Poker during working hours

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a bad idea to play poker from job or from job PC lol . The best way playing poker is from home or hotel . :))

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that in order to make any decision, you need to compare all the factors and understand what will be best in your individual situation.I still have trouble managing to balance time between poker and everything else.Even with my average game, this year it is more profitable to work at $/hour. I am not ready to quit yet. I have already thought about it.Making poker my main job is my dream. Unfortunately, there is no time left for training. So, most likely, it will remain a hobby. But this is not certain :) I need to create a reserve that will be equal to the total income for five years, and this is not an unattainable amount.

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who still plays poker on the company computer during work hours?
Sometimes I played at work, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy it very much. It's hard to play if someone can bother you at any time, it's a bit stressful. Of course, you can play in freerolls, but whether there is any sense in such a game is another question.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the company's availability. If there is no problem, I think it is totally possible.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like a pretty big no-no to me, since it could easily get you fired from most jobs?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if I had such an opportunity it would not be a normal game for me. That's why I play in the evening at home when no one and nothing disturbs me or distracts me.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
would be a very -ev move to lose your job for a silly game of cards.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't play poker while working. Not because I'm too busy or my job is too responsible, I'm just used to playing in the evenings, only after my working day is over. Sometimes there are hard days, difficult work and on such days I don't play, I take a break. But playing while working is probably not a good decision because you probably won't be able to do your job well and won't be able to play poker well enough.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Apart from the fact that there is not much possibility, I think it can make the game more difficult if you worry about being seen. Even if you have half an hour (which is clearly not enough to take part on a tournament) you are still partly distracted by looking at the clock to see how many more minutes you can play.
It also depends on work, but I don't think it fits in with most jobs, poker requires a lot of time.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would love to play when working but getting fired would not be a good thinks. No poker when working.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never do that haha but I know many who do it and think it's good

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's impossible. I can't because I need to focus on one or the other. Poker is a game that requires a lot of concentration in my opinion.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work from home, so there are no problems with this.:)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
That is a no for me sir :) ...Work is work and is more important then a game :) , dont forget poker is in fond a game :)

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I played one 4 or less days on my working time. But only on my mobilphone. I think its not allowed and i hope nobody tracked the sites which are screened. I think one tourney i could manage with only a less reduction of my working quality. For a big win i waiting.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the company I worked for, it was impossible to install my own software. The laptops were blocked by IT staff. But I don't think it's a good idea to play poker at work, as then there is a risk of being fired. :eek:

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't support this practice 😅
I'd do it only if I were an independent or the one in charge, and just with good freerolls that actually worth it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't play poker while I work . It's not good and not possible , plus it's not fun and tiring

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easier to play after work. Less distractions and you can concentrate better and make better decisions at the table after work has finished.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only play from my personal smartphone because I cannot access it from company computer

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
years ago when i worked in a tennis shop i would play small online tournies while i strung racquets . i just had to glance over at the laptop and fold or shove every 30 seconds or so .

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I won't deny that whenever I have a little time at work I always play, but instead of the computer I play on my cell phone, I think it's more practical.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm playing :)
I work as a security guard, and sometimes my shifts can last up to 36 hours. Out of these 36 hours, I play poker for at least 4-7 hours. And in general, such a job as I have is quite well combined with playing poker, especially considering that most of the tournaments I play are freerolls :)