Daniel Negreanu vs. Liv Boeree

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Score this one for Liv! If you have about 3 hours the full replay can be watched on the Twitch channel for Chess.

The variation of chess that they played was called "Hand & Brain." In the original variation two players plays together against someone, one say the piece name to move (BRAIN) and the other must move it (HAND). The chess experts were the "brain" and called out the chess piece to be moved (i.e. pawn, rook). Daniel/Liv were the "hand" in which they chose which one of the pieces to move which location.

For fun you can try this variation yourself with a computer brain and you as the hand. Google handandbrainchess to find the BETA website.

Thanks for the update :)

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting, so it's kind of like that poker show where they could pause and ask a pro to help, but chess instead of poker.. not sure the article said anything about televising it, but they film or stream everything these days.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Score this one for Liv! If you have about 3 hours the full replay can be watched on the Twitch channel for Chess.

The variation of chess that they played was called "Hand & Brain." In the original variation two players plays together against someone, one say the piece name to move (BRAIN) and the other must move it (HAND). The chess experts were the "brain" and called out the chess piece to be moved (i.e. pawn, rook). Daniel/Liv were the "hand" in which they chose which one of the pieces to move which location.

For fun you can try this variation yourself with a computer brain and you as the hand. Google handandbrainchess to find the BETA website.
wow my bet of heart won ..... ah more believe that I bet a little after the end, no problem I did not know ... very cool thank you all for the tips and information

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Thanks for the update, scubed! :)

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I like to play poker, I also love playing chess, it is a strategy game, of mental ability if you make a bad move you lose. Returning to the issue I think Daniel will win xD:bebored::cool:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

As I like to play poker, I also love playing chess, it is a strategy game, of mental ability if you make a bad move you lose. Returning to the issue I think Daniel will win xD:bebored::cool:

Daniel didn't have the pleasure of claiming victory for this one, anderson. Read the quote above yours. :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a background in astrophysics, liv was always going to dominate neg, logic, foward planning and strategy is way different from the nuances of poker- as a competitive chess player, I would envisage this is not the first time Miss boeree has played the game too. Go guys!

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is my favorite poker player , not only couse he is good at poker . The Main reason is couse he is always self confident and he can make a good joke even in the hardest situations. So i always cheer for him :)

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Voting for Liv on this one mainly supporting the UK based player and she's pretty hot :)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah...Daniel Negreanu The Best!:)Good luck him:)