I prefer 9 players it's better to play it has more action

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 8-max is the best for tournaments. 9 is ok but a little bit slow while 6 max is very fast and too loose which I don't like that much.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing more at the table with 9 players, but lately I have to play 6 max more and more often, I am slowly getting used to it, gaining experience.

K

KG_TeKoN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thread: What size of table do you prefer?

I prefer 9 players. But there are great risks to lose even with two aces preflop

U

Unmesh_Vaidya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 person table as i can win more hands and win regularly.

bolsoman

bolsoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the game, for NL Holdem, 8 max has a nice balance to it, specially for tournaments. Cash I only play PLO, and 6 max is the way to go or the game can become way too nitty.

X

XxR4WxD4WGxX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I def play more 9s but odds are better on 6 or less

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like 9max tables and tournaments because I feel more comfortable there compared to 6max. But if 6max is the only opportunity to play (especially with friends) then of course I will play 6max :)

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think 8-max is the best for tournaments. 9 is ok but a little bit slow while 6 max is very fast and too loose which I don't like that much.
I agree with you, and I also think that 8-max is the ideal format for tournaments. And in cash games I think 6-max is ideal.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 max for tournaments but for cash 6 max is better. On ACR all the 9 max games are full of nits.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournaments I prefer 9-handed tables. I dislike 6-max very much in tournaments.

However, in cash games, I dislike 9-handed tables very much. And as you might expect, I love 6-max for cash.

Why? 6-max cash is less boring than 9-handed is. When we are in early position at 9-handed, we only really play the top 5% of hands, JJ+ and the 16 AK combos. That's boring folding 95% of hands in the 3 early position seats. We're folding 95% of the time in 33% of the seats. Yuck.

6-max cash is terrific. Even the earliest position is a very playable seat, we're certainly not just playing 5% of hands, way more than that. So in 6-max cash games, there's good action from every seat at the table.

For tournaments, I just don't like 6-max because (a) we're paying the blinds much quicker than at 9-handed tables, and in tournaments I prefer to remain tight and patient... so I don't mind folding all my hands from the 3 early position seats in tournaments. I know I'm gonna be there for 10 hours in the tournament (because I always plan to win!), so I'm well prepared for "boring" poker most of the day. 6-max is just too much action for my liking, as odd as that may sound.

Hope that helps.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max. Is The best and fast, 8 table online can be a snooze sometimes

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, it does not matter as long as it is a good game.

German629

German629

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! :) Since I like to play at the different types of Poker, :deal:
therefore I can to play for the tables with the any quantity players...:rolleyes:
But more prefer to play for the tables, where 6 players. :cool:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tables for 9 and 6 people.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Bronze Level