2020 World Junior Championship

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a great semifinal game hopefully now canada will get the chance to redeem themselves against the Russia in the final. Let’s go Canada 🇨🇦

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Canada vs Russia perhaps?

I watched the 1972 Canada vs Russia series where Paul Hederson scored the winning goal in the last minute of Game 7. Our school was given the day off to watch the hockey game in the school's gymnasium, ~400 students all watching 1 - 26" black & white TV set (Wow! How times have changed!)

Attachments

• can v russia.jpg
    can v russia.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 19
Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are all waiting for a fascinating finale. Russia-Canada. It will be a massacre. The rivals know each other well. I'm looking forward to the game. The semifinals were interesting. I looked at it with pleasure.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This has been a great series so far, any one of the final four and the USA could win the gold. I am very happy to see the canadiens playing for gold.

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes Russian great game against Sweden! Goalkeeper Russians spoiled the whole game (thank goodness it was replaced in time)

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great game today, the Russians played a hell of a game, the last 3 minutes where nerve racking, could of went either way but our boys hung on for the win.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Questionable officiating seemed to encourage the players to embellish some incidents, which made for a frustrating game. Regardless, I’m happy for the team Canada win!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oh the memories:)

The final of the 1987 tourney:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjcr0_NKEA
I remember it well. I couldn't watch it live as it wasn't on any station that my parents were paying for on cable. But I remember the sports highlights and newspaper articles. On the upside, Canadians seemed to have won almost every individual scrap. I don't think the Soviets had much experience fighting in skates on ice.

Turned me off Junior Hockey until the broadcast was easy to find and I realized it was a really convenient time - over the Holiday week.

I think "Turn off the lights and have the officials leave the ice" is a strategy that will never be used again - with any luck

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a performance by Canada beating out Russia. Canada the better team.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I congratulate the canadian national team and its fans on the title. The game was great. Discipline failed the Russians.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Questionable officiating seemed to encourage the players to embellish some incidents, which made for a frustrating game. Regardless, I’m happy for the team Canada win!
That's just part of the game. A part that the Canadians played masterfully. Well, maybe Dellandrea overdid it a bit.But it resulted in two crucially timed power plays.

Watch last year's quarter final against the Finns. LaFreniere and the other leaders of the team were flopping around like a South American football team. It was shameful.

Russia really got screwed when the puck hit the TSN camera. The camera is purposefully placed behind the glass, and yet, it wasn't a penalty. :dontknow:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was rooting for Russia, but alas. Canadians well done, congratulations on the victory!

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russia really got screwed when the puck hit the TSN camera. The camera is purposefully placed behind the glass, and yet, it wasn't a penalty. :dontknow:

I think most Canadians would agree that the puck hitting the camera should have been a penalty.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good game. It is a pity that a judicial error decided the fate of gold medals. This is already becoming a tradition.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
refereeing of course at the level:vollkomme:laugh:

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently the camera was considered to be part of the building structure, so the puck hitting it prevented a delay of game penalty. This scenario was discussed BEFORE the game began, so the rule was well established but unfortunate for team Russia.