Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
1)Angel Di Maria - argentina

I think that with Maserano and Tagliafico, they were the biggest disappointments for Argentina in this World Cup. I expected much more from Di Maria, but he was far below his potential. Sad for him and sad for Argentina.

2)Timo Werner - germany

We knew before the world cup that he is not Kloseor Klinsmann, but 60m euros value according to tranfermarkt.....? No way.....:motz: Completely invisible.

3)Robert Lewandowsky - Poland

I admire him a lot and he made a good season for Bayern Munich, but as in the previous Euro, in this World Cup he was way far below his true capabilities. He looked pretty tired after an exhausting season with Bayern, but I expected much more from him.

Your thoughts? Do you have anyone else you could put in this list?

ZerchGarza

ZerchGarza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Lewandosky and Werner but I believe Di Maria performed as good as we could possible expect with all the drama going in the Argentinian team behind closed doors. The team was struggling since the beginning and wanted to play their own game against Nigeria and did good. I don't know how we should critize him but he did score and made plenty for the team.

Werner tho... No scores? No assists? No sweating?. I had Germany winning it all, such a disappointment.

Not disappointments but more like a sadness for what it could be would be Salah (Egypt) and James Rodriguez (Colombia). I really wanted to see them play (Salah kind of played).

But hey, this is just my oppinion, I am sure someone will think different.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The top 3 for me were:
1- Germany out on the first round
2- Neymar falls, cry baby, clow and very bad attitude.
3- Gabriel Jesus no goal on 5 games ! He was used wrong. He was helping to much the defense, he is number 9 and suppose to help the offense and score goals !!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Germany ,argentina , spain

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From foreign players I only know of Neymar,and our team was disappointed with the striker Smolov...

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1.That we are already at semi final and we need to wait four years to the next WC :)

2.That brazil did not manage to equalize the score in the second half vs Belgium after in my opinion a best game from them.

3.The bad trial between Serbia and switzerland.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only disappointment is Neymar for me.
He just fake tripped in the quarter final against Belgium!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The play acting by many different players hardly getting touched then rolling around in apparent agony.

The whole VAR thing, takes too long to make a decision, some blatant decisions are being ignored espcially in the penalty area.

One of the most dangerous and exciting looking strikers in the early rounds will be leaving my club soon without really being given many chances and our supporters are at a loss as to why.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am disappointed that Russia has not reached the semi-finals! And the rest is very cool!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest disappointment from the world cup? Every bet I made on it.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
number 1 has to be germany not getting out of the group stage then i would say spain and 3 would be messi/ronaldo not scoring in the ko again

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Italy not qualifying.
2. netherlands not qualifying.
3. One side of round 16 way more stacked than the other side.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My three are:
Brazil eliminated,
Argentina out,
And Germany,what a shame!

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Germany obv wins for overall most dissapointing. Just their whole team looked flat and not into it. I guess winning sorta hurts the drive to achieve.

Argentina's overall play and Messi were once again disappointing. It's sad to see a guy so good as Messi fail to lift his teamates above their avg play. He is a great club player but can't be mentioned among the greats of soccer bc of this ...

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Germany, Brazil and Portugal

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree for Gabriel Jesus and Fyodor Smolov. Very poor performances from both players. Jesus was literally a "ghost" the whole tournament. Brazil has a big problem in their in-the-box position without a killer striker who "feels" the goal. I don't know what they will do, but they must solve this problem.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Lewandosky and Werner but I believe Di Maria performed as good as we could possible expect with all the drama going in the Argentinian team behind closed doors. The team was struggling since the beginning and wanted to play their own game against Nigeria and did good. I don't know how we should critize him but he did score and made plenty for the team.

Werner tho... No scores? No assists? No sweating?. I had Germany winning it all, such a disappointment.

Not disappointments but more like a sadness for what it could be would be Salah (Egypt) and James Rodriguez (Colombia). I really wanted to see them play (Salah kind of played).

But hey, this is just my oppinion, I am sure someone will think different.
I agree completely. The Argentine team became a hostage of the disagreement between the players, the coach and the football Federation of Argentina. It is not normal when Messi gives the installation of the game and explains to partners on the field of their tasks. De Maria did what he could.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neimar,Ronaldo,Messy...they disappointed a lot. Was sure that they would show a fantastic game but...the didn’t

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- By far Neymar. Bad crying baby, always on the ground complaining. Brazil with him it is never gonna win the World Cup.
2- Germany. Huge surprise out on the first round.
3- Spain. Played bad since game 1 and lost to Russia.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Match France - Denmark 0-0. shame, not a game.
2. match Belgium - England 1-0, played without the best players.
3. Germany. they were not ready for the group stage, I think they underestimated their opponents, hoping that they would gain strength during the tournament.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Brazil : I expected more from this team , especially from Neymar
Geramny : I couldn't believe in my eyes how ugly they were playing , were they the previous World Cup Winners ??
Messi : I expected more from him as well , he was tired or what ?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Messi : I expected more from him as well , he was tired or what ?

You do realize that world cup takes place in the summer and by that time most footballers have long season(9+ months) behind them :rolleyes:

So yeah players aren't humans because they never get tired lol

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
1.Brazil 2.Germany3.Argentina. The referee of the fiinal was not on the level of the teams-supported france.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You do realize that world cup takes place in the summer and by that time most footballers have long season(9+ months) behind them :rolleyes:

So yeah players aren't humans because they never get tired lol

He's 31 ofcourse , but it's Messi we're talking about , a Godlike-best of all-and more talented-footballplayer , you always expect more from him in contrast to the others , like Ronaldo who is older , so yes , maybe to surpass his tiredness like so many others did in this mundial ;)