Can anyone stop the Kansas City Chiefs this season?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fantasy NFL thread this as we have one of those going on but a discussion led thread looking at the fortunes of the teams in this seasons NFL?

Who is your team and are you backing them or another to triumph?

After a red hot start last year which petered into a damp squib, i am still rooting for my FINS - go Tyreek!

Here is an informative guide from this side of the pond...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/articles/c20l63v4xexo

smallfrie

smallfrie

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Detroit Lions are loaded with talent. Barring injuries it is going to be difficult for anyone to stop them.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I guess I am not the only one that is expecting great things from the Lions this year.

Lions picked to win Super Bowl in Sports Illustrated's season preview

Lions

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Detroit Lions are loaded with talent. Barring injuries it is going to be difficult for anyone to stop them.
Yep they would be my pick outside of the Chiefs if i was going to go elsewhere. I think the lions roar this year for sure.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I really hope so. San Francisco and Detroit are both strong and the season is long, either team can weaken, even the Chiefs.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The Kansas City Chiefs enter the 2024 NFL season looking for a third straight Super Bowl title. No team has ever won three straight Super Bowls, but the Chiefs are the favorites heading into the season. What sets the Chiefs apart from the rest of the field is the presence of Patrick Mahomes at quarterback. The 28-year-old is a three-time Super Bowl winner and a two-time NFL MVP — a stunning feat in the first seven seasons of his career.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think the Chiefs will fight for the title again this year. Other than that, I support the Miami Dolphins. Hopefully this year we'll make it to the Super Bowl

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think the Chiefs will fight for the title again this year. Other than that, I support the Miami Dolphins. Hopefully this year we'll make it to the Super Bowl
Dude - great choice, you make the Roster!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no nobody can Mahomes is the best football player in the world and Kelce and Taylor also great.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the 49ers can stop them but anything can happen is American football after all

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So a local lad from a part of the World i know well - Wales Louis Rees- Zammit is pinning his hopes on making the roster for the KCC - follow the report below as provided by BBC Sport to see how he is faring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/articles/cx2yprkvzgpo

Personally i don't think he will make it this time, there are a lot of better players out there who are on the fringes but we will see.

Mortis

Mortis

Bounty Hunter - Fall League 2024
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chiefs and Lions in the Super Bowl with the entire country except for Missouri and Kansas rooting for the Lions, and the Chiefs will be the dreamkiller once again and will 3-peat.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So a local lad from a part of the World i know well - Wales Louis Rees- Zammit is pinning his hopes on making the roster for the KCC - follow the report below as provided by BBC Sport to see how he is faring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/articles/cx2yprkvzgpo

Personally i don't think he will make it this time, there are a lot of better players out there who are on the fringes but we will see.
As thought, Louis never made the Cut but remains on the fringes and i think this is the right call, give him time to develop his game, fine tune the playbook(s) and move forward - KCC is a team i will keep close tabs on this season for sure.

Mortis

Mortis

Bounty Hunter - Fall League 2024
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As thought, Louis never made the Cut but remains on the fringes and i think this is the right call, give him time to develop his game, fine tune the playbook(s) and move forward - KCC is a team i will keep close tabs on this season for sure.

I'm willing to bet he'll make the practice squad.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm willing to bet he'll make the practice squad.
well you wont be betting me - i think he still has a good chance and will improve, he has some real diversity in his game.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Baltimore Ravens V Chiefs tomorrow night - will you be watching?

I sure will be....

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not a very knowledgeable person in regards to NFL with being a Brit.

But i did get a £5 free bet for the start if the NFL what i managed to win £32

I did the Chief's to win HT and FT
over 45.5 points and to win - 5.5 points so happy days