Can anyone beat the Golden State Warriors in the NBA?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 2018/2019 NBA season will be marked by several major changes from renowned players, shuffling the list of strong teams. Only one thing has not changed: the favoritism of the Golden State Warriors. Who will be able to for the current champion.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I surely hope so... getting old already

I dont like Lebron but gotta wait and see what happens with the Lakers new roster

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
injuries and chemistry are only things in their way. East is slipping.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
GSW is a great team. On paper no one can beat them. But like any great team what will stop them is either ego or injury.

Next year should be different but for this upcoming season barring catastrophic injury I see no one putting up a fight.

Next year Lakers should get another superstar to pair with LBJ and Draymond/Klay could become free agents so there is a chance that GSW could get weaker. Their tax bill should start to get astronomical if they keep everyone too.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before they signed Cousins, I thought that they had a weakness only when playing against a talented big. They should crush everyone now.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are healthy no ones is beating them this upcoming season.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the only ones who could avoid the trichampionship of GS could be the Lakers but still they will have a very difficult

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Houston played very well against the GSV, they just had no luck, I hope LeBron and the Lakers will stop them!

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
clearly are beatable. they were down 3-2 in series until chris paul got injured.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with that bottom part. I think this will be the last year of the gs reign, they could be beat this year as well. I think next year and for a few years after, it will become la vs philly. I think la will get 2 titles within the next 4 years. Maybe make a long run of 3 to 4 years. If philly stays intact then I see them being the ones who end the la reign at the end of lbjs career. Hard to look that far ahead due to the nature of trades and injuries though.
GSW is a great team. On paper no one can beat them. But like any great team what will stop them is either ego or injury.

Next year should be different but for this upcoming season barring catastrophic injury I see no one putting up a fight.

Next year Lakers should get another superstar to pair with LBJ and Draymond/Klay could become free agents so there is a chance that GSW could get weaker. Their tax bill should start to get astronomical if they keep everyone too.

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golden State Warriors remembers me about Chicago Bulls from Mychael Jordan dream team in the 90´s.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Rockets, Celtics, or Thunder all possible

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Rockets and Celtics are the only teams that will have a chance against them in the playoffs this year. They are still just too good. I think things will be different in the following years though if they lose a player or two. Some of these young teams will be better then too not to mention the Lakers will probably have a stacked roster then too.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no

they are stacked unless they all get hurt only way they lose

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Golden State Warriors will always be favourites to win the Larry O'Brien Trophy it won't change for a long time.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The other teams needs three things to beat GSW, 1. they need injuries to at least two of the five all stars, 2. they need to have a very good game and 3. they need the remaining all stars of GSW to have bad games.
Thats how they will beat the warriors.

N

NutsForPLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, anyone can beat them. That’s why they didn’t go undefeated last season. In a 7 game series though? That’s a different question to ask.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Putting injuries to the side I think the only two teams with a good chance of beating them is the Celtics and possibly the Rockets. The Celtics are really deep if they team can stay healthy and the Rockets are a good match-up against them. But when they added Boogie Cousins to the roster that could be a potential X factor to putting them over the top of once they already was!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Putting injuries to the side I think the only two teams with a good chance of beating them is the Celtics and possibly the Rockets. The Celtics are really deep if they team can stay healthy and the Rockets are a good match-up against them. But when they added Boogie Cousins to the roster that could be a potential X factor to putting them over the top of once they already was!

Great point, but I wouldn't underestimate the Thunder. Getting rid of Melo is addition by subtraction, and they have many of the similar pieces as the Rockets to push the GSW. In fact I think they are going to shock a lot of people this year, they are my #3 seed

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, at the beginning of the championship did not know who can defeat the Golden State Warriors. Long road to the NBA finals,bad moment of an injury, who knows what is happening.I think Cleveland, without Le Broon James, is unlikely to play a finals next season.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are assuming that team stays together, and at no point egos get bruised. I think they are close to their end. 1 to 2 years max.
Golden State Warriors will always be favourites to win the Larry O'Brien Trophy it won't change for a long time.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You trust westbrook? I can't say I do. I see them being fine in the regular season, and getting destroyed in the playoffs.
Great point, but I wouldn't underestimate the Thunder. Getting rid of Melo is addition by subtraction, and they have many of the similar pieces as the Rockets to push the GSW. In fact I think they are going to shock a lot of people this year, they are my #3 seed

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that someone can do it this season.