tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
odds are so unintuitive for human brains. The birthday paradox is a wonderful example that can easily verify this. Despite seeming impossible, it states In a room of just 23 people there's a 50-50 chance of at least two people having the same birthday. This comes from exponents and first person mind frame. We only see our own 22 match chances and not all 23 individuals match chances. Which turns out to be 253 match attempts in total. The issues of exponentials and first person bias causing counter intuitive answers is represented in multiplayer card games. This is 1 major reason poker can be difficult, but not the only reason. For another even more brain hurting example see the Monty Hall Problem. It takes a bit too long to explain here.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker.
You can learn the rules in a day.
It takes a lifetime to master it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
is so difficult to learn poker

It's even more difficult losing money you cannot afford to lose! I know many who will disagree, but the safest way to learn the game is to play the game, and start off with either Play Money or freerolls.
Sure they are different from playing with real Cash, but it gives you a grounding on how the game progresses, and how to limit your losses, I started off playing on my Facebook profile, and lost count how many mistakes I made, but I didn't care, It wasn't costing me anything, and I learned a lot of things through playing the Freerolls on pokerstars.
It takes time, but if you don't want the game to take all your money, It's the only way to learn.