How much of a monthly poker deposit would be acceptable?

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
there can't be an exact amount, because if your income is $500, then a deposit of that amount is unrealistically large, and also if your income is one million, then 10-50k is not such a large amount. If poker is entertainment for you, then the deposit amount should not exceed % of the budget allocated for entertainment. Still, if you make deposits monthly, maybe you need to work on yourself? And not even on the game, but on bankroll management. This is a very common problem for many players. And as many above write, more than one deposit for the entire time will not be needed. Think about it

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It’s better to invest this money in a good trainer and you won’t have to make a deposit every month :)
Usually no coach will help such players, they just love wild action, and money is just a tool.:p

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
you need to play for the money that you are ready to lose. and from this it is necessary to follow how much the deposit will be, or how much to leave in the account after withdrawal)))

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the ideal is to deposit only once, you have to know how to manage your bankroll so you don't have to deposit again

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
.I have been in a situation where I paid 1K per month and got nothing
But another example has been that I made a deposit of only 10 dollars a month, but I also withdrew 3K from i

The bottom line is that it's not important to bet a lot to win a lot, etc
I don't need deposits. I always have my bankroll at my disposal. I make deposits no more than once a year. If you make a deposit once a month, then you probably don't know what bankroll management is.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Figure out how much you can afford to lose then deposit half of that

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is a "deposit"? There is only a "withdraw" button for me. )

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think anyone can determine for you what is and what isn't acceptable as a deposit limit for you - its relative to many things and only you can decide that.
There are many logical and sense driven bankroll management articles out there and CC have information on this too - i think the advice already provided above is sound.
Poker should be fun, yes many play for the incentive of winning but that requires investment - budgeting out your own life should come first always.

i wholeheartedly agree with Matts advice above "Your situation is personal to you. My only advice is only deposit what you're prepared to and can afford to lose".

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
How long is a piece of string?. It’s your money. As much as you can reasonably afford I would suggest. The best bit of advice would be not to chase losses, this leads to the dark side.
I don't think an amount can be imposed, you should know best depending on the limits at which you are used to playing at cash tables, or how you set your bankroll depending on the tournaments aim . If almost all the time you're out on a loss, I say waste your time among our colleagues before depositing.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What is a "deposit"? There is only a "withdraw" button for me. )
I don't think it's possible without a deposit. I think you forgot that you started from the bottom. Good luck at the tables, sir 👍! And that's it

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Evolve or die is the main principle of poker.think $100 a year will be enough.The fact that there is less money and fewer chips in poker is not a reason to make hasty, disappointing conclusions. The good times are over for those who love easy money.
It is an honest amount and is fair for the experiences.

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think it's possible without a deposit. I think you forgot that you started from the bottom. Good luck at the tables, sir 👍! And that's it

Thank you! Of course I started with a deposit because there was no possibility to withdraw without a deposit. Good luck you too sir.