M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I play poker after work I find it easier to focus then.

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who still plays poker on the company computer during work hours?
I tried it, it's unrealistic. This combination only leads to disappointment, losses, and problems at work. I play only when I have free time, mostly in the evenings and at night. If I don't have free time, I just don't play.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is more distracting at work, so I don't do this practice.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Comes to mind the old saying: Far better to stay quiet & let people thing you a fool than to open your mouth & confirm their suspicions. Just sayin.

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
This combination doesn't mean you can't focus on any of them, unless you work from home and don't have problems.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess that I do some registrations on my cell phone...but playing is difficult, as you have to focus...

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Be careful doing this - anything you do on company networks or computers can easily be tracked and monitored. Not worth getting fired over playing online poker when you're supposed to be working.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In fact, I only play poker when I'm at work. I haven't played in my house for years.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As the boss and with the fact I use my work desktop also for gaming and I'm at home. I have when doing work related things with it in the background between hands. I don't play MTT's while working thou just cash tables and when working I only single table so I have plenty of time to work between hands. Honestly have found it works good in this situation to play cause I don't end up playing too many hands. Which tends to get me into terrible and simply torches money when I start playing too many hands.

If I worked in an office setting or worked from home for someone else I'd never risk it. Too easy for them to check and find out what I've been up too. I'm simply not that stupid.

Cheers!!!

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My job does not allow me to have time to play, there are days that are so busy that I don't even have time to sit down..lol

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I work from home, I have been doing so for many years and my home computer is also my work computer. It's quite difficult to combine poker and work, but sometimes, like in my case, it's quite possible.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never have and Never will, For two specific reasons, Firstly I was always too busy at work doing things the boss needed to be done, namely ME!
Secondly, I am now comfortably Retired and don't need to work any more, after selling my business to another guy, I can put my feet up and play all day long. lol.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker about 7 years ago, and I started playing at work. I had a colleague who played 2-3 hours a day at his workplace, I often watched him, asked him questions, and so one day I started playing myself. I played at work because I had a few hours free almost every day, and it would be wrong to miss this opportunity. But if you have an important and responsible job, then of course it's better to work hard and not be distracted.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I would like to be able to play at work, but I work as a driver and I'm on the road almost all the time, so I can't play poker. Although sometimes, there are days when I'm waiting for an order and I have a few hours to spare, so at such moments I play from my smartphone.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I did sometimes, however i realised it's not worth it cause there are distractions, anso you must switch away from the game from time to time, and it doesn't work

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I'm my own boss, so...yes! 🤩

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't play at wotk , I play only when I am at home relaxed and have much free time for my toournaments!

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yep, I did that a lot.
Actually, playing online poker made me an even more multitasking person - after developing hability to play six or more simultanean tables, entering two or three tournaments while making some office work became easy :ROFLMAO:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been off work for 4years but previously I found it difficult to play while 'working' even though much of my work was from home. I was always on call and it just wasn't worth it to fire up a schedule of MTT's to later have to sitout. This is actually what had me transition to playing cash tables.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I tried to play at work when I was working in the office, but nothing good came of it. I don't like to play cash games, I only play tournaments, and it's very difficult to play tournaments during the working day.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
never had a job ever, but I would def play if I had one lol

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker requires to be focused, so I avoid playing in places or situations where I can get easily distracted.