S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm still trying to get familiar with the site.
I typically play fast-fold tables but just tried some micro reg. tables a moment ago. (the plan is to actually play MTT's on the site but I've played a handful so far). Player pool is definitely a lot WILDER than on any of the other sites. Depending upon the time of day, there are lots of regs. in micros, LOTS of players from Russia. There are loads of players who REALLY want to gamble it up and the site has options where you can straddle, double straddle, etc. and you can even go allin in the dark 100bb's (lol).
Took me a bit to get used to the graphics and awhile to get my 'settings' set in a way that suits me. (I'm still struggling a bit). I keep going back to Stars, Partypoker & ACR but mostly out of being accustomed to them.

I personally like playing on many sites. For some it's the time of day. And for playing tournaments I prefer many sites because then I can load up my screens with similiar buyin mtt's.
I would definitely give GG a shot!

As far as Rake goes, on their FastFold tables (ie. Rush & Cash/ Z00M), they have a 3BB Cap... BUT pots are raked even with no flop if there's been a 3-Bet pre). 25nl Zoom 4.5% rake, $2 CAP. 25nl 'Rush & Cash' 5% rake, $0.75 CAP (the rake works out to be lower overall on GG & better rakeback unless you're getting the 40% promo thing on Stars).

I know that the tournament players are definitely gravitating to GGPoker for sure!

Sounds interesting, it might be worth trying out. Rake coming out of pots with no flop seems very odd though with the potential for it to be a bit of a rake trap

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sounds interesting, it might be worth trying out. Rake coming out of pots with no flop seems very odd though with the potential for it to be a bit of a rake trap
all pots are capped at 3bb's

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
all pots are capped at 3bb's
Good point, that is low and much better than most other sites.

I notice it just applies to the fast fold games not the regular tables though.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as Rake goes, on their FastFold tables (ie. Rush & Cash/ Z00M), they have a 3BB Cap... BUT pots are raked even with no flop if there's been a 3-Bet pre). 25nl Zoom 4.5% rake, $2 CAP. 25nl 'Rush & Cash' 5% rake, $0.75 CAP (the rake works out to be lower overall on GG & better rakeback unless you're getting the 40% promo thing on Stars).
Cant comment about the overall rake, since I am not allowed to play on GG Poker, so no data to base it on. But I absolutely think, that rake structure is better than the more traditional one for cash games, which discourage calling both pre and post due to rake considerations.
Dont think there is anything odd about it. It just goes against long time tradition in the industry.
I notice it just applies to the fast fold games not the regular tables though.
This makes kind of sense, since edges are lower in fast fold games, and you play more hands per hour, which makes fast fold games a real rake trap on other poker sites. GG Poker also has a policy against "bum hunting", so if you want to be safe there as a cash game player, its better to stick to the fast fold tables anyway ;)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! As for Me, on the present day I play at PokerDom and Red Star... And on PokerOK I only trying to play...