christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Para sua informação, sou iniciante, então ainda não conheço todo o jargão do pôquer.:)

Estou jogando há um mês, assistindo a vídeos aleatórios no YouTube, mas, no geral, não estou satisfeito com a dispersão e a natureza desorganizada das informações.

Comprei o Poker Tracker 4, espero que seja o melhor, pois não me incomodei em pesquisar, hah. Sei sobre estatísticas de VPIP e PFR.

Tenho analisado as chances de acertar certas mãos e jogar apenas as 20% melhores, jogando de forma mais tight do que isso, fora de posição.

Estou tentando tapar vazamentos óbvios como blefar, dar limp, jogar OOP e exagerar em mãos bonitas e problemáticas 😁

Perdi cerca de US$ 35 e investi cerca de US$ 60 até agora!

Estou basicamente procurando dominar meu jogo no nível de microestados. Gostei de um artigo neste site sobre pot odds, que foi útil. Usando as informações, posso dizer que estou fazendo calls e folds que não teria feito antes, com base na matemática bruta.

Alguma dica? Preciso pagar por um curso?
If you keep losing chips like this, it would be best to take an online course to get started.

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you agree with this fold?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 208.5 BB
SB: 376 BB (VPIP: 27.21, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 5.13, hands: 138)
BB: 72 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
UTG: 199 BB (VPIP: 71.32, PFR: 12.59, 3Bet Preflop: 5.71, Hands: 138)
MP: 19 BB (VPIP: 53.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
CO: 111.5 BB (VPIP: 25.58, PFR: 2.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 43)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: Q:heart:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, UTG raises to 14 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (31.5 BB, 2 players) J:club: 4:club: 7:spade:
UTG bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn: (61.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
UTG checks, Hero bets 26 BB, UTG raises to 170 BB and is all-in, fold

UTG wins 108 BB

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah its formatted pretty badly, nvm

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you agree with this fold?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 208.5 BB
SB: 376 BB (VPIP: 27.21, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 5.13, Hands: 138)
BB: 72 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
UTG: 199 BB (VPIP: 71.32, PFR: 12.59, 3Bet Preflop: 5.71, Hands: 138)
MP: 19 BB (VPIP: 53.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
CO: 111.5 BB (VPIP: 25.58, PFR: 2.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 43)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: Q:heart:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, UTG raises to 14 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (31.5 BB, 2 players) J:club: 4:club: 7:spade:
UTG bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn: (61.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
UTG checks, Hero bets 26 BB, UTG raises to 170 BB and is all-in, fold

UTG wins 108 BB
Next time its better to post in the cash game hand analysis forum. But since you posted here, lets look at the hand anyway:

Preflop
I am not a big fan of this 3-bet. The main reason is, that MP (should be called HJ) only has 19BB to start the hand. And while a min-raise over a limp certainly looks weak, I think, there is a high risk, that he will jam on you with whatever, he has. And in that case you have kind of committed yourself to call it off with QJ offsuit, which is almost never going to be ahead.

This is not, what happen though. Instead UTG goes for the good old limp-reraise, and its basically a min 4-bet. If we look at his HUD-stats, he is super loose preflop but also pretty passive, so this just scream strength. I would still not fold due to the price, you are getting, but already now you should be thinking about, that there is a high chance, this player has something really strong like aces or kings. Which mean that top pair is probably not good, if he puts in a lot of money postflop.

Flop
I kind of hate the spot, but I guess, you cant fold to just one bet, when you flopped top pair.

Turn
Now he check, which is good, but your hand is to in between to bet. Either he still has you beat and is trying to trap you, or he has nothing, and then he is probably just going to fold. Like maybe he was intending to fold preflop but hit "raise" as a misclick, and now he is giving up with K5 offsuit or something. So check back and see, what happen on the river. As played you are beat and not getting odds to draw to two pair or trips, so good fold.

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next time its better to post in the cash game hand analysis forum. But since you posted here, lets look at the hand anyway:

Preflop
I am not a big fan of this 3-bet. The main reason is, that MP (should be called HJ) only has 19BB to start the hand. And while a min-raise over a limp certainly looks weak, I think, there is a high risk, that he will jam on you with whatever, he has. And in that case you have kind of committed yourself to call it off with QJ offsuit, which is almost never going to be ahead.

This is not, what happen though. Instead UTG goes for the good old limp-reraise, and its basically a min 4-bet. If we look at his HUD-stats, he is super loose preflop but also pretty passive, so this just scream strength. I would still not fold due to the price, you are getting, but already now you should be thinking about, that there is a high chance, this player has something really strong like aces or kings. Which mean that top pair is probably not good, if he puts in a lot of money postflop.

Flop
I kind of hate the spot, but I guess, you cant fold to just one bet, when you flopped top pair.

Turn
Now he check, which is good, but your hand is to in between to bet. Either he still has you beat and is trying to trap you, or he has nothing, and then he is probably just going to fold. Like maybe he was intending to fold preflop but hit "raise" as a misclick, and now he is giving up with K5 offsuit or something. So check back and see, what happen on the river. As played you are beat and not getting odds to draw to two pair or trips, so good fold.
Nice post, thanks, I didnt even consider stack size! Ive changed the HUD to big blinds instead of cash now to make it easier to see.
Yes he could easily have jammed it and it would have been very sketchy. Im trying to avoid those uncomfortable situations. Even with top pair like you said it could be beaten and be expensive.
The bet on river was classic me. "Im not sure what to do, maybe im good, lets put in a bet and hope not to get reraised" Which i did! So a check on turn and call a reasonable bet on river would have been better.

I was happy with river fold as a month ago i would have over committed and paid him off in full, "trying to be the sherrif"!

Last edited:
P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and why are some cards in red?

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those questions are open to anyone :)

I just got away with overplaying pocket jacks, luckily hitting a jack on river (JJ vs QQ).
One of those situations where i knew i was probably beaten, but it was hard to get away from as I was reraised from an OOP player when i was on button. I didnt know much about the player but it was a 2.5x 3bet preflop, we were both only around 100 blinds, so I knew it would be all in situation by the end.

Thats why pokers great though, almost anyone can win no matter how far behind you are in the race!

But yes, pocket Jacks, awkward hand sometimes.

Last edited:
thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The best tip I can give you is to stay there!

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont understand. Do you mean stay ahead in the hand?

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play good card. starting w 2/9 suited for example is like throwing your $ away.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@pocketacesbeast

You are in pretty good hands with most of the members trying to assist you in this thread.

There is a ton to learn and the learning never stops! Someone suggested looking at the Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 days learning tool. This program does come highly recommended for those of us who are learning more about the game. The lessons are not long and who knows?! It might help you out!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good enough start for someone with little knowledge. There are other programs like solvers, so don't assume you're the best. Good luck.

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good enough start for someone with little knowledge. There are other programs like solvers, so don't assume you're the best. Good luck.
The biggest improvement i made was being humble, just playing 1 table and being patient. Also, this may seem obvious, but Im trusting my gut more. If im not happy someone has made a big raise or has gone all in i ditch instead of carrying on in a marginal situation! The 30 day course is also helping to play more efficiently. Im a slow learner but im getting there !

I downloaded a solver but i got a message from pokerstars saying its illegal..

P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Classic. I watched a poker video, tried to mix it up a little and now im losing money again :D

bluffing more, floating more... not working out. I think my reads are not reliable yet. I want to get back to basics and get evens first I think: I won half my losses back and now im losing once I abandoned a slow paced, thin profit winning strategy!

I think as a beginner if you start thinking about too many things it can overload you. Patience, humility and poker fundamentals are key for me I think.

Last edited:
P

pocketacesbeast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things I've been doing during my recent downswing in profit at 2nl micros:

-I picked up a tip on YouTube (lol) to continuation bet the pot on the flop as it only has to work 1 out of 3 times to be profitable. Is that correct?

-Im playing looser on the button, playing hands perhaps as bad as a Q8o

-im playing tighter in EP and throwing away hands as good as QJo

What do you think?

Top 10 Games Poker Tips