95% sure this is a winner

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off its kind of important to tell you I live in New York City, close to Madison Square, home of the NY Knicks and I been a Knick fan all my life. (almost 50 years)
I am relatively certain if you bet against them all year, you would come out a healthy winner. This team is hapless, almost a G League equivalent. There current record is 4-12.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never made a bet against or in favor to this team, but how you say if this team is so unhappy and so never win but when he will certainly win your reward will be great

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are 8-8 ats so far. If you had bet it every game you would be down about 1 unit. They aren't as bad as years past, and have a young core that if they could build around, they would be alright. They haven't lost by double digits in 5 games, even though they were dd dogs in almost every one of those games. 2 of those games were against dallas, and philly, so it's not like it was just from playing bad teams. They even beat dallas.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only time will tell if I am right. I knew their record ats was 8-8 before I posted. I looked it up. I didnt say 100%. I said 95%. Keep track my track my friend, Im sure I know this team better than you do.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They covered tonight also. I'm sure you do know them better than I do but spreads tend to even out over time. If a team does good ats, the books tend to adjust for that, same on the other side. In a sport that's played more often than say American football, sports like basketball, or MLB can be adjusted over the time to even out.

As for the team, r.j. won't even be 20 until mid next year. If they can keep and cultivate him, it would be a good sign for the future. They should build around him and randle. They need to get a Shaq for their kobe. Favors, hayword, I could even see them giving cousins more than anyone else is going to. Portor, ingram. A lot of options for them next year and with the space to do it. It's still new york, given both LA teams are full, it's the best place people would want to go for off the court things. If the Knicks can get 30 or so wins this year I'm sure they could attract a big name or 2 while the young players develop. They will have to over pay for that first one though.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree w many of the things that you say Synopsis. Im aware they covered the other night. Also, I do respect your insight.
Perhaps my perspective as a Knicks fan is so twisted because their futility over the last 20 years can really wear on you. That 2 point loss the other night, was just another in a string of continuous losses. Now 4-13.
It wont surprise me at all if they get blown out by both Toronto and Philadelphia in the next 2 games, especially against Philadelphia, who are playing their best ball of the season.
Players are well aware around the league about the atmosphere created by Jim Dolan, the owner, and nobody (who wants to win) will be coming here anytime soon. Dolan has filled the front office with yes men instead top flight management that can steer this team in the right direction.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have a brutal next 5-6 games, but after that, they have a stretch of winnable games excluding a few like games at Milwaukee and denver. They just need to have some respectable play and see what happens in the off season. I'm curious to see what happens. The major cities that can attract players from a lifestyle aspect don't have room. The Clippers will be tied up financially for years. If Davis resigns next season the Lakers will be tied up too. Miami will have a little room, but not a lot. You have new york, and Atlanta, and all those free agents this year. They will get a few quality guys at least, and maybe some quality vets on the cheap, like gasol, maybe even milsap, though I think he will stay in utah. They will have draft picks to trade too, so that's an option.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True story especially until they have a full roster

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blownout last night by toronto as expected.
one thing That basketball fans outside of ny are missing is that, unfortunately for me, free agent talent wont be going to the knicks, they will go right passed them and signing with Brooklyn. Now the Nets are a team to watch going forward especially if Durant is back to health. They are one superstar from going to the finals if that is the case.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not true. Brooklyn are 18 million above the cap. They have 80 million wrapped up in just Irving and durant alone.
blownout last night by toronto as expected.
one thing That basketball fans outside of ny are missing is that, unfortunately for me, free agent talent wont be going to the knicks, they will go right passed them and signing with Brooklyn. Now the Nets are a team to watch going forward especially if Durant is back to health. They are one superstar from going to the finals if that is the case.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He said everything correctly. I fully support. Hold on

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
back to the Knicks, I am going to put my money where my mouth is tonight and give 6.5 and take the Sixers over the Knicks.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a curious line. You would think it would be 10.5 give or take a point.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough loss there man, half a point. Those always sting. Did you fade them today against boston? It's really early, but they look good at the moment. Boston tend to start slow and surge a little before half.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Run and Gun

tough one indeed? are you a sports bettor? I had the over on clippers and washington last night. Unbelievable the over/under at one point in the 3rd quarter had gone down to 256, I was so lucky to log on at that time. Final score was 150-125. Unbelievable. Washington is the worst defensive team in the NBA and there offensive philosophy is put the shot up as fast as possible before a defence gets set. its like the houston rockets on steroids.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am. Yeah Washington is a strange one, on paper they don't look like they would be a bad half court team, and without wall you would think they would want the slower pace but they have gone the opposite way. They obviously wouldn't be a super power but that pace has probably cost them 3 or 4 games so far. When they aren't hitting shots, it gets real ugly because the other team is also getting that many more shots, and they aren't great rebounder either. Just a strange philosophy to have given their situation.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching this handicapper on youtube who seemed v knowledgeable and he mentioned that very good teams would concentrate on defence against them, so it might be worth looking at the under in those kind of games. Teams like the Lakers for example not Houston though. Just a thought.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accurate

I have to agree. In no way, shape or form should anyone risk their money wagering on the Knicks. Is there anyone here who disagrees? How? And why?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing good defence wouldn't change the pace. Look at last night, they played arguably the best defence team set up for their best players and covered the over by 35. I think at team like Denver or utah (not lately) who most often play a slow methodical game are more likely for unders. The thing with the wizards are really that they are super paced and have terrible defence, so regardless if they are hitting, the team they are facing will be putting up 130 almost nightly. You have a pace that high, even shooting 35 percent will get you a ton of points just with volume, and fouls. As you said, much like houston.
I was watching this handicapper on youtube who seemed v knowledgeable and he mentioned that very good teams would concentrate on defence against them, so it might be worth looking at the under in those kind of games. Teams like the Lakers for example not Houston though. Just a thought.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing good defence wouldn't change the pace. Look at last night, they played arguably the best defence team set up for their best players and covered the over by 35. I think at team like Denver or utah (not lately) who most often play a slow methodical game are more likely for unders. The thing with the wizards are really that they are super paced and have terrible defence, so regardless if they are hitting, the team they are facing will be putting up 130 almost nightly. You have a pace that high, even shooting 35 percent will get you a ton of points just with volume, and fouls. As you said, much like houston.

Taking Washington/orlando and the over tonight Synopsis. currently at 230.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm considering it myself. It's 229 at 5dimes, and acr. I haven't looked at my other books. I could have sworn this line was 223 earlier. Maybe I'm confusing it with a different line. Either way, Its a good possibility as long as the magic just shoot ok. Doesn't have to be lights out, just ok. I'd have to check, but last time they played I think they hit 240.
Taking Washington/orlando and the over tonight Synopsis. currently at 230.

Last edited:
S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm considering it myself. It's 229 at 5dimes, and acr. I haven't looked at my other books. I could have sworn this line was 223 earlier. Maybe I'm confusing it with a different line. Either way, Its a good possibility as long as the magic just shoot ok. Doesn't have to be lights out, just ok. I'd have to check, but last time they played I think they hit 240.

the over covered by alot. hope you played it

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't play it before tip off. I was hoping for a slow start to get more value. It went to 228.5 at one point and I got on it then, but that wasn't needed, could have played it before tip with no worries. I like to do things like this though, more so in football. Like if the team I like in the game kicks off first and the other team scores, it drops 2-4 points off the spread. I don't do it so much in basketball. I wait til half usually before I invest more into a game.
the over covered by alot. hope you played it

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't play it before tip off. I was hoping for a slow start to get more value. It went to 228.5 at one point and I got on it then, but that wasn't needed, could have played it before tip with no worries. I like to do things like this though, more so in football. Like if the team I like in the game kicks off first and the other team scores, it drops 2-4 points off the spread. I don't do it so much in basketball. I wait til half usually before I invest more into a game.

Glad to hear Synopsis! i like what you said about the spread dropping 2-4 points. Gonna keep an eye on that one.

I like the Trailblazers giving 5 tonight vs. Sacramento. Took the Nets also giving 3 vs. Atlanta. Hoping it goes my way. there up at the moment by 10 with 8.5 minutes to go.

Winner Poker