Cheating in online poker

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
has become the norm. its a sad state of affairs. I am certain the very good players from cardschat know this also.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
has become the norm. its a sad state of affairs. I am certain the very good players from cardschat know this also.
How did you find out about this, are there any screenshots, or are they just guesswork, like the whole table is against you and all the bots are against you?

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its the perfection of the players, if you pay close attention, the ones who play hours upon hours and make zero human errors are those that should be paid closer attention to.
I'm not saying they're all cheating but some are for sure. human beings make errors and they play w emotion, beware those players who seem impervious to this.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Actually a very interesting discussion! I generally believe that there is no such thing as cheating in online poker. So for the first time I will ask the question to the author of the topic: where did you meet with cheating and in which poker room? :unsure:

duparomana

duparomana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Yeah but if you have watched last live poker they cheating there too

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think its the exception rather than the norm.

Plenty of fish and regs are far from GTO bots, generally playing tons of tables and playing ABC poker.

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It seems that the author of the topic confuses fraud and work on the game... If a person plays 12 hours a day and some actions are repeated so often that they are recorded in the subconscious, then he is a fraudster? In fact, in the community they are called regulars. If you mean bots, then you need to write about this to the security service of a specific room (of course with evidence)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
There are fraudsters everywhere. There are in poker, and in other areas. Where there are people, there are also scammers. You just need to get used to it, be careful and do what you need to do.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
You ever think maybe they're just better...., maybe they work on their game more, maybe everyone should😎👍

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Multi-accounting: Most online poker sites state in their rules and regulations that players can only have one account. It would be unfair to other players if someone had the ability to play with multiple accounts at once in order to participate in more poker tournaments than they are allowed.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are ways Players can Collaborate when playing on-line, Talking to each other while they play on the same table, over the phone or using Discord. This just gives me another reason why I don't play for huge buy-ins because it would be so easy for players to collaborate this way, On-line Poker is great if you play just for fun, no one in the right frame of mind is going to cheat this way for a Micro/Small stakes poker game, It just wouldn't be financially viable.
If you feel that On-line Poker is Crooked or Rigged in any way, the answer is Simple, DON'T PLAY!
No one is forcing you to play, they are not stood next to you holding a gun to your head. You don't have to make a deposit, You don't have to buy-in to games you really shouldn't be playing. Use your common sense and if you feel cheated, DO SOMETHING ELSE!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you want the truth about online poker software just look into buying some to start your on site!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless there are bots , cheating would be very difficult,
the bots if programmed correctly, can win up to 80% of the time and take everyones money.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Until I see really strong evidence, I will never believe that sites cheat.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you find out about this, are there any screenshots, or are they just guesswork, like the whole table is against you and all the bots are against you?
how impolite to discuss what you mean by that when was the last time you played anywhere not including GGpoker?

Last edited:
hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There are ways Players can Collaborate when playing on-line, Talking to each other while they play on the same table, over the phone or using Discord. This just gives me another reason why I don't play for huge buy-ins because it would be so easy for players to collaborate this way, On-line Poker is great if you play just for fun, no one in the right frame of mind is going to cheat this way for a Micro/Small stakes Poker game, It just wouldn't be financially viable.
If you feel that On-line Poker is Crooked or Rigged in any way, the answer is Simple, DON'T PLAY!
No one is forcing you to play, they are not stood next to you holding a gun to your head. You don't have to make a deposit, You don't have to buy-in to games you really shouldn't be playing. Use your common sense and if you feel cheated, DO SOMETHING ELSE!

This is a big part of why I always stayed between 2nl-50nl(most doing bankroll challenges) on cash tables I just don't trust people not to collaborate thru phone, discord, team-speak or other such messaging Apps.

MTT's I've always played whatever I wanted up too the Sunday Million a number of times over the years. It's a lot harder for two people to collaborate playing MTT's as the table draws all random.

I don't for a second believe or think regulated and trusted sites like pokerstars(with their 20+ year clean rep) knowingly cheat or allow players to cheat. Are there players out there cheating even on sites like Pokerstars I have no doubt there are. But they're not at micro/low stakes where the majority of us play. There's just not enough money in it at them stakes for people smart enough to know how to cheat. You're avg dummy playing micro/low stakes doesn't have the brain power or know how to get away with cheating online. They'd be easily caught.

With that said there's plenty of sites I'd never trust even at micro/low stakes. Their past history, lack transparency and how they go about their business is just scummy and douchey. And if my 51 years experience on this planet where there's smoke there's always fire.

Cheers!!!

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive never been 1 to shy away from a controversial subject. so i'll say this, it is no doubt naive to believe there is no cheating going on (as some have mentioned)in online poker. its been proven over and over on a daily basis.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
ive never been 1 to shy away from a controversial subject. so i'll say this, it is no doubt naive to believe there is no cheating going on (as some have mentioned)in online poker. its been proven over and over on a daily basis.

Anywhere there's decent money involved there's always cheats.

Hell I've run and managed stock racing tracks where guys race for not even enough money to cover the cost of their cars and racing. They race only as a hobby and because they enjoy it like micro/low stakes poker players . The feature winners get a bit of money and a $5 trophy. Guy's will try and cheat just for that $5 trophy lol. I lol but it's no joke. They always get caught of course cause they aren't smart enough at the local track level. Now stepup to Indycar, F1 and Nascar where they race for living and big money just like high stakes poker players they cheat like hell. Some get caught...many don't.

Cheers!!!

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
This is a big part of why I always stayed between 2nl-50nl(most doing bankroll challenges) on cash tables I just don't trust people not to collaborate thru phone, discord, team-speak or other such messaging apps.

MTT's I've always played whatever I wanted up too the Sunday Million a number of times over the years. It's a lot harder for two people to collaborate playing MTT's as the table draws all random.

I don't for a second believe or think regulated and trusted sites like Pokerstars(with their 20+ year clean rep) knowingly cheat or allow players to cheat. Are there players out there cheating even on sites like Pokerstars I have no doubt there are. But they're not at micro/low stakes where the majority of us play. There's just not enough money in it at them stakes for people smart enough to know how to cheat. You're avg dummy playing micro/low stakes doesn't have the brain power or know how to get away with cheating online. They'd be easily caught.

With that said there's plenty of sites I'd never trust even at micro/low stakes. Their past history, lack transparency and how they go about their business is just scummy and douchey. And if my 51 years experience on this planet where there's smoke there's always fire.

Cheers!!!
I completely agree with you, in MTTs where there are a lot of players the probability of teamplay decreases. Moreover, the players themselves collect evidence using trackers and send it to the site's security service, and then the service has a choice to turn a blind eye or block dishonest players, as a rule, not wanting to sacrifice their reputation, they block such players

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
how impolite to discuss what you mean by that when was the last time you played anywhere not including GGpoker?
What is this line for? What is she talking about, have you met crooks? Do you play everywhere and know a lot about things like this?
Then you need to create a polite discussion topic.

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the main thing is to follow the basic and fairly elementary security rules, then the likelihood of cheating will be minimal. Of course, there will always be a risk, but we are all players and we have to get used to the risk.
If you have the amount of money in your account, that is, in your bankroll, which will not be critical for you in case of its loss, then I think you can be solid and enjoy your favourite games.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
its the perfection of the players, if you pay close attention, the ones who play hours upon hours and make zero human errors are those that should be paid closer attention to.
I'm not saying they're all cheating but some are for sure. human beings make errors and they play w emotion, beware those players who seem impervious to this.
I'd suggest this isn't an indication of players who are cheating. It might come as a surprise to you but most players who play 'regularly' don't play with emotion. How would know if they were emotional? What trait gives you this information?

What I think I'm hearing from your post is this "Wow! I haven't played much lately and am I ever noticing how much tougher the games have gotten. You can't just win tournaments by betting POT each street with TPTK type hands. It just seems like so many players know what they're doing nowadays.
(and you'd be correct in your assumption).
There's still plenty of games/tables/tournaments where you'll find loads of bad players.