• Total voters
M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, Sunday Million is not such an expensive tournament to think about the decision with AA here. And doubling your stack on the bubble is a good chance to go far in the tournament.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Results are quite telling. Only 6% of players would take the option that gives them the best chance to go deep and win the MTT.

Small sample size(only 20 votes) but I guess we just also answered the following question that always gets asked here "What percentage of poker players are winning players?" Seems the common answer in them threads is always between 5-10%....is holding here as well.

Cheers!!!

billibooo

billibooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play this 'major' games mostly if I satellite into it, so min cash looks pretty good and 20BBs is a stack that guarantees the ITM finish(we are on the Bubble in this situation...); so I'd really hate to play a multiway pot with Aces at this point(I'm never folding AA preflop lol and vs. 3 players it's pretty much a flip and our chances to win go lower if we add more opponents...), that's why I've voted for the 1st situation- call with "AA" on big blind versus 1 player...

GLGL all at the tables!
This is my choice too BUT I am an intuitive player as well...so if my inner voice is screaming fold or call.....I typically follow.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would choose AA against one opponent. Never like to play all in against more than one opponent.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing against 1 opponent is always better than multiple. As opponents stack up, so does chance that someone beats you

W

winsometomcat2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Let's imagine you are playing a major online tournament. For example, the Sunday Million. Bubble. :oops: Your stack is over 20 big blinds. :cool:

First situation: you have "AA" on the big blind and the chip leader in front of you goes all-in.

Second situation: you and 3 other players (all with stacks at least as big as yours) go all-in on pre-flop (3 players have a cooler and chip leader with “74”). You have a 60% chance of winning on the turn.

So, I propose you to choose from these 2 situations. Which one will you choose and why? :unsure:
aces in both scenarios is a call if you lose its not meant to be some games are yours while others are not

W

winsometomcat2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
This is a situation in which AA couldn't kill anyone; it's certainly not a bubble at all or a big tournament, but 60% melted away right away.
however I'm not going to change my opinion:sneaky: :p
75b490e1da1ef34984bf4555fffe0100.png
i would have folded to many straight possibilities

S

sandy358

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
Let's imagine you are playing a major online tournament. For example, the Sunday Million. Bubble. :oops: Your stack is over 20 big blinds. :cool:

First situation: you have "AA" on the big blind and the chip leader in front of you goes all-in.

Second situation: you and 3 other players (all with stacks at least as big as yours) go all-in on pre-flop (3 players have a cooler and chip leader with “74”). You have a 60% chance of winning on the turn.

So, I propose you to choose from these 2 situations. Which one will you choose and why? :unsure:
I would personally never trust an all-in to a multiway pot, so I think I pick the first one

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I will choose to play AA, I like this question. The human brain automatically chooses the safer choice in the short term.

It may be that the 2nd choice is more beneficial in the long term. Now I don't have a way to study the spot to compare but I still stick with the choice of AA.

H

havingfun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
ZA
Chips
I am choosing option 1, because with AA all in preflop I almost always have more than a 60% chance of winning the pot when I am getting my chips in (unless the opponet also has AA).

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am choosing option 1, because with AA all in preflop I almost always have more than a 60% chance of winning the pot when I am getting my chips in (unless the opponet also has AA).
Thank you for the comment! Yes, I want to add to the conditions of both variants that there is no such option as “AA” plays all-in against “AA”. Well, the average winrate of “AA” against another pair of cards is always very high, so the first option is indeed very sweet to choose. :)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`ll go all in in first case, because to become a leader, if I win , is more important than to loose.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I`ll go all in in first case, because to become a leader, if I win , is more important than to loose.
That's right! That's a great answer! I feel the same way, as I don't like to take that much risk. Playing with AA against one opponent is enough for me to get into the prizes and contend for the FT. :cool:

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Which one will you choose and why? :unsure:
Odds say AA should win 85% of hands heads-up vs a single opponent pre-flop.

Somewhat surprisingly though your odds of winning heads-up vs. 2-7 off are only 88.2%.
85% to x2.
60% to x4.

I think that long term is better to x4 60% of the times. Also, x4 in a mtt is huge. It usually puts you in a really good place.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
85% to x2.
60% to x4.

I think that long term is better to x4 60% of the times. Also, x4 in a mtt is huge. It usually puts you in a really good place.
The main thing here is that you have reached the bubble of a big tournament with solid prizes (no bounty), having paid at least $109 (buy-in not through a satellite, but paid with real money). And you have a choice to double up with “AA” or yes, to increase your stack 4 times with 60% winrate on the turn. :unsure:

Mbushe

Mbushe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NA
Chips
I will have to go with the 2nd one, a 60% chance out of four players to quadruple my stack is a no brainer.

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Under these conditions, I prefer the first option because I have a better chance of winning and continuing in the game.