Have you ever broken your computer or phone because you lost a poker game?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sometime I have closed the laptop, slamming the damm thing into the table when I suddenly was out of the tournament with my two aces. But I never broke anything.

but it is not good to keep anger inside

you can go to the forest to scream or run

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The computer had boxing problems, but the mouse was broken twice.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I haven't, at least for now. If this were to happen then I would consider whether I should continue playing

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No ive fallen on laptop broke a screen getting up during a tournament and had one catch on fire playing for 10k seat and had monster chip lead for seat at full tilt for foxwoods wpt tournament...Ive never been a thrower of stuff out of frustration as a kid had two friends always did that in games easy money monopoly etc. lol

billibooo

billibooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have never been that angry during a game before <3 Now, there was one time I fumbled a tea on my keyboard....but that was just me being me :p

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I have not, but my brother broke the armrest on his office chair after years of pounding it after bad beats. At the same time the chair broke he also ended his poker adventure and started painting art instead and his new chair is still fine.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
GGpoker has tested my patience to the limit after a crazy loss, I froze but released my anger with a smile

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many, many years ago to my shame i did vent out after a particularly bad day at the poker office via my PC, i was young, ill equipped with the knowledge and maturity i have today and now know better and have the tools to deal with the downswings that are part and parcel of poker.
Its not the answer for sure and now i self manage really well and have various coping strategies when having such times.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
you know the interesting thing is that you can get used to losses and even enjoy them

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No i didn't, but i was relatively close sometimes :sneaky:

Mazembe

Mazembe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NA
Chips
No, and I hope it never happens but sometimes I understand why people do that. Those bad beats and counter fits really hurt

J

jerrycheng

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TW
Chips
Not at the moment. I survived the moment before the fall.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it probably also depends on the price, because if the computer costs 100 dollars, but the tournament is played for a 10K participation fee
and vice versa if the computer costs 10K and the tournament is for 100 dollars

I think everyone knows the choice in which option to do what !
(but I would also be sorry to break a 100 dollar computer on purpose)

Last edited:
RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not broken any devices or tech due to playing poker.

Before poker a few game console controllers got launched at the walls.

The one i specially remmember was Sonic 2 on the sega mega driver in my youth that Metal Sonic boss at the end of the game drove me Crazy lol

duparomana

duparomana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
O yes my phone crushed on the floor. Was outside for a smoke . Jump from PC to phone and busted first hand on it . Good by phone 🤣🤣

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As I mentioned before, over 15 years ago I did break my computer, by hitting the screen.
But not now. I am more in control.
I just wanted to mention how fascinating it is to me that I playing freerolls can get so angry;
But if you watch the games on Television, except for Phil Hellmuth, the pros in general have so much self-control I just find it amazing. Giving the amounts of money they can lose in just one hand.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
PC and Laptop no.

Phone however may have went for a little fly

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I don't even have much anger anymore because I know that poker will never end, because if I don't get lucky today, maybe I'll get 1 again tomorrow

S

sandy358

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
judging by the previous OP's posts OP is going through a poker mental crisis XD

answerring the question, i haven't broke anything besides my bankroll (I tilted once, decided to play a crappy fast-fold room and quit poker if i won't double my tiny bankroll)

S

sandy358

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
I don't even have much anger anymore because I know that poker will never end, because if I don't get lucky today, maybe I'll get 1 again tomorrow
I believe it's better to look at poker through the +EV perspective. Like a basic gambler may have a winning streak but in the long turn the house edge will almost always render them broke. You may have a losing streak, but if you are skilled enough in the long run your skill edge is most likely going to make you money

S

sandy358

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
I believe it's better to look at poker through the +EV perspective. Like a basic gambler may have a winning streak but in the long turn the house edge will almost always render them broke. You may have a losing streak, but if you are skilled enough in the long run your skill edge is most likely going to make you money
I've heard that even nits manage to make money somehow so the bar is not very high I believe

Top 10 Games