Heading into WCOOP... Goals?

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Well Sunday was kinda meh and a good news bad news day.

Bad news woke up feeling meh and not all that great so skipped the 9am events for a couple more hours sleep. Didn't feel much better when I woke up but still registered for the $5.50 WCOOP(PKO). Lost a big pot early from the BB with 34s when I flopped two pair and had it counterfeited on the river. From there worked my a$$ to make it till late registration closed and then got it all-in with 50bb against 55 and 77. River 5 :sick:ended my day and what would have been a triple up.

Good news managed to clear my weekends(outside some days trips with the wife) and Mondays till May or April. So we're going to get a lot more volume in this winter and in the bigger GTD MTT's of the week then I normally would :). Also I'm still playing well and getting it in good when it matters.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I haven't been able to play anything since my last cash. I had intentions of playing on 2 days but then stuff came up and it didn't happen. This week - Thurs, Fri, Sat., Sun & Monday is the plan

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 hrs 20 to go before 7 max WCOOP side event on pokerstars - its a favourite tourney type for me - a PKO, good luck if you are playing, why not join me?!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I better get move on then I got some shit to do before then.

Never got play any events yesterday had to help my buddy get his hunting camp setup. He has too many coyotes, a bear and a bobcat around to heading into the woods without a partner and yesterday he couldn't find anyone else Even thou I don't hunt anymore I went him. He'd do the same for me if roles were reversed. Had a great time thou was nice to get out into the woods again for a hike been awhile and I missed it a bit.

Good luck today man.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Well I wasn't quick enough getting my shit done so didn't get any WCOOP events in yesterday :(. Did play some cash in the evening and score a nice $20 winning session playing 5nl.

Looking forward to WCOOP event #67 starting in 4hrs plus got a few other MTT's planned for my schedule today. Hoping to hunt down and reach a day 2 in one of these events already. Can't reach my goal of a deep final table run unless I make a day 2.

Good luck to anyone playing WCOOP events today.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Well yesterday ended up being a blah poker day. Played many hours pretty much card dead in 2 different WCOOP events and then got it all-in short stacked with 77 hit trips and was rivered both times by 88.

Played two more events today and min cashed in 1 and just now busted in other set over set again :ROFLMAO:. I swear MTT poker is a form of torture most days. Well time to hit the heavy bag and speed bag for a bit, then shower and get ready for the Sunday Storm in 1.5 hours. Cant stay card dead forever and the best hand gotta hold sooner or later right? Like right?:ROFLMAO:.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
and get ready for the Sunday Storm in 1.5 hours.
Well I didn't play MTT's on Thurs., Fri., or Sat.,... BUT I did play a handful on Sunday. Started out doing terribly but then had a few small cashes AND I made it to Day2 of the Sunday Storm.
While sitting 7th/ 11 left, I busted out when the BB double KO'd me (and they also KO'd the shortest stack who was in SB with 1/2bb)
I ended up being the Final Table 'Bubble Boy'. 10th/ 11,001 is decent but I had NO Bounties :( And brutal thing, I had the guys with $200-$250 bountys covered (it was just a matter of getting that 1 shove through... & figured the BB couldn't call without a MONSTER given the situation). But call they did. (my notes had them making a very bad call the day before but in the heat of the moment I failed to read that note)
After that KO/call he was the HUGE chip leader going into the Final table.... but just now he went out in 9th place! Wow!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Congrats on the deep run. Sucks you couldn't finish it off with at least a final table and a few bounties. I typically don't get a lot of bounties in the knockout MTT's either. 10th of 11,001 is still a good score and hell of played poker MTT. Awesome work.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Played an event yesterday didn't go well with my AA early. Was pretty cranky about that the rest of the day.

Came back today an just managed a min cash while grabbing a few bounties on the way for $15 and change. My 3rd cash of the WCOOP series. Got one event left tomorrow. Won an $11 ticket play Chests & Ladders so gonna use it up.

In today's event I went in back to back hands. AJ vs A5. Villain hits his 5 on the flop. Turn river are blanks. Then I get 66 with 7bb left. Villain flops a straight and just as a final insult I hit my 6 on the river for trips and still lose :poop:.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I made another Day 2 but it was my smallest buyin of the day. And I was in great shape just before the end of Day1, 3 hands to go. I get AK, fish in BB shoves back at me, I call. He has A9o. Board runs out 567 J8 Giving him the straight and now we're 108th/ 180 left but if we'd held there we'd have been in Top20 :(
Fingers crossed for tomorrow! gl gl
I too have 1 $11 MTT ticket left. (I had 5 of them but won zero with the first 4)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that preparation doesn't play a big role here, the main thing is how well a good map will go for you and how many bots and regulars you will meet on your way.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WCOOP is proving more challenging this time round for sure, twice now been busted set over set when well placed.

Got my eye on todays $11 turbo freezeout...event 117-L 40k guaranteed.

Good Luck all

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think that preparation doesn't play a big role here, the main thing is how well a good map will go for you and how many bots and regulars you will meet on your way.
Completely the wrong way to think to be honest. In large field in MTT's preparation matters but so do many things. Luck plays more of a role in the bigger the field is and so do how long or short the blind levels are. The longer the blind levels the better for the more skilled and talented players. There's two types of luck in poker. Some people completely depend on luck to hit their cards.

I personally depend on not being unlucky. By that I mean I depend on the math to hold up. Which means the more times I start with the best hand the more times it's gonna hold. Which means I just need to not get unlucky. Like the AJ vs A5 hand above. If I don't get unlucky there that hand gets me from 1500+ down to the top 500 players even if I go completely card dead from between the 1500+ to 500 players mark.

One also has to know inside out what his shove and re-shove ranges and exactly how to play stack depths between 10-60bb from all positions. The more studied and better one knows these the better he'll do in the long run. One also needs to be well studied in ICM for the final table. Between this, a good night sleep and eating right that's being prepared and it matters.

Also as a 20+ winning player on Pokerstars not a brag cause I'm not really that good and haven't studied to advance my game in 15+ years. I can tell I don't worry or use the bot excuse for losing. If they exist on Pokerstars there's not many and they ain't good if they can't beat a guy who hasn't studied to advance his game in 15+ years.

As the old saying goes hard work(being prepared) and talent/skill beat luck and when talent/skill doesn't work hard or when it's not prepared in this case.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Just busted outta my last event. Collected a couple bounties, made till 30 mins after late registration closed. Pretty much card dead for 90% of the time. Final hand was a QQ shove from the BB with one limper who had A8os. He flopped trip Aces. Was able to catch a Q on the turn or river.

Didn't reach deep run/final table goal, hell never even made a Day 2 of any event I played. On the bright for my limited schedule I did manage to cash 3 times. Four if you count today cause entry was free from my chests & ladders ticket and I did score a couple bounties meaning I made a profit. Finished overall down small of $$$ for the series.

Cheers!!!