luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Do you pay attention to the nickname of the player
For example, if I played a $109+ tournament I have QQ and the mystery player has K7 we both go all in and the flop comes K49 my first thought is - how could he know that K would come and he had a lot of chips

Do you catch such players and put them on the suspect list

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
however, it is better to look around because after all, it is our money that we entrust to online poker....

ErnieMustang

ErnieMustang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
i pay attention to nicknames. i'd remember a guy's face at a cash table. so i make an effort to pay attention to online handles.

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I put the blame on the algorithm,
But I like to make fun of them because they are crystal ball players

*Yes, leaving a note on that player is good

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example, if I played a $109+ tournament I have QQ and the mystery player has K7 we both go all in and the flop comes K49 my first thought is - how could he know that K would come and he had a lot of chips

That is just the way the person plays. Now you know that he or she is willing to go all in with any king.. That is great information. Good luck

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

How could he know? .... Really?
Are you thinking about it? :)
It's like thinking about how a lottery winner knew where and when to buy a lottery ticket. Who could have told him about it?
..... Maybe one day he went for a walk and came across an alien spaceship. Outside the ship, on the lawn, there was a table with four strange creatures sitting at it... and playing... poker. He joined them, and they told him some secrets and gave him some amazing skills. Read more here:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can do a lot if you look at opponents names.
If sites don't catch them with all the filters ..I don't know if you can.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I don't think you can do a lot if you look at opponents names.
If sites don't catch them with all the filters ..I don't know if you can.

of course, it is possible that such players change their profiles every month, because it is not difficult to find money launderers

someone also offered me to create a poker account for him in my name, where they offered me 1000 dollars in a month

but I refused because I knew it was risky
let it remain a secret from which country the offer was made

Last edited:
john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

No, I'm not blacklisting them. And why should I, because it's part of the game! We often underestimate all hands on a pre-flop with a win rate below 40%, but sometimes it's called "opponent's luck" that we have to accept and move on. :unsure:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do keep notes on players and when someone plays this way I do note them. Do i think there is anything wrong when they hit, no I don't. I do hope to play them again soon though.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I'm not paranoid, so I don't make lists of suspects and I don't pay attention to the screen name either. But I do keep a close eye on the game and the decisions of my opponents. This always helps me achieve better results.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I'm not paranoid, so I don't make lists of suspects and I don't pay attention to the screen name either. But I do keep a close eye on the game and the decisions of my opponents. This always helps me achieve better results.

I'm not paranoid either, but poker sometimes makes us suspicious

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of course, it is possible that such players change their profiles every month, because it is not difficult to find money launderers

someone also offered me to create a poker account for him in my name, where they offered me 1000 dollars in a month

Anything is possible! However, programmers also adapt daily through algorithms. It's a constant game of cat and mouse, each one trying to overcome the other.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If the plays work and consistently do not make sense, I mark the player. And sure enough, I never see them again.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If you're not reporting this ^ then YOU are part of the problem!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Not putting the hand in context says A LOT about you actually. fwiw, the open shove with the K7 there might be 100% correct play & if not, this is a good thing for us. (if villain has done something I'm considering as 'bad' play then I will make a note on them in hopes of exploiting them in the future &/or adjusting my ranges accordingly.

Yah, I don't place notes on players who I think have some sort of Magical abilities.
It's different if I see some players colluding - - then the notes & color tags happen every time.

@luckfish98 is there every any posting about actual poker strategy or is it mostly conspiracy based stuff?

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I don't pay attention to my opponents' nicknames. Poker is a game based on skills, experience and luck. If a player plays with a hand like K7 and gets lucky, it doesn't mean that he is the son or grandson of the owner of the poker site. Perhaps the situation was such that it was you who made a mistake and played incorrectly with your pair of queens, and I fully admit that it could be so :)

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Not putting the hand in context says A LOT about you actually. fwiw, the open shove with the K7 there might be 100% correct play & if not, this is a good thing for us. (if villain has done something I'm considering as 'bad' play then I will make a note on them in hopes of exploiting them in the future &/or adjusting my ranges accordingly.

Yah, I don't place notes on players who I think have some sort of Magical abilities.
It's different if I see some players colluding - - then the notes & color tags happen every time.

@luckfish98 is there every any posting about actual poker strategy or is it mostly conspiracy based stuff?
anyway i will give you 100$ and go play poker but if you lose you will give me 10000 but if you win 200 of them i will give you 10000 - can you trust poker

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I just make a note of it and donkey mark it, lots of conspiracy theories...

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Be careful with these limiting beliefs, friend, they prevent you from evolving. This situation is normal, there are several players still playing this buyn...

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Some nicknames are funny, I don't think that has much to do with online poker scams honestly