Did you have an eye for online poker?

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry to hear that your eyesight has been affected. It's important to take care of yourself, especially when spending long hours focusing on things like poker. Have you considered talking to an eye doctor about options that might help?

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Before poker I spent a lot of time on the computer, playing online games... maybe my eyesight got worse, but I don't notice it

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My eyesight has followed normal downward spiral, need bifocal glasses now. More trouble with distinguishing clubs from spades, diamonds from hearts.
If you have same problem, cut down on the multi-windows, small sizes. Stick to one screen, and maximize the text size.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, i wear glasses sometimes when i play . Even then, if i dont pay attention i can misread the suits

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My eyesight has deteriorated because I spend a lot of time at the computer. During the day I work, in the evening I sometimes play poker

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
During the year of my introduction to poker, my eyesight has deteriorated a little... How about you?
I've been playing poker for about 7 years. Every year my skills improve and my results improve accordingly. For me, poker is a hobby that brings me additional income, so I won't stop and will continue to move forward.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
first online poker game was acr in 2003....I have been on computers since 80s....i didnt have any eyesight issues till 8 and half years ago when after a series of heart attacks after was ok we thought i stroked out in ER....my eyesight went to highest level of reading glasses black spots blank spots etc....first change was after 2 years and went down one level this happened till 2 years ago got all the way down to lowest level of reading glasses...and most days can see normally till get very tired ....6 months ago was first change going up a level:( so the bad that was old age finally at 55 catching up to me now always blurry sight where cant see screen ever without glasses 2nd lowest level:( still see as far or farther then anyone i know....had 20/20 till the stroke....so ya now my eyes are going...i always as said in 6 months had to put on glasses to see computers period but was a good ride even the stroke cause got better etc.... :) got to get to optomitrist sooner or later not sure spelling...get regular glasses cause now im probably hurting eyes with readers...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
During the year of my introduction to poker, my eyesight has deteriorated a little... How about you?
My eyesight started to deteriorate when I started reading a lot of books back when I was still in school. And it so happened that I used to read a lot at night with bad light from the lamp. But poker is not the cause of my not so good eyesight. :unsure:

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
when playing poker, you need to remember that this will not always be the case, I mean that luck is replaced by variance, as well as vice versa, after variance there will always be ups)) and if you take it in time, then your psyche will be fine))

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to take care of your health too, because spending too much time on the PC really strains your eyesight.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Use dark themed sites that fits you.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also feel the same since I play alone with my phone, but I think it's also because most of my family usually wear glasses

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
That's the least concerning to me for online poker . Anyway I spend most time online not in poker games , do not need to accuse poker for any eye sight problems that might Occur

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am using computer a lot, not just for poker / games.
Yes i notice a deterioration over time, but that's not entirely poker. It is cause of aging, lots of computer time etc...