Heading into WCOOP... Goals?

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
No matter what stake level you play...how are you all feeling about your games and current MTT play?

Personally not feeling to bad. Could be a lot worse. Feeling ready. Had a deep final table run a couple weeks ago and a top 100 last week for $40. Haven't been min cashing a lot lately. It's a either a deep run or busted early.

My goal is pretty lofty for a hobby player with a very limited schedule. The goal make 1 deep final table run.

Cheers!!!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I wish you good luck! In poker it is important to set a goal and go for it. My goal at this WCOOP will be a prize zone in the WCOOP with a $2,500,000 guarantee. This tournament will be held at pokerstars on September 29. I will also be preparing for it mentally. :unsure:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to look for a return of a min of 8 itm from around 24 tourneys. Fingers crossed.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
@john_entony and @pirateglenn. I find setting goals helps keep me motivated and gives me a reason to play. Even whenI know the goal is very hard to almost impossible. I still hate not reaching it because I quit or didn't play. Least I can always say I went down fighting to last swing lol.

Good luck to both you. Keep updating how you guys do here if you want.

Well first event in the books for me. Ran into set over set early and lost a lot of my stack. Then couldn't get cards. Then doubled to 75bb. No cards for again for good stretch. Ended up battling just to stay alive for the next 3+ hours. Losing pretty much every all-in/flip(to lesser stacks) while ahead. Final hand was KK all-in for 28.9bb. Guy calls with OJos and hits trip J's on the river.

Pretty happy with my play overall. Deserved a better result in this one. But you get what you get...such is poker. On too the next one.....mid-late coming week.

PS: Now off for a break, a snack and then back to play a couple cash tables for a few hours while watching the Blue Jays game.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I'm making MTT goals it is pretty much always about Volume. I've been trying to get back to playing MTT's for quite a long while now but in the past few months I think I've only put in 2 sessions and because of this I'm unable to play anywhere near close to the number of tables & number of games in a day that I'd prefer to be doing (even as a minimum). I've been playing cash games for so long now that it's very tough for me to deviate from this (also because cash games suit my current life situation although to be honest, very often I find myself STILL sitting at my computer at 5 or 6pm and realizing "Wow! I could've played a full session of MTT's 'AGAIN' today!"). My health is poor, my partner's health is even worse and I am her full-time caregiver. I've also got a rather large dog that has a bit of an anxiety disorder. Today I managed to play a small session of tournaments and while doing so I managed to juggle my other commitments and it wasn't too bad (only losing a few timebanks about halfway through the day). Now if there's some way I can get the dog trained to only ask me to go outside during tournament breaks....

Played only a dozen tournaments today. Didn't get started until after 11am (PT) but had plans on starting before 8am. Stopped registering for new games at 1pm (had planned on registering for new games as I busted out of others, right up until 3pm (but mostly with hypers after 2pm).

I think I broke even today which is better than I thought was going to happen. At one point it felt like I was going to go 0 for 12 but then I managed to hang in and cash in 4 tournaments including making it to a Day 2 in an $11 WCOOP game. So even though I was certain there'd be no MTT play for me on Monday, it looks like now I'm going to be playing so I might as well make the best of it! (and the most of it).
My goal for tomorrow will be

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
When I'm making MTT goals it is pretty much always about Volume. I've been trying to get back to playing MTT's for quite a long while now but in the past few months I think I've only put in 2 sessions and because of this I'm unable to play anywhere near close to the number of tables & number of games in a day that I'd prefer to be doing (even as a minimum). I've been playing cash games for so long now that it's very tough for me to deviate from this (also because cash games suit my current life situation although to be honest, very often I find myself STILL sitting at my computer at 5 or 6pm and realizing "Wow! I could've played a full session of MTT's 'AGAIN' today!"). My health is poor, my partner's health is even worse and I am her full-time caregiver. I've also got a rather large dog that has a bit of an anxiety disorder. Today I managed to play a small session of tournaments and while doing so I managed to juggle my other commitments and it wasn't too bad (only losing a few timebanks about halfway through the day). Now if there's some way I can get the dog trained to only ask me to go outside during tournament breaks....

Played only a dozen tournaments today. Didn't get started until after 11am (PT) but had plans on starting before 8am. Stopped registering for new games at 1pm (had planned on registering for new games as I busted out of others, right up until 3pm (but mostly with hypers after 2pm).

I think I broke even today which is better than I thought was going to happen. At one point it felt like I was going to go 0 for 12 but then I managed to hang in and cash in 4 tournaments including making it to a Day 2 in an $11 WCOOP game. So even though I was certain there'd be no MTT play for me on Monday, it looks like now I'm going to be playing so I might as well make the best of it! (and the most of it).
My goal for tomorrow will be

Completely understand the MTT volume struggle Orifice as I love MTT's. The time to play volume is just never there for me so the last number of years now I've got more into cash tables they're just easier to manage with the time and schedule mt real life allows for poker. So I now in between big MTT series on Pokerstars and a number of the bigger daily/weekly MTT's with longer blinds is what I try to make time for. When they're not running or I miss them I just sit and double table cash. Finally starting to enjoy cash tables a bit more. Sorry to hear about you and your partners poor health isn't getting older so much fun? :ROFLMAO: .

Yeah that good you made Day 2 at least. I went just about 5 mins after late registration ended(I wouldn't have rebrought regardless) when I shoved my KK short stack into QJ and he rivered trip J to send me home. You gotta win flips and your good hands gotta hold.

Good luck the rest of the WCOOP events you play.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Completely understand the MTT volume struggle Orifice as I love MTT's. The time to play volume is just never there for me so the last number of years now I've got more into cash tables they're just easier to manage with the time and schedule mt real life allows for poker. So I now in between big MTT series on Pokerstars and a number of the bigger daily/weekly MTT's with longer blinds is what I try to make time for. When they're not running or I miss them I just sit and double table cash. Finally starting to enjoy cash tables a bit more. Sorry to hear about you and your partners poor health isn't getting older so much fun? :ROFLMAO: .

Yeah that good you made Day 2 at least. I went just about 5 mins after late registration ended(I wouldn't have rebrought regardless) when I shoved my KK short stack into QJ and he rivered trip J to send me home. You gotta win flips and your good hands gotta hold.

Good luck the rest of the WCOOP events you play.

Cheers!!!

Shockingly my hands were holding once deep in that one game but I was down to less than 3bb's at one point, lol. In an MTT on WPTglobal I actually had AQ > AK while deep in it, for the table chip lead and I can recall another spot where I was calling for the 2-outter on the river and it hit! "Come on FOUR!!! Four of Hearts LFG!!! ... YES!!!! There it is! Four-ball corner pocket! LFG!!" (lol)

Tournaments... I can recall saying "Tournaments suck! What am I doing playing this format" while in the early-middle parts of the session and then later.. "Tournaments fck'n Rock! Love this sh1t!" ha ha ha

LFG!!!!

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No matter what stake level you play...how are you all feeling about your games and current MTT play?

Personally not feeling to bad. Could be a lot worse. Feeling ready. Had a deep final table run a couple weeks ago and a top 100 last week for $40. Haven't been min cashing a lot lately. It's a either a deep run or busted early.

My goal is pretty lofty for a hobby player with a very limited schedule. The goal make 1 deep final table run.

Cheers!!!
Good luck! I don't think I'll be playing these ones, I hope next year.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Planned on playing a bunch of MTT's today seeing as I was committed to playing the Day2 of the WCOOP but after busting out of a few and then seeing the WCOOP might last only a few minutes I changed my mind (have a bunch of other stuff I'd like to do today as well with my partner).
Now I wish I had fired up more tourneys, lol (isn't that always the way?)

Managed to get 17th/ 7,944 for $295.33 & am looking forward to playing a bunch more this weekend but also promised my partner we'd be taking out the RV and going camping/travelling for 2weeks. Reserved a spot just 20mins. from home so I can rip home during the day to play, lol. (too bad they don't have internet reception out there... I could take a laptop and go wild. hmmm... )

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Planned on playing a bunch of MTT's today seeing as I was committed to playing the Day2 of the WCOOP but after busting out of a few and then seeing the WCOOP might last only a few minutes I changed my mind (have a bunch of other stuff I'd like to do today as well with my partner).
Now I wish I had fired up more tourneys, lol (isn't that always the way?)

Managed to get 17th/ 7,944 for $295.33 & am looking forward to playing a bunch more this weekend but also promised my partner we'd be taking out the RV and going camping/travelling for 2weeks. Reserved a spot just 20mins. from home so I can rip home during the day to play, lol. (too bad they don't have internet reception out there... I could take a laptop and go wild. hmmm... )

My next scheduled day of play will likely be Thursday dam work and stuff always getting in the way of fun :ROFLMAO:. Plus I'll get to play most the weekend so I'll get a couple more MTT's in then.

17th and almost $300 nice work Poker Orifice. Oh so close to a final table. Running good and playing that well you'll land a final table sooner or later. Me on the other hand I could use a bit of luck with the flips. And running into set over set is just a kick in nuts. Thankfully villain wasn't very good so it didn't cost my whole stack like it should have.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Good luck! I don't think I'll be playing these ones, I hope next year.
Thanks Marshmalo hopefully I can get a bit lucky with the flips. Sucks to be playing pretty good and solid poker only to be killed by pretty much every flip you're in specially when you're the one who's slightly ahead every time.

I hope things change and you get a play at least a few events. If you do get to play a few good luck right back at you man.

Cheers!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My next scheduled day of play will likely be Thursday dam work and stuff always getting in the way of fun :ROFLMAO:. Plus I'll get to play most the weekend so I'll get a couple more MTT's in then.

17th and almost $300 nice work Poker Orifice. Oh so close to a final table. Running good and playing that well you'll land a final table sooner or later.

1st in that one paid out over $10k Ugh!
I don't know about any final tables (although no doubt it'd be great!) but what I am hoping for is to rapidly increase the number of games I'm playing in a daily session. I'm just getting started but I do lack patience and would like to get it up to 30games/day sometime soon (before the end of October) with the goal of reaching 50games/day by Christmas. We'll see.

I honestly shouldn't be playing again until October BUT I want to play MTT's tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday... cash games on Friday (Friday is the very best day of the week and I hate to miss it). BUT I'm not sure how I'll manage this as I've promised my wife 2weeks of RV camping.

L

Luckyace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Wow, $10k for first place is definitely a nice payout — no wonder you’re eager to get back to the tables! It sounds like you have a solid plan for ramping up your game volume. Reaching 30 games a day by the end of October and 50 by Christmas is ambitious, but with focus and practice, I’m sure you can make it happen!

Balancing your poker schedule with life commitments like the RV camping trip is definitely a challenge, though. Maybe you could try playing in the evenings or early mornings while you're away? That way, you get to enjoy both the poker grind and the quality time promised with your wife. Whatever you decide, best of luck with your MTTs and cash games — and have a great camping trip!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Yeah it's always UGH when you get that close to a 5 figure score and can't finish it off. Those chances come around so rare specially when you're like me and can't get in a big volume of MTT's. Playing the volume you play and the fact you play that well you'll get more chances at that 5 figure score.

The volume goal is pretty ambitious hope you reach it. You have sometime to make it work and get there. Wish I could in that kinda volume. I haven't been able to do that kind of volume for a long time now. I typically aim for the bigger series like WCOOP and get in the all the volume I can when they come around. Plus a play as much as I can every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Cash I'll sit and play whenever I get the chance or when I'm down to only 1 MTT left for the day I'll fire up a cash table and play till I bust out or have to go do something else. Beign married and having 2 step-kids there's always something to do before long. So my volume is pretty limited. But I somehow make it all work.

Enjoy the RVing/trip. Oh and keep that wife happy because as us older guys know a happy wife makes for a happy life.

Cheers!!!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WCOOP schedule starts today having missed a few tourneys due to feeling unwell.

$5.50 NLHE 2 day event later today (8 max) and then $5.50 NLHE Deep stack on 14/9 to ease into things gently.

Good value tourneys - hope to see some of you on the virtual felt, shout out if you are playing and good luck!

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
WCOOP schedule starts today having missed a few tourneys due to feeling unwell.

$5.50 NLHE 2 day event later today (8 max) and then $5.50 NLHE Deep stack on 14/9 to ease into things gently.

Good value tourneys - hope to see some of you on the virtual felt, shout out if you are playing and good luck!

Better late then never PirateGlen. Good luck in your events today and all events going forward.

Today I'm playing the $11 Mystery Bounty and possibly the $5.50 8 max you're playing in a couple hours.

Not WCOOP related events but I also may play The Big $7.50 and The Big $3:30 later today.

Cheers!!!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better late then never PirateGlen. Good luck in your events today and all events going forward.

Today I'm playing the $11 Mystery Bounty and possibly the $5.50 8 max you're playing in a couple hours.

Not WCOOP related events but I also may play The Big $7.50 and The Big $3:30 later today.

Cheers!!!
go well my friend !

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
@Panda19977 Good luck.

Well busted the $11 Mystery Bounty early. But got it in good and was dominating villains both times AK vs AQ and AK vs AJ. Rivered both times of course :sick: .

On the bright side got my first cash in the $5.50(8 max). With a deepish run finishing inside the top 300/8146. It always comes down too that last flip lol. At least I won't be shutout in this series when it comes to cashing. No worse feeling then being completely shutout from cashing. But it has happened enough.

Cheers!!!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 tourneys down - nothing happening so far with myself well poised at one stage to make last 100 - losing AK suited versus AQ off suit, never like that one but hey - both of us played the hand well and got it in good.
Another 40k large field assembling later for the $5.50 Deep stack, see you there if you are playing and good luck to all of our CC players.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Sadly I won't be able to play any MTT's today. The wife and I had a day trip planned to Annapolis Royal and Fort Anne. So we'll be walking around an old fort, the grounds and a couple local beaches all day. Should be a good fun day I haven't been there since a high school trip and she's never been(she's Acadian).

Might to get double table a couple cash tables this evening when I get home. Depends on how drained and played out I am from today adventures. Good luck PirateGlenn and everyone else playing today. I'll get a couple WCOOP events in tomorrow I'm sure.

Cheers!!!