either Hamilton, Alonso or Verstappen. Hamilton and Alonso are very evenly matched and it is hard to judge just how good Max is because he has only been in F1 a few years.

If you watched the last two seasons you will have seen Vettel crumbling under pressure, especially this season, he has lost over 100 points through stupid mistakes. In his last year at Red Bull he faced the only decent team-mate he has ever had in F1, Ricciardo, and was beaten convincingly. If you look at his junior career he was even beaten by DiResta in Euro F3 who is an average driver.

Vettel is good but he isn't great, his four WC all he had to do was beat Webber.

If I was to pick a GOAT, I would pick Senna but F1 has changed a huge amount over the years, it is very hard to compare eras.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really, really do not want to admit or say this but on results obviously its Schumacher.
In a race - all drivers having same car - i dont think Schumacher would live with Hamiltons aggression and ability to overtake, plus i feel Lewis is the best wet weather driver of all time.
Senna? - wow what a race it would be between him and Hamilton...very close to call.
The qualities they each possess makes for interesting debate - Schumacher in the lead is very hard to catch and is extremely good off the start, Hamilton not so good off the start but he is the one guy who you dont want chasing you..
Senna was all round for me the most talented driver ever - he had everything

G

gaz1689

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Schumacher was dominant but his ferrari was the best car at the time by a long way

G

gaz1689

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hamilton currently best driver atm but verstappen next year could be a threat if red bull car is as much improved as anticipated

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The best Formula 1 racer Sebastian Vettel! If we consider who is competing now. And so, of course, the red Baron Michael Schumacher!

Schumacher made me fall in love with Formula 1 , races , speed cars etc when I was a kid , although now I have changed since then . I loved watching him racing , winning or not , always exciting . He was my idol , and he still is . A wish and hope him to be healed completely . Doctors can do miracles nowadays , Michael is a fighter , he is going to win again and again :)

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All time has to be Senna. Right now, has to be Hamilton.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how anyone can say Vettel is the best driver in F1 currently. It is either Hamilton, Alonso or Verstappen. Hamilton and Alonso are very evenly matched and it is hard to judge just how good Max is because he has only been in F1 a few years.

If you watched the last two seasons you will have seen Vettel crumbling under pressure, especially this season, he has lost over 100 points through stupid mistakes. In his last year at Red Bull he faced the only decent team-mate he has ever had in F1, Ricciardo, and was beaten convincingly. If you look at his junior career he was even beaten by DiResta in Euro F3 who is an average driver.

Vettel is good but he isn't great, his four WC all he had to do was beat Webber.

If I was to pick a GOAT, I would pick Senna but F1 has changed a huge amount over the years, it is very hard to compare eras.

Senna drove when there were almost no rules with the turbos, and he drove with engines making over 1200hp to the wheels. I think he would do just fine.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniil Kvyat -

it was funny how he bumped constantly into sebastyana fetel and he swore

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best driver. Not favorite driver.

He is a talented rider, he very effectively won the junior series of races. He was thrown out in the middle of the formula one, but then his reputation was restored, he would return to this team again in 2019. He is certainly a good racer, but his girlfriend is the daughter of a three-time world champion, and his manager is the son of the former owner of the formula! He was returned due to corruption, but he also has every right to speak for talent.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best is definitely Schumacher:)